Lugano

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Buses between Menaggio and Lugano

by Usernameisnotavailab Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I hope to travel from Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy to Lugano May 2014. My intention is to travel by bus. While I am aware there are buses between these destinations, I am not sure which bus service does the trips to and from Italy or where in Menaggio or Lugano the buses arrive and depart from.
      Could someone help with this information and the cost for a round trip please?
      Thank you in advance of your help.
      Judith

more
    • maxwellmanning@hotmail.com

by maxmanning Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM

3 adults travelling by bus to menaggio do they allow cases

more
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Lugano and William Tell Express

by nomad7890 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 6:03 AM

We have three nights in Lugano in mid-May. I had planned two days of walks and maybe a little sailing, but then noticed the William Tell Express. Would it be worth it to spend one day doing the WT as a round trip - or are the views in Lugano somewhat representative of the rest of the trip? We will be coming from Milan.
      Any extra comments or Lugano tips welcome. ps. we are not nightclubbers.

Thanks

more
    • Buses between Menaggio and Lugano

by Usernameisnotavailab Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I hope to travel from Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy to Lugano May 2014. My intention is to travel by bus. While I am aware there are buses between these destinations, I am not sure which bus service does the trips to and from Italy or where in Menaggio or Lugano the buses arrive and depart from.
      Could someone help with this information and the cost for a round trip please?
      Thank you in advance of your help.
      Judith

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • maxwellmanning@hotmail.com

by maxmanning Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM

3 adults travelling by bus to menaggio do they allow cases

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Lugano and William Tell Express

by nomad7890 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 6:03 AM

We have three nights in Lugano in mid-May. I had planned two days of walks and maybe a little sailing, but then noticed the William Tell Express. Would it be worth it to spend one day doing the WT as a round trip - or are the views in Lugano somewhat representative of the rest of the trip? We will be coming from Milan.
      Any extra comments or Lugano tips welcome. ps. we are not nightclubbers.

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • Lugano on a Sunday in May

by nilsastettler Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM

We are 3 women freinds meeting after 7 years apart. Arrive sunday mid-morning by train and leave monday afternoon. On a budget for hotel and don't like hughe business like hotels but would like breakfast on Monday. Spa life makes talking and sharing hard so that's out. Brunch in a lovely Restaurant on Sunday is a must. With nice weather the Park Civico or Mont Bre? Boat ride? Any Museums open on Sunday? We are all different when it comes to sport levels so hiking is out. Shopping on Monday what else?
      Any suggestions on hotels, activities etc?

1 Answer Mar 21, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • Lugano or zurich

by Nidhiarpit Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Going from st.moritz to Venice should I stay at Zurich or Lugano?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    • Lugano or zurich

by Nidhiarpit Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Going from st.moritz to Venice should I stay at Zurich or Lugano?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    • Activities in lugano

by Senyor Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Hi
      What activities I could do in lugano &
      Is there any sky diving or bungee jump places that I could go too?

3 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • 3 days to spend in Lugano

by hptraveller Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 6:52 AM

We are visiting Lugano for 3 days from August 5th 2013.We like cycling and sailing and some walking & art or museums but also want to rest & read books etc. Could you suggest an itinerary? Can we hire bikes & a sailing boat on the lake? We are staying in Lugano itself.
      Many thanks
      HP

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • What is the best (nicest) driving route from Flims, Switzerland to Lugano?

by Michalisr Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hi,
      I will be in Flims at the end of july and will drive from there to Lugano. I would like to hear your opinion and know what is the nicest driving route that I should use?

Thanks=)

4 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • maria_hz's Profile Photo

Best connection between Milan (Malpensa) and Lugano?

by maria_hz Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Going to Lugano in June, and the best option seems a flight into Milan/Malpensa. Now I am wondering about the best way to get from the airport to Lugano, and back again. Are there any buses or trains that operate between the airport and Lugano? How about prices? Can I buy tickets in advance? Websites in English?
      Thanks a million in advance!

9 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • omaralonsouy's Profile Photo

Day trip to Lugano

by omaralonsouy Online Now Oct 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Hello all,

I will visit Lugano on 29 October (monday), from 10 am to 7 pm. Will be traveling by train from Milan. Would like some advice on things to do in the city and surroundings. Unfortunately I noticed that the Bernina Express Rail Tour is not available on mondays. Is there another tour I can make in order to see nice mountain views?
      Best,
      Omar

4 Answers Oct 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    • Speciality

by kkcandle Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Could someone tell me what's the speciality of Lugano please?
      kkcandle

3 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Flea Market in Lugano

by kkcandle Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Could someone tell me is there any interesting flea market in Lugano please?
      I know the Luino flea market is on Wednesday but our visit will be from Friday to Sunday, leaving Monday, therefore I would really appreciate if someone could tell me where to visit the flea market.
      kkcandle

2 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • angela6571's Profile Photo

Horseback Riding in Lugano??

by angela6571 Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM

One of my travel companions is looking to do some horseback riding while we are in Switzerland. Does anyone know if there are any outfitters in Lugano?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    • Best way from lugano to brig ?

by Naamanm Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Dear sirs
      On May 3 , my wife & me are expected to be in Lugano,
      We need to get some time after noon (night) to Brig to sleep over the night, in order to get in the morning (May 4 - 10:18 am) on the Glacer Expres, heading towrd Chur.
      We have no car, so I' d like to get your deatailed advice about the best & fast way to get from Lugano to Brig ?!
      Thanks in advance
      Meir Naaman

2 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 5:19 AM
    • visa

by seeingnewplaces Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I would like to visit today April 1 2012 do I need a visa?

2 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 3:12 AM
    • visa

by seeingnewplaces Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I would like to visit today April 1 2012 do I need a visa?

1 Answer Apr 1, 2012 at 3:11 AM
    • swisstone's Profile Photo

Currency

by swisstone Online Now Oct 7, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Hi,
      I am visiting Italy next week and there is an included day trip to Lugano.
      My question is should I get some swiss francs? Or do the Restaurants/cafes/shops accept euros? For just a single day trip I really do not know how much I would need? (Or if not to bother if they accept euros?)
      I would only need to buy lunch and a couple of beers/coffees!
      Any advice greatly accepted.

Thanks,
      Tony

4 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    • transport ot san mamete valsoda

by renafairbrother Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM

does anyone know how i get from lugano to San mamete by bus please

thanks

R

2 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    • Reply please

by sunildalal Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Is international Baggage allowed in trains or planes at lugano ?

1 Answer Feb 23, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    • Toilets in Bus Operating from Malpensa-Lugano v.v.

by liebepoli Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Hi,

I will be traveling with my 4 years old daughter from Malpensa to Lugano, therefore, I would like to ask, whether there are toilets in the buses operating from Malpensa to Lugano? If yes, are the toilets usable?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 16, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    • travel from Lugano to Interlaken, Luzern, Zurich & back

by shantanu.roy Online Now Nov 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Hi,

I will be travelling with my wife and kid from Lugano to Interlaken, stay there for 2 nights and then travel to Luzern, stay there for 2 nights, proceed to Zurich & Schaffhausen and return back to Lugano. I wish to know if it makes sense to rent a car or travel by train across Switzerland to visit these places. Please advise if it is safe to travel by car and are the roads very steep and dangerous.

13 Answers Nov 12, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    • Things to do in lugano

by sbmmava Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 4:58 AM

Hello all,

What are the things to do in Lugano and surroundings in a day? After we get out from train, can we walk to all the places or do we have to take some other kinds of transportation? also do any of you know how much all the attractions costs in Lugano area?
      I happened notice Rail tour on the web yesterday, have any one of you taken Bernina Express Rail Tour to the Swiss Alps from Milan. It is kind of Pricey 160 dollars/person. They take you to St. Moritz Resort at the end.
      We want to go to switzerland from Milan for a day, do you guys recommend Lugano area? or this train trip?
      Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    • Day Trips from Lugano ?

by sbmmava Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Hello everyone,
      Are there are any organized day trips from Lugano to Jungfrau/lucerine region?
      Please share any info you have. We will have one or two days in Milan-italy , we would like to see one part of switzerland especially interlaken or lucerine area.
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jul 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    • Lugano to Menaggio Italy by bus.

by dculpepper Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Hello. We are staying at the Hotel Walter au lac at Piazza Rezzonico 7 while in Lugano. We then take the bus from Lugano to Menaggio. What is the best way from 6 adults to get from the hotel to the Lugano to Menaggio bus station? Thanks, Dana

4 Answers Jul 14, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    • Lugano to Interlaken

by NODOMU Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 6:30 AM

My husband and I were planning to travel in early September from Lugano to Lucerne via train. We would be picking up a car rental in Lucerne. I am now wondering if we should pick up the car in Lugano and drive to the Interlaken area which we want to visit. (and not go to Lucerne. However, when I googled the map route, it appears that 99km are on an autobaun and 44 km seems to be a very twisty road. Has anyone done this trip and if so, how bad/good is it? Thanks for any suggestions!

2 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    • Beaches in Lugano

by Kir1304 Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Hi!
      Could you help me?
      do you know any beaches in Lugano? Somethere I can get on foot from main train station of Lugano or go by bus (not far than 20 minutes by bus).
      Thank you!

1 Answer Jul 4, 2010 at 12:19 AM
    • Clockroom at Lugano train station

by Kir1304 Online Now Jun 23, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hi!

Could you help me!

I need to leave my bags at train station in Lugano for few hours. I think they have clockroom there? Am I right?
      Do you know the price (rates) of this clockroom service in Lugano?

Thank you!

3 Answers Jun 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    • train from Lugano to venice

by jkbansal Online Now May 31, 2010 at 1:18 AM

I with my family wish to go to Venice from Lugano. How do i go the economical way?
      Will be spending a day in Lugano.places to visit?

1 Answer May 31, 2010 at 2:08 AM
    • MATALON's Profile Photo

TPL - to Hotel

by MATALON Online Now May 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM

We shall arrive to Lugano by bus from Malpensa ( Star )which is probably located on Saint way Gottardo 32 at the end of the train parking.
      Will it be possible to move with luggage to the TPL top station in order to reach the Albergo Acquarello hotel ?? As by E - map it seems very close ??
      Can we use the TPL with luggage ??
      Thanks for the reply