Luanda Travel Answers

change location
bongosamy's Profile Photo

GUESTHOUSE IN LUANDA?

by bongosamy Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Well I have been travelling to Africa on a regular basis for the last 7 years. I have a music label spezialised in African music so thats the main reason for my trips. Sometimes I just arrive at the airport, take a taxi, who dropes me in front of a nice place, I pay my 10$ per night and after three weeks I head back to Frankfurt. Sometimes I book in Advance but thats rare. Anyway I am planning a trip to Luanda and I am actually on the brink of giving up ;) first it looks like I need a invitation from Angola to get a visa!! I dont know anybody there so what to do? Secondly and thats been my main problem, I couldnt find anything under65 per night. I am planning to stay 25 days so at that price its not an option. Third problem, I have written to 15 persones leaving in Luanda from this site but no reply yet. So if anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks. Samy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: GUESTHOUSE IN LUANDA?

by yasmine1234 Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Hi,

My name is Yasmine, and I work an Oil and Gas company. if you need to go in Angola, you need to get an invitation letter, so there is 2 agencies which deliver this documents : GETMA and PANALPINA, they can manage to get you the visa and the invitation letter, but note the visa you will get is a short termvisa ( 7days with an extension of 7 days), other wise you can ask an ordinary visa ( 1 month with an extension of 1 month again maximum) and you do not need invitation letter.

About the hotel, it's very rare to find one du to the big international mobilisation. So hotels are very expensive.

If any questions call me 0033 6 6433 8066

Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Luanda