Louisville Travel Answers

change location
arinizy's Profile Photo

For 2 weeks now or 1 month in summer time???

by arinizy Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 2:50 AM

Hi All, My friend asked me to come to Louisville by end of this week till May 10, 2004.. Do you think is it worth to come for 2 weeks for this month? what the weather would be this time? I really dont know anything about this place.. as my friend will work during teh day.. so anything I can do.. during teh day?? dont want to stay at the hotel during my whole 2 weeks...!!.as i live thousand miles away (take me at least 20 hrs flight!) Any recommendation .. or do I have to wait until summer to go there for a month?? Thanks for your help!!!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: For 2 weeks now or 1 month in summer time???

by valita1984 Online Now Apr 12, 2005 at 2:24 PM

Come NOW! This is Spring in Kentucky, and there is no prettier time, IMHO. Summer, comparitively speaking, is the antechamber of hell...it gives a whole new meaning to hot and muggy!

You will have a great time...Derby stuff to do (entertainment at areas called "Chow Wagons" of all things, for the cost of a2.00 Pegasus pin that you wear to all events; have your friend get you one), take a ride on the Belle of Louisiville, go and see the Falls of the Ohio. Downtown has a new area called "Fourth Street Live" that has clubs and shops. The Bardstown Road area is a mecca for younger people than myself--great clubs, they tell me!

Louisville is one of the best-kept secrets in the country (I speak as a native Chicagoan who has learned to say "all y'all" with best!). Pleasant drivers, and it is an easy city to get around in.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines