Louisville Travel Answers

change location
NaughtyArty's Profile Photo

What to do & where to stay

by NaughtyArty Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 11:27 AM

We will be visiting Louisville for a couple of days after the 4th of July. Our two daughters will be with us (ages 8 & 5). We're going to try & hit Churchill Downs for the closing day of the season on 7/5, but other than that, we aren't sure what else to see, or what areas to stay in. I'd appreciate any advice on:

Other kids friendly places to visit
What areas to visit and/or avoid
Hotel Recommendations
Kid Friendly Restaurants

Also, is the Louisville Slugger factory tour good for kids? My wife thinks they'd be bored there.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • wabIV's Profile Photo

Re: What to do & where to stay

by wabIV Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Your family would really enjoy Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. It is easy to get to and as I remember not very expensive. sixflags.com/kentuckykingdom...
    The Louisville Zoo would also be a nice outing for your family. Louisville Zoo is located at:
    1100 Trevilian Way
    Louisville, KY 40213
    The Holiday Inn on Hurstbourne (just off freeway) is conviently located and close to family restuarants. http://www.hihurstbourne.com/ There are other hotels in this area. The Slugger factory is awesome however, I believe your wife is right and the children are to young to enjoy it.
    This is a great website with additional information.hellolouisville.com/Attracti...
    Enjoy Louisville, it is a great city!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines