Louisville Travel Answers

change location
csuresh's Profile Photo

Charlotte, NC enroute to Louisville, KY - suggest attractions

by csuresh Online Now May 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM

We are planning for a trip to Louisville, KY from Charlotte, NC. Currently we want to see Cumberland Falls, Mamoth Caves and Louisville downtown attractions. Can you please suggest specific attractions in Louisville and around as well as enroute. We plan to go during July 4th long weekend, can you please let me know if I will face heavy traffic rush this route.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Dester's Profile Photo

Re: Charlotte, NC enroute to Louisville, KY - suggest attractions

by Dester Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Anywhere around Cumberland is going to be packed on the fourth of July weekend, and look for gridlock at any major attractions. I went there Memorial Day one year and I'll never do it again, but I have a low tolerance for crowds of people. What other kinds of activities are you interested in?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • csuresh's Profile Photo

by csuresh Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Thanks for the reply. We want to stop at any attractions that we can enjoy, take photo and move on. Not interested in spending a lot of time in a single place. As you have mentioned, we are worried about the traffic and do not want to spend a lot of time moving inch-by-inch in interstate.

• Re: Charlotte, NC enroute to Louisville, KY - suggest attractions

by jeslelli Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM

On the 3rd and 4th there is a Fourth of July event in Downtown Louisville that might cause you to have some trouble with parking and might slow you down because of pedestrian traffic, but other than that the traffic won't be too bad. Here is a list of the best attractions in Louisville:

louisville.about.com/od/attr....

Most are downtown, and a lot--like the Belle of Louisville and Louisville Slugger Museum--will make great photo opportunities.

• csuresh's Profile Photo

by csuresh Online Now Jul 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM

We completed our trip successfully. First we went to visit an Indian temple in Nashville. Then we drove to Louisville and joined the 3rd July fireworks crowd. We then went to Louisville Slugger musuem and Science museum and took photos from outside. We visited Mamooth caves on July 4th. New Entrace cave tour is good. I have gone there around 12-13 years back and remember going down an elevator. Now walked 300+ steps downwards. It is a nice tour. Next day, we visited Cumberland falls. It was very beautiful with a rainbow. It was overall a very good 1100+ miles trip. Traffic is not that bad I imagined. Thank you all for your replies.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines