Lübeck Travel Answers

change location

Church concerts in Lübeck?

by VikingCrown Online Now Oct 16, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Hi fellows,

I am planning to go to Lübeck for a weekend in either November or December (for the Christmas Market).

While I am there I would like to attend a classical concert of some sort (preferable a certain Mozart mass). I had hoped to go to a church concert, but a regular venue will also do.

Can anyone help me with the calendar of events for various church concerts (or other venues) in Lübeck?
I can't seem to find much specific info on the net.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MikeBird's Profile Photo

Re: Church concerts in Lübeck?

by MikeBird Online Now Oct 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

When my wife and I visited Lubeck in August 2008 we went to an organ recital in one of the many churches in the city. It was one of many short concerts throughout the season. I seem to recall that the organist was a Music student from the University in Lubeck. She was excellent.

I've noticed that there is a Christmas market in November and December and like you have not been able to find other websites with full details but it seemed to me that Lubeck is, rightly, well geared up for tourists and visitors because it is a very attractive and interesting city. This makes me think that it will be quite likely there would be more concerts particularly whilst the Christmas markets are on.

Hope you have a great time,
    regards,
    Mike

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines