change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mihailoff's Profile Photo

Clothing manufacturers

Guangzhou Jul 27, 2015 at 6:08 AM

Hi everyone, will be staying in Guangzhou for ten days in August for manufacturing purposes. Can anyone suggest a Caucasian travel guide as I have trouble working with guides that have turned out to be "insiders" working closely with the manufacturers. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

more
    • sheesha lounge in ningbo.

Ningbo Jul 13, 2015 at 7:38 PM

I m now in yinzhou district in Ningbo,china and want to smoke sheesha in nearby area. Please let me know where i can get hookah lounge in my nearest distance.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Chinese opera

Suzhou Yesterday

Hi,

I am interested in seeing a Chinese opera performance in Suzhou.

Does anyone know where to see one in Suzhou?

Thanks

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Walking around West Lake

Hangzhou Jul 27, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Hi,

I do not know how to ride a bike so I plan to walk around West Lake. I would be there in early January. I know the lake is large and has a lot of small paths that deviate from the general trail around the lake. How long would it take for a leisurely walk around the lake?

I like to take photos. Which side of the lake is the most scenic, especially during sunrise and sunset?

Thanks

more
    • Yanji day tours?

Yanji Jul 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Hi,
      Wondering if anyone knows of any day tours for Yanji and surrounding region in China.
      I'm going in October - but the city is literally an 'add-on' to a bigger tour.
      Hence, the requirement for a day trip only.
      My research suggests only buses and cabs to get around.
      Yet the best attractions/scenery appear to be out of town.
      Any one have any advice/experience re. this?
      Many thanks :)

more
    • aonceu's Profile Photo

Walking in the dark and distance to Baiyun Hotel

Huangshan Jul 1, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I only have one night and two half-days on the mountain so I'm trying to fit as much as I can without over exhausting myself. I decided that staying at Baiyun would be the best midpoint for this trip but I was wondering if it would be safe for a 31 year old average-moderately athletic man to walk these routes in the dark in July.

I want to see Cloud Dispelling Pavilion during sunset but how long would it take to return to Baiyun and would it be safe to walk this route in the dark?

And in the morning, I wanted to wake up at 4am and walk to Fairy Walking Bridge for sunrise. How long is the walk and would this be do-able or would is it too dangerous in the early morning?

more
    • Jiuzhaigou Region in April

Jiuzhaigou Jul 23, 2015 at 5:34 PM

We have been told that March to April is low season in Jiuzhaigou. Only 5 star and several 4 stars hotels are open. The others will be closed to the end of April. Also there is only basic service in the area.

Is it still possible to go to Jiuzhaigou region in April (2016) or is it better to go later in the year? We know that the walking tracks may be closed but is it still possible to get public buses to/from the park area and are they regular? Also do the buses within the park still run?

more
    • Visa Application

Shenzhen Jul 18, 2015 at 8:35 AM

I am a Malaysian. I will be going Shenzhen from Macau on this coming tuesday. I didn't apply any visa. Can I apply visa on arrival (voa)? Is it still available?

more
    • Hostel or Hotel near Jing'an College

Shanghai Jul 18, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Hello dear travellers,

My fiancée is in Shanghai at the moment to take a language class at the Shanghai Jing'an College, 601 Jiaozhou Rd, Jing'an, Shanghai. She still needs a place to stay, where she can sleep and study. Can anyone recommend a hostel or hotel or anything alike that is close to the college, or at least easy to get there?

And it should be cheap enough to afford a one month stay.

Thank you very much for your effort.

more
    • sallam88's Profile Photo

Route through China?

China Yesterday

Hi VTs,

I will be backpacking China for 35 days. My current route as follows: Hong Kong - Guangzhou - Xiamen - Shanghai - Beijing and Xi'an... I need help on where should be my next stops after Xi'an, kindly note that I will be flying in/out from Hong Kong

Regards
      Sallam

more
    • Points of interest

Beijing Jul 1, 2015 at 11:03 AM

I'll be in Beijing next week for2 1/2 days . Can someone recommend points of interest?

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Connecting from Suzhou to Wuzhen and from Wuzhen to Hangzhou.

Wuzhen Jul 7, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I am wondering which way is the easiest going from Suzhou to Wuzhen. Should I take the bus directly from Suzhou to Wuzhen or should I take the high speed train from Suzhou to Tongxiang and than transfer to a bus to Wuzhen? How long would it take by bus and by train and bus?

Is there a bus from Wuzhen to Hangzhou? Should I, instead, take the bus from Wuzhen to Tongxiang and then take the high speed train from Tongxiang to Hangzhou?

Thank you

more
    • Issuing Tibet traveling permits in Kathmandu

Tibet Jul 6, 2015 at 5:49 AM

Hi, Does any one know how long will it take to issue all the required permits for Tibet trekking through an Kathmandu agency? I plan to find a traveling agency to do the arrangements once I get to Kathmandu (September 2015) and was wandering how long will it take. If I understood correctly, the Tibet entry permit takes about 3 days to issue (with some extra costs), but the trek i want to do also requires an Alien’s Travel Permit, which i'm not sure can be issued so fast...

Thanks! Miriam

more
    • Railway Station

Tanggu Jul 6, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Can anyone help? Travelling to Beijing in October and intended to take train to Tanggu then taxi to port for cruise. I have just been told that Tanggu railway station is closed at present for reconstruction. Is this true?
      If I have to take train to Tianjin, which train station is best for taxi to cruise terminal?

more
    • aonceu's Profile Photo

Cheap Accommodation in Gubei Water Town

Gubeikou Jul 1, 2015 at 8:14 PM

I just booked a $92 USD room in Yinghua Hotel from CTrip. This costs almost as much as my four other hotel rooms in China combined. Are there any cheaper options in Gubei?

I've heard of people staying in hostels and renting rooms in people's homes but I can't find any other information. Should I cancel my reservation? Please help me out and thanks in advance!

more
    • aonceu's Profile Photo

Getting to and from Simatai

Beijing Jul 1, 2015 at 7:02 PM

I read about the 980 Express Bus from Dongzhimen to Miyun bus station and then the Miyun mini buses to Simatai so I planned my whole trip around that. Upon more research, I found that many people never found the mini buses and were pressured to pay for a 200-400 RMB taxi ride to Simatai and then another to get back.

Has anyone actually taken the mini bus and how long does it take? I plan on taking the 980 bus from Beijing around 0700 on a Friday, around what time can I expect to arrive in Simatai? Or will I be forced to pay 200+ RMB to get from Miyun to Simatai and will I have trouble getting back to Beijing the next day?

more
    • longmen caves to shaolin temple

by Triptrap Online Now Apr 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Is anyone know how to get to these places with public transport?

5 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 10:12 PM
    • long distance bus from Beijing to Luoyang

by riddledmermaid Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Does anyone know the bus schedule, length of trip and possibly the cost of a ticket from Beijing-Luoyang via long distance bus. Thank you

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    • English translator for Chen Village

by Yudy186 Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I will be in Luoyang on Tuesday 7/23 and am trying to visit Chen Village (Chenjiaguo). The hotel can get me a driver, but he won't speak English. Any recommendations for an English-speaking guide/driver? Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    • JasonC35's Profile Photo

Japanese restaurant

by JasonC35 Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Is there any Japanese restaurant?

1 Answer Mar 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • Nailatourist's Profile Photo

Huashan tour

by Nailatourist Online Now Jun 24, 2011 at 8:23 AM

hello
      i will be both in Xian and Luoyang
      from which city should i go to Huashan?
      are there tours like a 4 hour tour for instance that i can book?
      where?
      thanks in advance
      naila

5 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    • xian to luoyang

by dinadimova Online Now May 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM

hi, I am in Xian for 2 days,I like to visit Shaolin temple and Luoyang.How I get there? Bus or a train? Is it one day OK to see the temple?How mach it`s cost the visit in Shaolin?Can I just visit for a day and come back to Xian?Is ther any fast way to GO? thank you..

3 Answers May 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    • Faala's Profile Photo

First time to Xian & Luoyang

by Faala Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I'm planning to visit Xian & Luoyang from Beijing.
      For Xian: How many days do I need to visit Terra Cotta Warriors, Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum, Xian City wall, Bell & Drum Tower, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Shaanxi History Museum, Mosleum Street, Great Mosque, and Mt.Huashan? Also, is Qianling Mausoleum worth visiting?
      For Luoyang: How many days do I need to visit Longmen Grottoes, Shaolin Temple and White Horse Temple?

I'll be arriving Beijing on 20th Oct'10 in late afternoon. Seems like most people travel to Xian by overnight train. Is it possible to get the night train to Xian on the same day when I arrive Beijing? Or can I book the train tickets overseas?
      What's the best way to travel from Xian to Luoyang? And also best way to travel from Luoyang back to Beijing? As I need to be back in Beijing on 27th Oct'10. Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 1, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    • train Shanghai to Luoyang

by annarm Online Now Jun 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Hi, I'd like to know about the train K738/735 from Shanghai to Luoyang. Is it a nice train, is it on time, and can one actually get some sleep in a soft sleeper with all those stops? Also, can I be assured of getting sleeper--there are four of us--if we buy the ticket in Shanghai 6/12 for a 6/15 departure? Thanks for the info.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Longmen Grottoes and Shaolin Temple--in 1 day

by SandiM Online Now May 22, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I realize that you should take about 2 days or more to explore this area, but my partner and I are short on time so we have 1 day to do this. We are arriving by train from Zhengzhou in the early morning, and want to take the late train from Luoyang to Beijing in the evening. Is taking a bus from Luoyang to Longmen and back, then another bus from Luoyang to Shaolin and back, the only option? Is there a bus service from Longmen -> Shaolin (or vice versa?). I really don't want to be stuck without return transportation! I am also willing to research the cost of hiring a driver and car for the day to hit both spots before sundown, but I need a website or referral for that (anybody?). And which should be first? Shaolin temple or Longmen? I am very serious about visitng both sites in 1 day. Thanks!

8 Answers May 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Getting into Luoyang

by stamporama Online Now Jun 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I'm looking into the prospect of visiting this city in April next year, and from what I've gathered it appears that China Eastern is the only airline that flies here directly from Beijing or Shanghai (where my plane from Manila arrives). However, I've also read quite a number of recent horror stories about this airline's service that makes me wary of riding it. Taking the bus or train sounds like a long and tiring proposition which I'd like to avoid.

Are there other alternatives that anyone might suggest? Is Chinese Eastern the only one available? Or would it be just as convenient to fly in at another city near Luoyang and travel overland from there?

Thanks for any reply.

3 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    • buses from luoyang to beijing

by kyhar Online Now Mar 17, 2008 at 11:15 PM

hi

anyone have info on buses from luoyang to beijing ? Where do they depart from,, what is the frequency and how long is the journey and the cost ?

Is it possible to visit the longmen grottoes in the morning and take a late pm bus to beijing on the same day ?

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 12:19 AM
    • planning on visiting luoyang, shaolin

by uninet Online Now Nov 19, 2007 at 1:07 PM

I will be travelling by train to luoyang and shaolin temple from Beijing. Where would be the most convient place to stay? Would i be able to see both places in one day? Can you recremmend a good hostel or budget hotel here? I would like to leave here and train to xian. Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Nov 20, 2007 at 7:23 PM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

budget accomodations in LuoYang..

by guo_mei_xin Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 4:43 AM

Which is better, MingYuan Binguan or Luoyang Youth Hostel for the dormitory bed? I want the one that's accessible to restaurants, tranportations, etc. Or, any more suggestions for a hostel in Luoyang? I'll just stay here for 2 days one night, just want to see LongMen Caves and Shaolin Si

3 Answers Jun 5, 2007 at 4:53 AM
    • Local Tours

by tanby Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Will stopover in Luoyang, when travelling from Beijing to Xian.

Any VTers know of any local tour that covers Longmen Caves and Shaolin Temple in a day?

Is it necessary to stay overnight in Luoyang in order to cover both places mentioned?

Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 6:39 AM
    • Ramonq's Profile Photo

Is it worth a stopover?

by Ramonq Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 6:36 AM

I'm in Pingyao and heading my way to Shanghai.Is Luoyang worth a stopover from Pingyao? It appears that its main attraction is the Shaolin temple, but it's miles away from Luoyang town proper.

8 Answers Apr 9, 2006 at 11:39 PM
    • 2 weeks in China - Shanghai, Hangzhou, Luoyang, Shaolinsi

by ftho Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 4:08 AM

Making a 2 weeks tour in China begining from May 11 to May 25. Landing Shanghai, on to Hangzhou. The 3 places I yearn to visit in Henan Sheng are:
      Zhengzhou, Luoyang and Shaolinsi (Shaolin Temple). I am a Lone Ranger traveller. Can any member be kind enough to share some of your experience mainly on transportation, accommodation such as the best way to the 3 places in Henan Sheng by train, bus (other than by Air as I like to see the countryside during the ride by train or bus). The question I like to ask is: Is there a train or bus from either Shanghai or Hangzhou and where are the station?. Would appreciate member sharing some thoughts on accommodation.

28 Answers Apr 29, 2006 at 12:23 AM
    • ChuckG's Profile Photo

3 weeks in Luoyang

by ChuckG Online Now Jun 24, 2005 at 11:29 AM

Hi everyone, I will be in Luoyang for 3 weeks in July...any idea where i could rent an appartment per week ? I don't need too much luxury...but air conditioning would be nice !

Chuck

• yeikloen's Profile Photo

Louyang - Pingyao

by yeikloen Online Now Dec 3, 2003 at 3:17 AM

Hi Does anyone know if there are any bus or train from Luoyang to Pingyao? How much, how long is the journey, I know there is a bus from Luoyang to Taiyuan but does it passed Pingyao? Thanks. Cheers, Loen