Luderitz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Aerial tour of Namibia Dunes

Namibia 11 hours ago

We will be in Namibia in early February on a cruise. We would like to take an aerial tour over the sand dunes. There are many companies listed in the Internet. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad with any of these providers?

Carl

more
    • informations abouot a travel agency in Namibia

Namibia Nov 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello
      I need your help and feed back if you can
      Do you know the travel agency The cardboard box Travel shopspecialzed in Namibia ? If yes what is its reputation .
      Thanks in advance for your support

Olivier

more
    • Thanks for all your help with our Namibia trip!

Namibia Nov 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Having used the advice of this forum rather extensively, I'd like to thank you all for your help, and mention a few things about our trip that might extend help to others. Firstly, in Windhoek we stayed in Londiningi Guesthouse, and in Swakopmund in Alternative Space. Both are certainly very nice places, but in both towns we would have preferred staying someplace perhaps less unique but more central. In Swakop I would have enjoyed being nearer in to the centre so I could walk around freely and use my free time without having to take the vehicle into town. In Windhoek we took a day at the end of our trip just to hang around but had already returned our bakkie to the agency, so we needed to use taxis which I found very limiting. In addition, our free day in Windhoek was a Sunday when most everything is closed. If I had been aware of that, I wouldn't have planned to spend the day in Windhoek, especially car-less.
      Secondly, a special thanks to everyone who mentioned that it's worth spending the night in Spitzkoppe to be there for sunrise and sunset, rather than seeing the place as a day trip. The colours at sunset and at dawn are amazing, and I'm so glad we got to experience that.
      Thirdly, you guys got me unduly worried about vegetarian food in Namibia! We did a giant shopping at the SuperSpar in Windhoek before we set out for 9 days of self-catering, and enjoyed really delicious and inexpensive vegetables and cheeses throughout. We also found a good choice of whole-grain crackers, which made it no problem not to have whole-grain bread. Every evening we cooked up some combination of veggies and beans, and managed quite well. In Windhoek we treated ourselves to Indian food at Garnish, which has excellent veggie choices. I guess if we had wanted to eat at the restaurants in the various camps we would have been in trouble, but camping and cooking were both easier and cheaper.
      We had a truly wonderful trip, and saw amazing places and so very many animals so very easily that I was astounded daily. Thank you again for helping us with all our travel questions!

more
    • Amaria's Profile Photo

Luderitz and serounding

Luderitz May 6, 2004 at 7:16 AM

Hi I want to know where I can find accommodation in Luderitz (nice places to stay but not to expensive). I have hurd that you need a permit to go to Kolmaskop. Can you get it at Luderitz or must I apply for it before I go on my trip in June. What is the cost? Really want to go to Kolmanskop. If you have any information on wat else to do or see in Luderitz and serounding let me know.

1 Answer Jul 9, 2004 at 1:51 PM
    • Worth seeing Luderitz if time short?

Luderitz Aug 18, 2003 at 12:29 PM

My girlfriend and I will be spending about 2 weeks in Namibia in November, mainly the south as we;ve seen Etosha and Damaraland. So, Windhoek - Fish R. - Namib Desert - Swak - Windhoek. Is it worth the big detour to Luderitz and Kolmanskop, at the expense of time in Swak or the Namib?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2003 at 7:30 PM