Luquillo Travel Answers

change location
Newyoricangirl's Profile Photo

Looking for Beachfront Hotel in Luquillo, Fajardo or Rio Grande

by Newyoricangirl Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Hi, I'm new to this site and need help. I am visiting PR during the 1st week of September and would like to stay in Luquillo, Rio Grande or Fajardo for a couple of days. I'd like to stay in a room overlooking the ocean, but can't find one that is nice but not super expensive. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for Beachfront Hotel in Luquillo, Fajardo or Rio Grande

by TexasDave Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM

What do you consider expensive? El Conquistador has rates for159 and up and is a nice hotel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dlandt's Profile Photo

by dlandt Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Luquillo isn't that big and you won't find a huge choice of accomodations. Many of those available are in two high rise apartment buildings that are partly rentals and partly owner occupied. You can get different rates but I wouldn't recommend shopping exclusively by price. You might get what you pay for (like we did) and have problems with a/c and hot water (like we did). The general impression I got is that the lower priced condos target one time only visitors who will not return. The nicer ones are aimed at people who will return year after year. Those are better maintained and furnished.

If you do opt for the condos in the high rise then you will have easy beach access and access to the pools, which are well maintained and nice.

• Newyoricangirl's Profile Photo

by Newyoricangirl Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Thank you both...this helps!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Luquillo Travel Answer Locations