Lund Travel Answers

change location

house swap possibilities northern california coastal home - Lund

by mendolynne Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Am planning on being in Lund, Sweden for several months with my daughter and wondered if anyone was interested in a house swap for that period of time (possibly around September 2013 or later). My home is a lovely two bedroom, two bath with a garden of berries, apples, vegetables, flowers and lots of rhododendron. Ten minutes from town, but country-like setting a mile from the ocean.

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • margsch's Profile Photo

Re: house swap possibilities northern california coastal home - Lund

by margsch Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I strongly suggest you join a Home Exchange agency such as Homelink, they have a website and you can register as a visitor and look at what is available. They will send you a password and you can look as much as you like for free. Joining costsA250 per year but you are issued with a more detailed descrption of each property and contact details, there is no other cost, it is up to you to contact a place you are intersted in .
    Just logging on as a visitor will show photos of the homes available and what people are offering, eg nonsmokers only, car exchange offered, pet care required or offered, whether children allowed, how many the home sleeps. I often look at it as have read very positive reports and once I have retired will try this myself as I find accommodation my biggest expense. I will be looking at Germany.
    I would find doing it "cold" as you suggest very risky. If you look at Homelink the occupation of the exchangers is shown and they are mostly professional people or retired. I have a password so will have a look on there and get back to you - but do apply for the "visitor" password, who knows, you might end up doing lots of exchanges as I,m sure California would be a desirable holiday destination.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by margsch Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Have just had a look and while there are none in Lund, there are 19 exchangers in Stockholm, 63km away, about 40 miles, wanting USA, many specifying California.

by margsch Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 3:17 AM

we had an interesting article in the newspaper about this very topic, a couple in England wanted to visit Perth here in Australia as their daughter lives there but they didn,t want to be "in her hair" 24/7. They found a single lady to swap with and have done an annual exchange with her every year since.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 6:00 AM

u can also check homeexchange.com

http://www.homeexchange.com/

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Sorry, but I don't know anything about house swaping, but just wanted to say that Stockholm is not 63km from Lund, but over 600km away. Margaret, maybe you red the distance on that web page. In Sweden we often talk about distance in Swedish miles (mil) and 1 mil is 10km. Maybe someone had made a mistake and wrote the wrong unit.

by margsch Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM

That is strange as I looked up directions on google maps.

by margsch Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I spelt Stockholm incorrectly that,s why my map was odd! Soory guys, but still look at the Swedish map and see if there are other towns near Lund that might fit the bill.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM

That explains it:)

• Muscovite's Profile Photo

by Muscovite Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM

You can try HomeforExchange or HomeLink, too.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines