Louisville Travel Answers

change location
listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Private Children´s School In Louisville

by listenandlearn Online Now Jun 7, 2005 at 11:32 AM

Hi, Would anyone out there have a website for grade schools located in Louisville¿ One of my closest cousin is moving from London to Louisville this year. They have 3 young school children, ages 9, 8 and 4 years old. The husband was just hired as a CEO of a super big corporation, and they have not yet found a most recomendable school for the children. Also, having come & having sold their home in UK would anyone recommend a high standard of living areas in Louisville¿ Any good comment or suggestions from Louisville would greately be appreciated. Cheers to all.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Private Children´s School In Louisville

by leanncarr Online Now Jun 28, 2005 at 12:36 PM

Hi,

I don't have children, but live in Louisville. Found this site regarding schools: privateschoolreview.com/coun...

Louisville has numerous private schools. Many are Catholic. Several of my friends send their toddlers to Highland Presbyterian. It's located in an area known as the Highlands. Louisville Collegiate School is another excellent non-denominational option. Also in the Highlands area.

Regarding affluent areas, many people live in the "East end". Specific communities would include:
    St. Matthews (centrally located, established community, mostly older homes)
    Anchorage (further out, older homes, more privacy, great trees)
    Lake Forest (suburban, newer executive homes - realtors will tend to suggest this area for new residents. I'm not sure why.)
    The Highlands/Cherokee Park area - (centrally located to restaurants, pubs & shops, more urban, eclectic & young. Older Victorian homes)
    Oldham County - (Northeast of Louisville. Many families move to Oldham County for the school system. Good public schools. Rapidly developing area. Lots of new developments. Executive homes. Farms & land can still be found here.)
    Also worth exploring (depending upon driving distance to work): Crestwood, Floyd's Knobs (across the river in Indiana. Views of Louisville).

Good luck. - Leann

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Private Children´s School In Louisville

by listenandlearn Online Now Jun 28, 2005 at 12:52 PM

Hello Leanncar,
    Thanking you very much for the very imformative info on the grade school at Louisville. We had printed it and we are sure our relatives will highly appreciate all these information. Our kind thanks to you! From your friends in Barcelona

• RE: RE: Private Children´s School In Louisville

by reed23911 Online Now Dec 7, 2006 at 12:52 PM

I found this website for locating private schools in USA. www.locateaprivateschool.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines