Louisville Travel Answers

change location
kimia942's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay

by kimia942 Online Now May 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM

Hello,
I am passing through Louisville to go to New Orleans and I will stay there one night. What would be the cheapest way to stay only one night over there? I checked Bed and breakfasts and the price is too much. I couldn't find anything less that 65$ per night. I appreciate any advice :) Here, there are some families who accepts guests in very low price for few days and they advertise in the local news paper. Is there something like this over there?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • squidly2's Profile Photo

RE: Cheap place to stay

by squidly2 Online Now May 30, 2006 at 5:51 PM

Unlike Europe, our Bed and breakfasts are more expensive than our motels.
    You will find plenty of motels in the area for less than50. On a quick search, I found one just north of Louisville in Jefferson, IN (off of I-65) for35/night. Here's the website. You will probably see signs on the side of the road/interstate with prices as low as25/night. http://www.motel6.com/
    The hotel # was 607. I stay with this chain ofen when travelling, they are cheap and clean.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Cheap place to stay

by schwier33 Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 11:31 AM

If you are going south on I-65, there is an inexpensive but nice hotel at exit 121. The Hearthstone Inn and Suites (www.hearthstonesuites.com) has an indoor waterpark but they sell rooms without this extra amenity at a really good price. Here's what we did.. go get a coupon (at several restaurants on exit 121- hotel coupon books) and the coupon rate is just49.95 for one person. The Motel 6 in town isn't much cheaper than that. We have stayed there several times on our way south to Nashville. Nice place that won't break the bank.

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Cheap place to stay

by Fullmoonfever Online Now Aug 19, 2006 at 3:09 PM

I have nothing really to add other than 40/50 bucks is about as cheap as it gets.

so the above suggestions are good ones.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines