Lucca

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• B&B La Magnolia

by CaTaSiag14 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Would like to return to Lucca next september, does B&B la Magnolia still exist

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    • Bicycle rental

by singlemalt Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 6:00 AM

We would like to ride bicycles on the wall around Lucca. If this is possible, where can we rent bikes?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • Buses from Lucca to Marlia

by madruby Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 4:42 AM

Is there a bus service between Lucca and Marlia?

1 Answer Jun 6, 2014 at 12:26 PM
    • Restaurants

by Leento Online Now May 30, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Are there gluten free restaurants in Lucca

6 Answers May 30, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • Local transportation needed

by thomas1950 Online Now May 15, 2014 at 12:38 AM

I am going to be in Lucca with a party of 8. There is a restaurant that I would like to take our friends. It is located about 30 minutes away in the hills about 7km outside of Collodi. I know there is very expensive per-day car rental but is there another method of an evening (7pm to 11pm) round trip to this restaurant?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • Local transportation needed

by thomas1950 Online Now May 15, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I am going to be in Lucca with a party of 8. There is a restaurant that I would like to take our friends. It is located about 30 minutes away in the hills about 7km outside of Collodi. I know there is very expensive per-day car rental but is there another method of an evening (7pm to 11pm) round trip to this restaurant?

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • Tennis at Lucca

by HDMG Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 4:47 AM

How do I find some tennis games around Lucca? I am directed to a tennis club il Poggio in S. Anna, 1 km from Lucca. Who knows how I can find people looking for a game, and whether and how court rental can be arranged? (I shall be in Lucca for the last week of April.)

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    • thebunster's Profile Photo

Snack chip

by thebunster Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 11:16 AM

The last time I was in Lucca a bought a package of triangular shaped chips that tasted like licorice. They were delicious and I ate them all thru Italy. Does anyone know what they are called.

3 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 4:23 AM
    • Travel from Lucca to Florence by Bus

by vbell Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hello,

I am trying to find out if there is a direct bus from Lucca to Florence? If so, how much and what are the times?

The website www.vaibus.it is only available in Italian.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

All the best
      Victoria

4 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • Car rental

by melindakopec Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Is there a car rental facility in Lucca?

3 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • Ancient structure within the wall

by PrairiePat17 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Carlos, a gentleman with a horse and carriage, took us for a ride throughout Lucca. He brought us to an area -- it seemed to be within the wall itself, with huge rooms through which we rode with the horse and carriage. Does anyone know the story about or the history of this area?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • Roman influence in Lucca

by PrairiePat17 Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM

There are pillars in the basement of a building in Lucca with pillars with paintings that go back to the Roman rule. Where are those pillars and what do they represent.

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Pisa to Lucca

by Susieact Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 3:50 PM

We will be travelling from Rome to Pisa by train and then onto Lucca. Would you advise whether bus or train from Pisa is more convenient. Also where do the buses to Lucca leave from in Pisa as we had hoped to leave bags at station and sightsee a little in Pisa before travelling on to Lucca.

Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks
      Sue

9 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • ladies leather jacket

by mailroom Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

where in lucca could I find a ladies leather jacket?

5 Answers May 16, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • Where is the bus stop at the Florence Airport to go to Lucca?

by gabbicha Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM

We are flying to Florence next April and then we have to go to Lucca historic center where we will stay for two months. I read that there is a bus that stops at Florence airport and goes to Lucca (I'd rather take a direct bus than the train). I enter a site with the time schedule but it is in italian and I do not understand it. Anybody could tell me where to take this bus and the time schedule? We are arriving at noon on April st.

4 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    • tsc jEWELS

by gltman Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

My son bought me some jewelry while in Lucca. Is there a jewelry shop that carries tsc jewels?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • Lucca To Torre del Largo by bus ?

by Ravensworth Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Is it possible to get to Torre del Largo by bus from Lucca ?

2 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • Niagaragirl's Profile Photo

Looking for quiet hotel

by Niagaragirl Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM

My husband and I are planning to spend a couple of days in Lucca, Italy the last week of October, 2013. Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice quiet hotel not too far from the train station (we'll arrive from Florence by train).

I've read some reviews of nicer hotels, but many say that because they are inside the city, there are noise disturbances. I appreciate your feedback.

8 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    • TRANSPORT

by thegang Online Now Apr 6, 2013 at 2:55 AM

We are staying in a villa in Gragnano and planning to take the train to Lucca or Pescia and then the bus. Can anyone give me info about the bus route between Lucca and Pescia and roughly how much a taxi would be from Lucca and Pescia to Hotel Country Club in Gragnano (nearest bus stop I can find to the villa).

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    • M19's Profile Photo

apartment within the walls

by M19 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

We are trying to decide between ANFITEATRO - ELENA from Lucca Holiday Homes and Palazzo Froussard (property #994879) of HomeAway. . . Has anyone stayed at either? Thanks so much!

3 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    • Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Taxi and/or car & driver for Lucca area

by Sunshine64 Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

A group of friends will be staying in a villa ~10km from Lucca in a few weeks. It has been suggested that we must have a car, but some of us are not interested in driving on our holiday. We might like to have more wine than we should :)

I found the prices for Radio Taxi Lucca, and they don't seem that unreasonable, especially in going from Lucca TO the Villa. But the other direction has me more concerned.

Does anyone have experience getting to and from Lucca this way? Or with using a car service such as Tau Touring? Is the taxi reliable/prompt when you call them from 10km out and ask for a pick up? Can you schedule in advance?

All help greatly appreciated!

2 Answers Aug 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    • Ernie44's Profile Photo

Italy

by Ernie44 Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 5:58 AM

We will be in Italy in June of this year and will be traveling from Venice to Pisa by rail on a Saturday, we will continue on to Lucca where we will spend the night. I wanted to know if there will be any shops, or thing open on Sunday?

Ernie

3 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    • Travel to Lucca

by IslandJohn Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 3:35 PM

We will be flying into Milan and need to take the train to Lucca. Any suggestions on booking a train. Should we try to do this on-line before leaving?

6 Answers Dec 23, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Daytrips from Lucca. Siena and Montecatini.

by Maurizioago Online Now Sep 1, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Is it easy to go from Lucca to Siena and Montecatini by bus as daytrips? How long would the journey be?

4 Answers Sep 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    • Sardena to Lucca or Sicily to Lucca - Ferries?

by mVigilante Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM

I am thinking of going to either Sardena or Sicily before staying for 12 days in Lucca. Any suggestions on which airport it would be better to fly into (Rome, Milan, or Pisa are my choices)? Then ferry to Sardena or Sicily? How are the ferries (no car) - would a stateroom be needed? do they sail in November (as the web only lists through October)?

1 Answer Aug 30, 2011 at 11:35 PM
    • Venice to Lucca

by sandrami Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM

What is the best transportation option to get from Venice to Lucca? All trains? Trains and busses?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Villas near Lucca.

by Maurizioago Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I'd like to visit some villa located some km from Lucca. I mean Villa Marlia and others. Are there any buses to these?

2 Answers May 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Beach resorts.

by Maurizioago Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 1:38 PM

What are the nicest beach resorts not far from Lucca in your opinion?

3 Answers Feb 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Transportation to Livorno.

by Maurizioago Online Now Aug 14, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Is it possible to travel from Lucca to Livorno by bus?

2 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM
    • Day trips from Lucca?

by blackie50 Online Now Aug 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Hi,

Could anyone recommend day trips from Lucca - travel time (by train or bus) no more than 1 & half hours each way. Like to spend 4-5 hours in the place if possible. Don't mind if its just mooching (wandering/looking) around in museums etc or at the beach etc.

thanks for any advice

4 Answers May 21, 2012 at 9:05 AM