change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How is the weather like in July end to pack

Saint Moritz 3 hours ago

Hi,

We are going to stay at Pontresina for three nights. What kind of clothings we must consider to stay comfortable. We understand it could be cool. Kindly advice.

Best wishes. .

more
    • Pradeepmash's Profile Photo

Lucerne/Lauterbrunnen to Venice Overnight Train Travel

Switzerland Jul 1, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Hi all,

Can someone suggest me what is the best train option to go to Venice?
      Lucerne to Venice? or
      Lauterbrunnen to Venice?

I will be travelling on evening of Aug 22, 2015 and wish to arrive in Venice by next morning with least number of changes.

Can someone give me a detailed train plan (train times, station names, where to change trains etc.) and corresponding train prices. Also, link me the corresponding websites from where I can make the bookings.

Thanks in advance :)

more
    • Cable Car to Mt Pilatus

Pilatus Jun 24, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Hi, Is it advisable to go by cable car to Mt Pilatus with 18 month old toddler, we want to travel in August? Thanks.

more
    • Stalden Lift

Stalden Jun 19, 2015 at 6:10 AM

When is the lift between Stalden and Gspon open and how can I find the charges?

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

4 nights 3 days..

Lucerne Jun 10, 2015 at 1:48 AM

we are going to Lucerne for 4 nights in July . Please advise the best places to visit .. How we get the passes or ticket without a long Q. From were we can buy the tickets or passes??

more
    • Advise on booking tickets in advance for excursions.

Interlaken Jul 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM

we intend to travel to switzerland on 18/7/15 for 4 days and wish to visit mt. Titlis and Jungfrauouch, do we need to book these excursions in advance? your suggestions will be much appreciated.

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Which mountain to experience cable car,train andalso good view

Switzerland Jun 17, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hi again,
      First of all I have the mention that 'the more you search the more you mixed up'
      As I have written to the forums before, we want to experience scene of Alps with also different kind of transportation (cable car,train, etc) and we were thinking of Titlis or Pilatus mountains.
      But while searching internet which one to choose(as they are expensive excursions especially for our family of six persons) I have found a rating as below (From most preferred to less):

Mt. Rigi - www.rigi.ch -

- Stanserhorn - www.stanserhorn.ch -

- Klewenalp to Stockhütte - www.klewenalp.ch

- Mt. Pilatus - www.pilatus.ch

- Mt. Titlis - www.titlis.ch

Need help.Thanks :)

more

About mount pilatus cable car and train

Lucerne Jun 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Hi,
      We are 4adults and 2 children(ages below 16)
      We will be travelling to Lucern with motorhome and planning to go to Mount pilatus.
      I have searched a little bit in forums but could not be sure.
      One member is telling about gold tour covering cable car,train and boat.But it is a long tour about 9,5 hours about 116 € .
      Where can we get information about tours and prices?
      If we do it by ourselves will it be cheaper?
      And more important is where we can park our motorhome for free and safe?
      Thanks.

more

About mount pilatus cable car and train

Lucerne Jun 16, 2015 at 6:22 AM

Hi,
      We are 4adults and 2 children(ages below 16)
      We will be travelling to Lucern with motorhome and planning to go to Mount pilatus.
      I have searched a little bit in forums but could not be sure.
      One member is telling about gold tour covering cable car,train and boat.But it is a long tour about 9,5 hours about 116 € .
      Where can we get information about tours and prices?
      If we do it by ourselves will it be cheaper?
      And more important is where we can park our motorhome for free and safe?
      Thanks.

more
    • Visiting Pontresina for 3N/4D

Pontresina Jun 8, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Hi,

We are a couple of 62 years and we cannot walk much due to our health. As we are to visit Engadin area for holiday we preferred to stay at "Hotel Station" at Pontresina so tat we can easily board a train or bus to move around for sightseeing.

I seek your opinion if this can be worked out. We primarily wish to explore the scenic beauty of Engadin with maximum through train or bus and would like to get off where we feel interesting sight is. I shall be very thankful to have your comments to help make things smoother.

Thanks & best regards
      Atul K. Garg - India.

more
    • Can I see Mont Blanc from Geneva?

Geneva Jul 4, 2015 at 4:04 AM

I'm travelling to Switzerland for a month in September. I am hoping to see as many Mountains as possible on my trip. I get to spend a day in Geneva and I want very much to see Mont Blanc but I don't have time on the tour to do a separate day trip to Mont Blanc. Can you tell me if I can see Mont Blanc and where is the best place to see the mountain.
      Any replies would be wonderful. Thanks

more

Advice about which mountain tour to prefer?

Lucerne Jun 16, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Hi again,
      We want to make a ceable car tour in the Alps.
      We have found Titlis cable car in Engelberg and Pilatus golden tour in Lucerne.
      As we are 6 people, it would be quite expensive to make both of them.
      We would like to hear your advices about prefering one to the other.
      Which one is more interesting?
      Thanks a lot

more
    • Can I make an 11 minute transfer?

Geneva Jun 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM

I am traveling from Florence to Paris and the shortest option is through Geneva - but the transfer is only 11 minutes. I am not familiar with this train station. Is that enough time to transfer onto the high-speed train?

more
    • day trip to Mt.Pilatus from Luzern

Lucerne Jun 8, 2015 at 9:10 PM

I plan to go from Milan to Lucerne. and take a side trip to pilatus . I would like to buy tickets ahead but need to know the following:

1. How much time do I need at Pilatus Krum? Is 2 hours enough up in the mountain? I plan to go early at around 9:30 in the morning and back to Lucerne for some sight seeing in the aftenoon. We just want to see the Swiss Alps and experience the clean air. Is 2 hours enough up in the mountain?

2. So what is there to see up in Pilatus?

3. Do I need to buy the ticket ( return) ahead of time? I plan to choose the bus, gondola and cogwheel option so i experience all of these forms of transportation. However, the sbb website does not let me buy ahead of time ( travelling in OCtober) Please tell me how far ahead can I do it.

4. Will I get lost transferring from one mode of transport to another- meaning will there be clear signs directing me ? I am a senior and is the first time going to Switzerland and taking trains.

5. Please help with identifying which train etc to board so that i will not get lost- ( sometimes the train states the last station , not the one i want to get off)

6. last question- how cold is it in early OCt. up the mountain.? what kind of clothing is needed?

Thank you for you help.

more
    • Restaurants: Switzerland vs. America

Switzerland Jul 1, 2015 at 2:16 PM

How do you think the restaurant experience in Switzerland is different than in America?

more
    • Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen Jun 8, 2015 at 1:42 AM

Hi - We are going to be in Lauterbrunnen from 4 - 9 July, 2015. Can you suggest what sort of winter clothing we should bring with us, especially as we are hoping to go up the mountains surrounding Lauterbrunnen?

Many thanks
      Enzo

more
    • Suggestions for 6 nights stay

Switzerland Jun 20, 2015 at 7:56 AM

Hi all,

We are planning for a trip to Switzerland for the first time in early September.
      Our flight from Australia will take us to Geneva.
      My wife would like to visit Annecy the next day.
      Then we are thinking of doing a 4 days 3 nights tour from Geneva to Zurich.
      Does this tour look good?
      Zurich - Lucerne - Golden Pass - Interlaken - Jungfraujoch - Golden Pass - Montreux - Geneva (or vice versa)
      swissvacations.com/pages/en/...

We will spend 1 night in Zurich then continue our travel to Milan and Venice by train.

Does our itinerary look reasonable?

Thank you.

more