Lugano Travel Answers

change location

Best way from lugano to brig ?

by Naamanm Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Dear sirs
On May 3 , my wife & me are expected to be in Lugano,
We need to get some time after noon (night) to Brig to sleep over the night, in order to get in the morning (May 4 - 10:18 am) on the Glacer Expres, heading towrd Chur.
We have no car, so I' d like to get your deatailed advice about the best & fast way to get from Lugano to Brig ?!
Thanks in advance
Meir Naaman

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Best way from lugano to brig ?

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The way to get from A to B by public transport in Switzerland, for any A or B, can always be found on www.sbb.ch.

There are several possibilities. One of them has you take part of the Glacier Express route...
    But my suggestion would be to take the train to Locarno - Domodossola. That way you get to do the Centovalli line, which is quite scenic. If you are travelling on a Swiss Pass this route is included (even though it does pass via Italy).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Re: Best way from lugano to brig ?

by travelfrosch Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Generally, the quickest way by train from Lugano to Brig is to take the route KVB indicated. Take a local train to Giubiasco, change to a train (traveling in the opposite direction) towards Locarno. From Locarno, take the Centovalli Railway to Domodossola, finally changing for a northbound train to Brig. Despite this route going through Italy, it is entirely covered by Swisspass.

To get detailed timetable information, either visit sbb.ch, or inquire at the SBB travel office at the Lugano train station.

Hope this helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines