Lowell

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• accommodations

Boston Jan 25, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Hi, All. I am looking into accommodations for Boston from April 3-6, 2015, and it appears the prices for a clean, well-rated (3 out of 5 on Hotels.com) and central hotel (I looked near downtown) is no less than $250 per night. We (2 adults) were hoping to spend about $150 per night for a room. Is there something going on (an event) that's causing an increase to the prices, or causing low availability in Boston?

A separate question I would like to post is what area would you recommend for a first-time tourist? We are in our 30's, love culture and food, and love to see what a city is all about. We will take in the North End, museums, Quincy Market, Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill, and other touristy sites. We are very mobile and plan on taking the "T" everywhere.

Thank you in advance!

more
    • Sat 17th March ( Paddys day )

by Oval7 Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi guys .

Myself and a friend are coming over from Ireland for the Dropkick Murphys gig at the Tsongas centre on st paddys day . We ideally would like to stay in Boston but would anyone recommend staying in Lowell , even for a few nights ? If not , is there any transport that would take us back to Boston after the gig , probably late at night ? Would a taxi take us ? And if so would anyone have an idea of how much it would cost ?

Thanks for any info guys .

Ryan O'Doherty

• Canal Tour in Lowell

by Shelewar Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 6:26 AM

I am looking for online information on a boat tour (?) of the Textile Mills
      on the Canal.

Does such a tour exist. I thought I had seen info on such a tour.

Shelewar@hotmail.com

1 Answer Sep 26, 2010 at 2:52 AM
    • Edgar Allan Poe

by nancy_carpenter Online Now Nov 14, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Good morning,

I'm researching the life of Edgar Allen Poe. As he patronized the Worthen House, I'm wondering if he also lived in Lowell.

Many thanks for any details you can provide.

Nancy

4 Answers Nov 22, 2008 at 2:25 AM
    • I Miss Lowell

by nomorewars Online Now Jan 15, 2003 at 10:57 PM

I am originally from Lowell, but due to my current status as a US soldier, I have not seen Massachusetts since '96. Does Arthur's Paradise Diner still exist? If I were to go home tomorrow, could I still get a bootmill sandwich?

13 Answers Nov 17, 2003 at 2:38 PM