Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ticket cost

by trumpasuarrey Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM

i want to know the cost of an air ticket from Cameroonn to Lubumbashi

2 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Grocery shopping

by kitsue Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM

My Canadian-born and raised parents are moving to Lubumbashi for 2 years this coming summer. My mom enjoys cooking and will be responsible for making meals for large groups of people. What are the main types of meats, fruits, vegetables, grains available at the grocery store? Are condiments such as ketcup, bbq sauce, mustard, soup mixes, etc found at the local grocery store? I am trying to help her know somewhat what to expect when they arrive. Thanks so much!

• Visiting Lumbumbashi

by shuaibm Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I am planning a visit to Lubumbashi during May. I plan to travel for 3 weeks to evaluate the area for business opportunity.
      1. Is it safe for me to stay in Lubumbashi?

2. How can I travel around? is there taxi's easily available?

3. I wish to stay in a decent place which is not ata very high cost. Even a house will be sufficient for me. Can anyone advise me where I can get this?

4. Which are the very busy retail business districts one can advise me to visit?

Thanking you in advance

1 Answer Sep 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • martinkonstant's Profile Photo

Travel advice to Lubumbashi

by martinkonstant Online Now Jan 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I need to travel from Johannesburg (or Pretoria) return to Lubumbashi by bus. I'm neither rich nor young - any advice fronm those who have done the trip? Once in Lubumbashi I think I'll be organised for accomodation. Many thanks. Martin Konstant.

• clean hotel with good vegetarian indian food

by sangervk Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 3:26 AM

I am proceeding for Lubumbashi and would stay in a clean hotel in a good locality where I also need good vegetarian Indian food. Please suggest a hotel with vegetarian Indian food and its cost per day in US dollars.

Best wishes,

Vijay Sanger

1 Answer Mar 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM
    • Dundees guest house

by tomskeeper Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Is anyone familiar with this as lodging?

• MOVING TO LUMBUMBASHI

by MEDCONRED Online Now May 16, 2008 at 11:54 AM

I LIVE IN USA MY HUSBAND HAS ACCEPTED A JOB IN LUMBABASHI I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN HIM THERE WE HAVE TWO SMALL CHILDREN IS THIS PLACE SAFE FOR ME AND THE CHILDREN HOW IS THE SCHOOL SYSYTEM HELP?

4 Answers Jun 10, 2011 at 1:17 PM
    • Permit to visit Lubumbashi....

by bellabimb Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 5:05 AM

Hi

Just as I had booked my flight ticket to Lubumbashi, the travel agency told me that I might need a permit giving me promsion to visit the region from the imigration office, (I am a tourist)
      Does anyone know if this info is true?

I will fly from Kinshasa to Lubumbasi with Bravo airlines, I have a tourist visa valid for a month.

Thanks alot.

3 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    • Bhuwan's Profile Photo

Job in Lubumbashi

by Bhuwan Online Now Feb 19, 2005 at 3:20 AM

I have been asked to head a project for cobalt processing plant in Katanga. I would be expected to operate out of Lubumbashi. I am 30, married and have a 2 year old daughter. Request if you could provide some information on life in Lubumbashi, write-ups or pictures or site reference to help me make up my mind. How is the security situation in and around the town? The money and benefits are good but is it worth taking the risk of operating in this part of Congo? Though I have heard that situation is fast improving and the country is trying to rebuild itself. Regards Bhuwan

7 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 3:34 AM