Lund

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Easiest way to travel from Helsingborg to Osby, Sweden

Sweden Mar 26, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Hello, I am planning to study in this particular school in Sweden, http://ekbackeskolan.nu/, and I want to know if there are any places to stay in Helsingborg that have reasonable prices. I was supposed to stay in Osby, but I believe that Helsingborg has more things to offer, I don't mind the travel time as long as my place is relatively close to Osby.

more
    • AnnieLouisa's Profile Photo

public transportation

Eksjö Mar 25, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Some of my ancesters were from Eksjo, Hult and Ingatorp in the 18th and 19th centuries. I will be spending 4 days in Eksjo in the spring. Is the bus transportation adequate for getting to and from Hult and ingatorp in a day for my exploration? It appears to be a rural area so not sure if the bus is regular and reliable. I'd rather not rent a car.

more
    • Abisko to Nikkaluokta, still snowy in early april?

Abisko Nationalpark Mar 13, 2015 at 2:08 AM

Is Abisko national park, still snowy in late march - early april?

more
    • gattu_31's Profile Photo

Places to c around

Helsingborg Mar 23, 2015 at 12:46 AM

I would be visiting Helsingborg in the month of august or September 2015. Could someone help me by giving information about what all places can I see or should I see. I am coming this side of globe for the first time.

more
    • AnnieLouisa's Profile Photo

bike trails

Umeå Mar 25, 2015 at 2:45 PM

I will be spending 3 days in Umea in the spring as some of my ancesters were from there. One of them was born in Umea and her mother was born in Boggbole. I see there is a bike path that connects Umea to Boggbole and Boggbole Manor through the woods? I'm traveling alone and although born in the country, I never felt comfortable in the woods by myself…nuts perhaps. Is this area safe? Is there a bus that goes there in the summer? Would a taxi be wiser? I will not have a cell phone with me. There are ruins of an old sawmill in which my Gr…grandfather worked that I would like to explore also. Any knowledge of this area or suggestions? Norlin and Linstrom were a couple of the names. Is there an old cemetery in the area also (LOL)?

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Want to see a moose

Stockholm Mar 25, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Australian that loves animals wants to see a moose!
      Done lots of research Skansen or gardsjo ( moose park) I am staying in sodermalm, I
      Early July...any tours someone can hell me with?

more
    • Ramonribas's Profile Photo

A couple and our daughter 18 years old (3 people) visiting Stockholm and sorroundings

Stockholm Mar 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Hi friends,
      We are a couple 50 years old from Barcelona (Spain) visiting Sweden next August 2015. We are planning to spend 7-8 nights. Our daughter 18 years old finally decided to join us. We would like to make a visit to Stockholm (3/4 days) and also visit another place/s not too far (Visby maybe?). We know all te "must" places to visit in Stockholm but where we can go the other 4 days? We are planning to rent a car.

more
    • Decent place to rent in Osby, Sweden

Sweden Mar 15, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Hi there, I accepted an offer at this school, Ekbacke IT School (you can find their info here - ekbackeskolan.nu/vara-utbild... Osby, Sweden. I'm a foreigner of the said place and I wanted to know any good place to rent there for a while. Usually how much is the average monthly rent cost in Osby, Sweden and what are the things I need to know before i sign contracts (as i'm unsure if the setup is different from that one I'm usually accustomed with). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Osby / Ekbackeskolan

Sweden Mar 4, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Hello everybody! My husband got a job in a little town Osby in Skane southern Sweden. For me (without prior knowledge to Swedish language) it's most likely impossible to find any decent job, so I was thinking of going to study instead. I googled a bit but so far the only school I found was this one http://ekbackeskolan.nu/  which apparently doesn't offer any courses in English so it's out of question for me. Are there any other opportunities in the town or the near area ? I thank you a lot for your time !

more
    • Help - Tour destinations and what to do in Laxån, Sweden

Sweden Mar 17, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Hi there, I'm taking a short vacation in Sweden and I'd like to know if any of you are familiar with the small village called Laxan? I saw few references like this link (http://laxon.se/) but there isn't much information about the place and apart from it, it's way too confusing. There's Laxon, Laxa, Laxan. In spite of this, I've read great reviews about it's nature abundant place. In any case, any ideas where I can tour around and get great photo shots (scenary, flying hobbies, etc)? What hotel is recommended there and what food, etc. Any suggestions would be a great help.

more
    • in903226's Profile Photo

Hunting license

Sweden Mar 17, 2015 at 7:01 PM

How do foreigner get their own hunting license?
      And where can their get program about hunting?

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Elderly Couple Visiting for first time

Stockholm Mar 9, 2015 at 6:54 AM

My wife and I are planning to visit from Scotland for a short break in July. We are not late nighters and we are looking for a hotel which serves dinner as well as breakfast. Or a hotel with a number of medium priced restaurants nearby. Also a location which gives easy access to Hop On Hop Off buses/boats/tourist attractions. Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • ErikaM6's Profile Photo

I would like to do a trip to SWEDEN :D!

Sweden Mar 10, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Hi everyone! I would like to know what places you recommend me to visit in Sweden where they show me their culture.
      I will thank you for your information...

more
    • Moskitos on trails

Abisko Nationalpark Mar 9, 2015 at 10:43 AM

When is the best date to leave on the trail given that you walk 28 days and you want to avoid moskitos and snow?

more
    • Apartment to rent for a month 8/5/13

by mendolynne Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM

My daughter is moving to Lund to work in a Montessori school there. I'll be flying over with her and staying for a month. Has anyone any suggestions on the most affordable place for the two of us to stay? We'd prefer some place in Lund, because we'd really like to walk everywhere. But if that's cost prohibitive, I'd of course appreciate any suggestions.

1 Answer Apr 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    • house swap possibilities northern california coastal home - Lund

by mendolynne Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Am planning on being in Lund, Sweden for several months with my daughter and wondered if anyone was interested in a house swap for that period of time (possibly around September 2013 or later). My home is a lovely two bedroom, two bath with a garden of berries, apples, vegetables, flowers and lots of rhododendron. Ten minutes from town, but country-like setting a mile from the ocean.

9 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM