Luoyang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• long distance bus from Beijing to Luoyang

by riddledmermaid Online Now 37 minutes ago

Does anyone know the bus schedule, length of trip and possibly the cost of a ticket from Beijing-Luoyang via long distance bus. Thank you

• Expats in Luoyang?

by taminicole Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Looking for expats living & working in Luoyang!

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • English translator for Chen Village

by Yudy186 Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I will be in Luoyang on Tuesday 7/23 and am trying to visit Chen Village (Chenjiaguo). The hotel can get me a driver, but he won't speak English. Any recommendations for an English-speaking guide/driver? Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    • JasonC35's Profile Photo

Japanese restaurant

by JasonC35 Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Is there any Japanese restaurant?

1 Answer Mar 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • Nailatourist's Profile Photo

Huashan tour

by Nailatourist Online Now Jun 24, 2011 at 8:23 AM

hello
      i will be both in Xian and Luoyang
      from which city should i go to Huashan?
      are there tours like a 4 hour tour for instance that i can book?
      where?
      thanks in advance
      naila

5 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    • xian to luoyang

by dinadimova Online Now May 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM

hi, I am in Xian for 2 days,I like to visit Shaolin temple and Luoyang.How I get there? Bus or a train? Is it one day OK to see the temple?How mach it`s cost the visit in Shaolin?Can I just visit for a day and come back to Xian?Is ther any fast way to GO? thank you..

3 Answers May 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    • Faala's Profile Photo

First time to Xian & Luoyang

by Faala Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I'm planning to visit Xian & Luoyang from Beijing.
      For Xian: How many days do I need to visit Terra Cotta Warriors, Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum, Xian City wall, Bell & Drum Tower, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Shaanxi History Museum, Mosleum Street, Great Mosque, and Mt.Huashan? Also, is Qianling Mausoleum worth visiting?
      For Luoyang: How many days do I need to visit Longmen Grottoes, Shaolin Temple and White Horse Temple?

I'll be arriving Beijing on 20th Oct'10 in late afternoon. Seems like most people travel to Xian by overnight train. Is it possible to get the night train to Xian on the same day when I arrive Beijing? Or can I book the train tickets overseas?
      What's the best way to travel from Xian to Luoyang? And also best way to travel from Luoyang back to Beijing? As I need to be back in Beijing on 27th Oct'10. Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 1, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    • train Shanghai to Luoyang

by annarm Online Now Jun 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Hi, I'd like to know about the train K738/735 from Shanghai to Luoyang. Is it a nice train, is it on time, and can one actually get some sleep in a soft sleeper with all those stops? Also, can I be assured of getting sleeper--there are four of us--if we buy the ticket in Shanghai 6/12 for a 6/15 departure? Thanks for the info.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Longmen Grottoes and Shaolin Temple--in 1 day

by SandiM Online Now May 22, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I realize that you should take about 2 days or more to explore this area, but my partner and I are short on time so we have 1 day to do this. We are arriving by train from Zhengzhou in the early morning, and want to take the late train from Luoyang to Beijing in the evening. Is taking a bus from Luoyang to Longmen and back, then another bus from Luoyang to Shaolin and back, the only option? Is there a bus service from Longmen -> Shaolin (or vice versa?). I really don't want to be stuck without return transportation! I am also willing to research the cost of hiring a driver and car for the day to hit both spots before sundown, but I need a website or referral for that (anybody?). And which should be first? Shaolin temple or Longmen? I am very serious about visitng both sites in 1 day. Thanks!

8 Answers May 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Getting into Luoyang

by stamporama Online Now Jun 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I'm looking into the prospect of visiting this city in April next year, and from what I've gathered it appears that China Eastern is the only airline that flies here directly from Beijing or Shanghai (where my plane from Manila arrives). However, I've also read quite a number of recent horror stories about this airline's service that makes me wary of riding it. Taking the bus or train sounds like a long and tiring proposition which I'd like to avoid.

Are there other alternatives that anyone might suggest? Is Chinese Eastern the only one available? Or would it be just as convenient to fly in at another city near Luoyang and travel overland from there?

Thanks for any reply.

3 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    • buses from luoyang to beijing

by kyhar Online Now Mar 17, 2008 at 11:15 PM

hi

anyone have info on buses from luoyang to beijing ? Where do they depart from,, what is the frequency and how long is the journey and the cost ?

Is it possible to visit the longmen grottoes in the morning and take a late pm bus to beijing on the same day ?

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 12:19 AM
    • planning on visiting luoyang, shaolin

by uninet Online Now Nov 19, 2007 at 1:07 PM

I will be travelling by train to luoyang and shaolin temple from Beijing. Where would be the most convient place to stay? Would i be able to see both places in one day? Can you recremmend a good hostel or budget hotel here? I would like to leave here and train to xian. Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Nov 20, 2007 at 7:23 PM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

budget accomodations in LuoYang..

by guo_mei_xin Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 4:43 AM

Which is better, MingYuan Binguan or Luoyang Youth Hostel for the dormitory bed? I want the one that's accessible to restaurants, tranportations, etc. Or, any more suggestions for a hostel in Luoyang? I'll just stay here for 2 days one night, just want to see LongMen Caves and Shaolin Si

3 Answers Jun 5, 2007 at 4:53 AM
    • Local Tours

by tanby Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Will stopover in Luoyang, when travelling from Beijing to Xian.

Any VTers know of any local tour that covers Longmen Caves and Shaolin Temple in a day?

Is it necessary to stay overnight in Luoyang in order to cover both places mentioned?

Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 6:39 AM
    • Ramonq's Profile Photo

Is it worth a stopover?

by Ramonq Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 6:36 AM

I'm in Pingyao and heading my way to Shanghai.Is Luoyang worth a stopover from Pingyao? It appears that its main attraction is the Shaolin temple, but it's miles away from Luoyang town proper.

8 Answers Apr 9, 2006 at 11:39 PM
    • 2 weeks in China - Shanghai, Hangzhou, Luoyang, Shaolinsi

by ftho Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 4:08 AM

Making a 2 weeks tour in China begining from May 11 to May 25. Landing Shanghai, on to Hangzhou. The 3 places I yearn to visit in Henan Sheng are:
      Zhengzhou, Luoyang and Shaolinsi (Shaolin Temple). I am a Lone Ranger traveller. Can any member be kind enough to share some of your experience mainly on transportation, accommodation such as the best way to the 3 places in Henan Sheng by train, bus (other than by Air as I like to see the countryside during the ride by train or bus). The question I like to ask is: Is there a train or bus from either Shanghai or Hangzhou and where are the station?. Would appreciate member sharing some thoughts on accommodation.

28 Answers Apr 29, 2006 at 12:23 AM
    • ChuckG's Profile Photo

3 weeks in Luoyang

by ChuckG Online Now Jun 24, 2005 at 11:29 AM

Hi everyone, I will be in Luoyang for 3 weeks in July...any idea where i could rent an appartment per week ? I don't need too much luxury...but air conditioning would be nice !

Chuck

• yeikloen's Profile Photo

Louyang - Pingyao

by yeikloen Online Now Dec 3, 2003 at 3:17 AM

Hi Does anyone know if there are any bus or train from Luoyang to Pingyao? How much, how long is the journey, I know there is a bus from Luoyang to Taiyuan but does it passed Pingyao? Thanks. Cheers, Loen