Lund Travel Answers

change location

Icelandic horse rides?

by rpm1960 Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hello! I saw a post some time ago about a place to go near Lund where it was possible to ride Icelandic horses. Does anyone know about this? Thanks for any suggestions/info -- we'd like to do something fun outdoors for the kids while the rain has ceased for a few days! And they are tired of churches/castles/museums... which I could enjoy forever.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Icelandic horse rides?

by Sjalen Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 5:16 AM

If you are still there, try Slepnirs Ängar which have rides up on the Romeleåsen ridge nearby Lund. Call Marie 0736-919790 eller Karin 0707-656066.

Otherwise there are quite a few on the East coast north of Simrishamn as well as north of Helsinborg and in the deep forests north of Hässleholm.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Icelandic horse rides?

by rpm1960 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Gratis, Sjalen -- I did not see this answer until today (2014!!) My apologies for not responding or thanking you earlier. Fortunately, this year I will be in Lund again the last week of May and first week of June, and I will look up your tip. I won't have a car, but hopefully I can manage to keep myself and my 13 year old daughter amused!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 12:02 AM

No problem. There are also Haflingers on the Söderåsen ridge if you drive. Great people and horses in nice scenery! http://www.turridning.se/

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 12:04 AM

No problem. There are also Haflingers on the Söderåsen ridge if you drive. Great people and horses in nice scenery! http://www.turridning.se/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines