Lucerne Travel Answers

change location

Where Can I Find a Miniature Lion Statue?

by WeezieM Online Now Jun 21, 2003 at 11:47 PM

I am looking for a carving or other smaller reproduction of the famous Lion of Lucerne. My father bought a small carving of this statue when he was stationed in Europe during WWII before my parents were married. After his death, the statue went missing and my mother wants me to try to find another while I am over here in The Netherlands. I have looked all over and am desperately trying to find a statue with this lion on it. It would mean the world to my mother. Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • MissWarren's Profile Photo

Re: Where Can I Find a Miniature Lion Statue?

by MissWarren Online Now Jun 22, 2003 at 5:13 AM

Grutzie! Ive seen them around in the city of Lucerne. There is a nice tourist shop on the famous wooden bridge in the centre of town. I saw some nice things in there a few months ago Im sure you would have no trouble replacing it. Good luck! Paula:-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dumpymotel's Profile Photo

Re: Where Can I Find a Miniature Lion Statue?

by Dumpymotel Online Now Jun 22, 2003 at 10:41 AM

I found this.... cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl... Copy and paste to see it for sale on Ebay. I was surprised there aren't any other statues available. I have two small lions that are very similar that I bought in England. I have seen them at the MUSEUM COMPANY. IF you look on their website perhaps they will have it. If you aren't familiar with that store... They are in upscale shopping malls and sell replicas of famous pieces including lots of Egyptian items. Good Luck B L A N E

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines