Lund

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kungsleden trail between May 18th to May 24th, 2014

Abisko Nationalpark 4 hours ago

My wife and I are experienced backpacker. We are planning a week long backpacking trip to hike Kungsleden trail between the north section of Abisko and Nikkaluokta. The time should be around May 18, 2014 to May 24. We will carry all the camping gears.

I know the transportation could be a problem during that time. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the following questions.

1. I heard there won’t be bus between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta at that time. If our hike finishes at Nikkaluokta, is there a way we can get back to Kiruna Airport?

2. Is there any bus between Kiruna and Abisko during that time? Schedule?

3. Is there any taxi between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta? How about the cost?

4. Do you think if it makes sense to ride a taxi from Kiruna to Nikkaluokta, then hike north to Abisko, then ride a bus (see question #2) to Kiruna airport?

5. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, what will be the condition during that time.

6. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, I assume I have to bring microspike as the hut will be closed at that time and I won't be able to rent crampon? Are snowshoes necessary?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your help.

more
    • Hiring boats

Gnesta 18 hours ago

Can we hire boats for use on the lake, perhaps for a week?

more
    • Boras eat sleep going out.

Borås Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Goodmorning
      We are going to walk the Linnemarschen in preperation of the fourdaysmarch in Nijmegen (thats were i live)

In our free time we want to explore Boras.
      So I have a few questions.

1 where can we go out in de evening. (dancing)
      2 where we can eat Swedisch food.
      3 where can we sleep on Sunday for a reasonable price? or is it better to leave the city

on Saterday and go to Gotenburg.
      We have hard floor acomadadion in a sports hall on friday and saterday.

4 we have Saterday afternoon time to explore boras.

We have not much time but we want to get a taste of Boras in that time
      All Tips are welcome.

Greetings Richard

more
    • Are there day trails in Abisko National Park

Abisko Nationalpark Apr 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I am going to Sweden in July this year and unfortunately don't have time to walk the whole Kungsleden walk. It sounds an amazing area though so would like to go there for at least 2 or 3 days. Are there any day walks in the park that give a good idea of the character/flora/fauna that make a long train trip from Stockholm worthwhile?

more
    • Racism problems for traveler

Sweden Apr 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Hi
      I'm from UAE, Abudhabi
      I like traveling and meet new friends from the world
      My question is about problems which might Arab tourist face in Sweden. since
      Unfortunately, I read in some of the Tourism Forums that in some cities, such as Malmo and Stockholm Sweden, there are some Arab immigrants or dark-skinned who they cause problems, So they are hated by the local population.
      For the same reason two years ago, I faced problems of racism in Germany when I went there for Tourism and some have thought that I'm from the Kurdish population, who live in Berlin and have a bad reputation.
      So, is there big cities in sweden that have a small percentage of immigrants and racism are nonexistent and where residents are friendly and like to socialize with the tourists?

more
    • Need a help to find a store

Stockholm Apr 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Dear all who live in Södermalm! I'm trying to find one interior/home stuff shop which locates in Folkungagatan (as I remember after my last visit of Stockholm last year). It occupies a corner of the building and the right side of the street if you go from Götgatan.They sell a lot of things (pots, lamps, glass heads and etc).

What's the name of the shop?

more
    • Archipelago Cruise

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Please recommend cruise. Open to lunch/brunch or day cruise. Possibly Drottningholm Palace?

more
    • First Day Itinerary

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We will be landing at ARN around noon and then will check in at the Courtyard Marriott, Stockholm. What will be a realistic itinerary for the afternoon? Among the sights that we want to see in Stockholm are VASA museum, City Hall, Nobel Museum, Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace.

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Safe area ??

Stockholm Mar 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM

During our trip (JUne) to Sweden we intend to stay a couple of nights outside Stockholm (Hägersten) for visiting the city itself by train/metro. The nearest station to our hotel would be Västertorp. Is this area safe to walk back early evening to our hotel, which will take about 10 minutes ??

more
    • Early breakfast?

Uppsala Apr 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM

How early do restaurants open for breakfast during the week? Are there any good breakfast recommendations that open before 7AM?

Thank you!

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Railway/metro tickets

Stockholm Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Intending to travel to/from railway "Västertorp T-bana" to/from Stockholm city.
      - what would be the best/affordable ticket ??
      - can we buy tickets at Västertorp T-bana ??

more
    • Accomodation

by Witty64 Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Hello all,

Moving to Lund for 6 months from start of October to work for ST-Ericsson.
      Looking for a one or two bedroom apartment.

Any help would be fantastic as it's proving a lot harder than I anticipated.

07800 651270

Brian.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    • Icelandic horse rides?

by rpm1960 Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hello! I saw a post some time ago about a place to go near Lund where it was possible to ride Icelandic horses. Does anyone know about this? Thanks for any suggestions/info -- we'd like to do something fun outdoors for the kids while the rain has ceased for a few days! And they are tired of churches/castles/museums... which I could enjoy forever.

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    • 2 Questions!

by davidcolpey Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I am new to lund! I have just moved here - i will be here for 6 months! Slight problem i have no accommodation!

Thus if anyone has a spare room that would be great!

But my main question is:

Tomorrow Liverpool play Arsenal in the English Premier League, i was wondering are there bars or pubs that will show english premiership matches.

I am currently staying at the train hostel!

Thanks,

David

3 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    • Public parking near Lundagard

by kboardmoran Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Where is it safe to park our rental car for a couple hours near Lundagard?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    • Driving in Lund

by slraven3 Online Now Jun 20, 2008 at 5:33 AM

Hi there

I will be visiting Skåne in August, catching Lund along the way. I am advised that it is diffult, or probably best not to drive into Lund but instead find somewhere to park outside and take the train in the city centre.

Can someone give me some advice on this ? Is this the case and if so where it the best place to park in order to take the train ? (I will be travelling down on the main highway E22 from Kristianstad).

Thanks in advance to everyone.

2 Answers May 6, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    • Train Hostel

by smk84 Online Now Aug 1, 2007 at 7:15 PM

I would like to ask if there are any cabinets for tourists to safeguard their important belongings.

Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 5, 2007 at 2:20 PM
    • how to get to helsingborb

by ukdiane Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 3:04 AM

I am arriving in sweden this month to visit my son in helsingborg.i arrive in malmo at 9.30 in the morning,ive been advised to head to lund by shutttle bus,i would like to know what the train service ot helsingborg is like,is there a straight forward train to get there?and do they run frequently?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2007 at 4:58 AM
    • jeannie55's Profile Photo

Shopping for gift basket

by jeannie55 Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 12:39 PM

My husband is presently on assignment in Lund for 6 months. Are there any on-line stores/websites where I can order a food- type gift basket to be sent to him at his apartment? I have tried looling on-line but I all I keep coming upwith are international floral deliveries...any help would be appreciated - my anniverary is this week - the first we have spent apart in 31 years!
      Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 14, 2007 at 7:30 AM
    • Looking for an apartment

by Pobe Online Now Jan 13, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Hello there,

My friend and I are going to go study at university of Lund next september. We are looking for any kind of accommodations.

Thank you

Antoine
      antoinele.bel@hotmail.com

1 Answer Jan 14, 2007 at 6:41 AM
    • Day trips and weekends out of Lund

by wen76 Online Now Sep 12, 2006 at 1:33 AM

My husband will be posted to Lund for about 2 weeks in mid October, and I'm contemplating whether to visit. We have 2 weekends and have never been to Scandinavia before - can anyone suggest trips to nearby places that are easily accessible by train or bus? Being city folks we're more into countryside where we can do some easy walks, history and architecture. Any suggestions on day trips would also be great for the weekdays when he's working. Many thanks.

5 Answers Sep 18, 2006 at 1:13 AM
    • Need information to rent a car

by macro888888 Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 12:47 PM

Would some body tell me where to rent a car by cheap price in Lund?Thank you so much.

6 Answers Aug 14, 2006 at 1:02 PM
    • want to buy a fishing rod

by macro888888 Online Now Jul 11, 2006 at 1:21 AM

Does any body know where ths shop is in Lund or in Malmo?Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Answer Jul 11, 2006 at 11:01 PM
    • pinoo's Profile Photo

looking for apartment in Lund

by pinoo Online Now Jun 9, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Hello Friends,

Hope you all must be doing good.
      I am moving to LUND for couple of months and will need a apartment on rent.
      Please let me know how to start my search for the same. Any sites ?

Thanks
      Pinoo

• macro8888's Profile Photo

Go to Egypt

by macro8888 Online Now Nov 5, 2005 at 3:45 PM

Is there anyone who has been in Egypt?Would you tell me which air ticket is the lowest price?And which company?

4 Answers Nov 9, 2005 at 1:53 PM
    • rpm60's Profile Photo

pickled herring restaurant?

by rpm60 Online Now Aug 6, 2005 at 9:27 AM

I've just realized that we have yet to try any of this famous Swedish dish! Can anyone recommend a Lund restaurant to get some decent traditional dishes such as this? I'd like to learn how to make this meringue-type cake someone served me (i forgot the name)and would appreciate any pointers (for a recipe website or your own recipe!) My kids come back from Lysekil camp Sunday, then a day for laundry and packing and then we say goodbye to 2 months in Sweden. There's so much more I wanted to do! "I'll be back"- as the governor from my state often tells Hollywood!

3 Answers Aug 8, 2005 at 5:17 AM
    • rpm60's Profile Photo

visiting family

by rpm60 Online Now Mar 4, 2005 at 1:22 PM

Hi! My family will be visitng Lund from mid-June to mid-July. 4 kids from 14 down to 4 years old. I've looked at your recommendations and they all look fascinating -- to ME! Are there things that can keep my kids captivated while we are there and not miss their friends at home too much? The runes will be cool. I'm hoping to find music lessons, swimming, learning swedish language, food, culture, etc. during the week. On the weekends when my husband does not have to work we hope to see other parts of europe...a trip to the arctic circle and seeing some icebergs would be unique! And of course travelling across the bridge to Copenhagen and seeing the mermaid! As you can see, we are not really interested in night life and shopping. We have never been to this part of the world and I'd like to make it 4 exciting and memorable weeks for my kids...who are busy complaining about having to go! Many Thanks!

4 Answers May 29, 2005 at 7:34 PM
    • Nightlife in Lund

by zentravellereu Online Now Nov 9, 2004 at 9:25 PM

Just curious. What's the nightlife in Lund? Is it basically all centered around the nations, or are there regular discos/pubs that people (students and non-students) frequent? Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 10, 2004 at 6:27 AM
    • How to travel from North Germany to Lund?

by Ajaree Online Now May 13, 2004 at 4:09 AM

If anyone, would recommend me with the choices of transportation from North of Germany (ie. Lubeck, Hamburg) to Lund? How's about the Ferry? Which website I should search for? Thanks, Aj

6 Answers May 17, 2004 at 8:20 AM
    • rp6686's Profile Photo

Lund - May 31st - June 4th

by rp6686 Online Now May 20, 2003 at 1:51 PM

Hello, I'll be in Lund on May 31st, June 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Any special advices from anybody? Anybody want to have a nice warm cup of coffee anywhere? Cheers... RP

5 Answers May 23, 2003 at 5:45 AM