Luton Travel Answers

change location
stfan's Profile Photo

Express by Holiday inn?

by stfan Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 8:12 AM

Hey! It seems I am the only one posting in the this forum ;) But anyways, I will be staying at the Express by Holiday inn hotel next to the airport. Anyone stayed there? If so how is it? I dont really need anything else then a bed and a shower. Thanks :) Stefan

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • bonio's Profile Photo

Re: Express by Holiday inn?

by bonio Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 9:56 AM

Stayed there earlier this year, a typical HE express - has a bar restaurant too. Very close to airport - we were happy Alan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Express by Holiday inn?

by leics Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 10:27 AM

Haven't stayed there, but all such chain hotels much the same. Will be fine, if anonymous.

• stfan's Profile Photo

by stfan Online Now Oct 19, 2004 at 5:05 PM

Thanks you guys :) Stefan

• Re: Express by Holiday inn?

by LuckyLucy Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 2:02 PM

The hotel is a pretty standard hotel. Nothing too special but you should be comfortable there. I was reading your other post about things to do in Luton. If you like Chinese food there is a really good restaurant called Aromas in the same building as the Cineplex someone mentioned earlier. You pay one price (about £12 in the evening) and you can eat as much as you want. There is also an arcade type place in the same building with video game machines and bowling and there is a large pub underneath. I went there once and it seemed ok. A good place to shop for clothes that are reasonably priced is a place called Matalan. It's a huge warehouse type shop on London Road. (Not far from the town centre. I think it stays open until 8pm. Then there is the Arndale Centre shopping Mall, but it closes at 6pm. There are night clubs in Luton, but if you go out at night take taxi's as I wouldn't want to be walking around Luton at night. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• stfan's Profile Photo

by stfan Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 2:25 PM

Thank you so much! Now this shop you meantioned, is it only one shop ir is it like a mall? Thanks! Stefan

• Re: Re: Express by Holiday inn?

by LuckyLucy Online Now Nov 8, 2004 at 2:07 PM

It is only one shop but it is very big. It sells men's, women's and children's clothes and shoes also household goods and the prices are very reasonable. Everyone in Luton knows it and can tell you how to get there. It would not cost too much to take a taxi there directly from your hotel. The chinese restaurant and pub etc are in the Galaxy Centre in the town centre. Hope this helps

• stfan's Profile Photo

by stfan Online Now Nov 8, 2004 at 3:44 PM

Yes it does, thank you :) - stefan

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Luton