Louisville Travel Answers

change location
lizzytex's Profile Photo

One night in Louisville...

by lizzytex Online Now Sep 27, 2007 at 2:22 PM

My brother has just invited me to attend a black tie affair in Louisville next weekend. I will arrive somewhat early Saturday and be leaving mid-afternoon Sunday. Since I don't have much time, what is THE one thing to do while in Louisville? I don't know anything about the city but am trying to figure it out quickly!! Thanks in advance :)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

Re: One night in Louisville...

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Sep 27, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Are you going to rent a car? Have you ever been to a distillery? We have family just south of Louisville and the countryside is awesome just to drive. In fact this time of year is probably the best.

There are several distillery plants in the area so take a tour. We did Maker's Mark and were able to "dip" our own bottle in the trademark red wax seal (it is really a form of plastic), but MM might be a little to far for you to drive. You should be able to find others in the area. It is an intersting process even if you don't like to drink it.

There is a bar at the airport just as you clear the security gate upon exit. I can't recall the name but it is owned by a huge well known distillery not to far from Louisville. It was in the wrong direction from where we were going so we did MM. Stop on your way to bag claim and ask about the tour.

BTW: if you need a place to spend time at the airport the food is very good there and security is a few steps away and quick.

You could drive down to Fort Knox and see the gold depository. There really isn't much to see as most is below ground. You can get fairly close, but don't let them see you stop and take photographs.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: One night in Louisville...

by tracys2cents Online Now Sep 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM

GRAETER'S ICE CREAM!

• Re: One night in Louisville...

by sdftosat Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 11:38 AM

You should go to the Derby Museum at Churchill Downs, horse racing is what we are famous for!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines