Louisville Travel Answers

change location

Heading to Louisville in Oct '05

by lyrehc91 Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 5:27 PM

I am heading to Louisville for a convention and will be staying downtown - any advise on things to do?

Check out my website - www.go2.myarbonne.com - this is why I am going to Louisville in October. Sounds like fun if you ask me!

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Easty's Profile Photo

RE: Heading to Louisville in Oct '05

by Easty Online Now Jul 12, 2005 at 7:06 PM

I was in Louisville last spring for a convention. I highly recommend the Marriott Downtown if you haven't made your reservations yet. The hotel opened last winter and one of the best rooms that I stayed in. Downtown has a lot of nice shops and restaurants. Nice area to roam around. Didn't have much time there to do actual attractions. The riverwalk was a nice place to kill a few minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Heading to Louisville in Oct '05

by trsanford Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 10:16 AM

Check out O'Malley's Corner, Hard Rock Cafe, Bristol Bar and Grill is a great restaurant. During the week, you can't beat the breakfast at Metro Deli and Cafe. Frazier Historical Arms Museum is pretty cool. wheretogousa.com is a good source for Louisville stuff. Have fun!

• RE: Heading to Louisville in Oct '05

by Paint1 Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 10:58 AM

Louisvlle is an exciting city that is growing in the most positive ways. Downtown is the waterfront park that covers most of the downtown area along the Ohio river, the gallery district along Market and Main St. ,Glassworks, the new 21C Hotel and contemporary art museum, the incredibel Frazier History Museum, Louisville SluggerBat factory and museum, Mohammad Ali Museum,JB Speed Art Museum, Actor's Theater, and much more..also the Bardstown Rd and Frankfort Avenue (all still close to downtown) have lots of great independent excellent restaurants. Enjoy Louisville!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines