Travel Answers
Louisiana

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• irvbur's Profile Photo

Are there any restaurants for very restricted diets?

New Orleans Apr 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM

One of my travel mates doesn't eat seafood (except fish), won't eat creole or Cajun food, is very allergic to black pepper, and won't eat pork or any breaded and fried food. She does eat beef and chicken. Where can we take her in NO that is moderately priced?

more
    • Sat morning in lafayette

Lafayette Mar 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM

What is something to do on a Saturday morning in Lafayette -- where do locals go?

more
    • Senior Photos

New Orleans Apr 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM

What are a few of the best locations to take senior portraits in New Orleans?

more
    • Main attractions in NOLA

New Orleans Apr 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Any free attractions in NOLA? Good restaurants?

more
    • New Orleans, Louisiana - Old Gentilly Road - Motel 6 Area & Other places for April 2014

New Orleans Mar 31, 2014 at 8:07 AM

My husband and I are headed to New Orleans the second week in April. That was the only time we could travel and didn't know it was French Quarter Festival. The only place I found close was on Old Gentilly Road as everything was booked or cost over $200 per night. I was just wondering is it safe to drive after dark or not. Also we have two swamp tours booked and I would like to take a day trip to Meterie Cemetery to see Millionaires Row. Are these safe trips to venture out into the daytime and do? I want to see and experience New Orleans but have read some scary things about the Big Easy and I don't want any troubles just a great time. Any advise for a first timer in NO?? Please advise as we leave next Wednesday. Thanks so much!!

more
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

Are there any restaurants for very restricted diets?

New Orleans Apr 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM

One of my travel mates doesn't eat seafood (except fish), won't eat creole or Cajun food, is very allergic to black pepper, and won't eat pork or any breaded and fried food. She does eat beef and chicken. Where can we take her in NO that is moderately priced?

• Main attractions in NOLA

New Orleans Apr 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Any free attractions in NOLA? Good restaurants?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • Senior Photos

New Orleans Apr 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM

What are a few of the best locations to take senior portraits in New Orleans?

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • New Orleans, Louisiana - Old Gentilly Road - Motel 6 Area & Other places for April 2014

New Orleans Mar 31, 2014 at 8:07 AM

My husband and I are headed to New Orleans the second week in April. That was the only time we could travel and didn't know it was French Quarter Festival. The only place I found close was on Old Gentilly Road as everything was booked or cost over $200 per night. I was just wondering is it safe to drive after dark or not. Also we have two swamp tours booked and I would like to take a day trip to Meterie Cemetery to see Millionaires Row. Are these safe trips to venture out into the daytime and do? I want to see and experience New Orleans but have read some scary things about the Big Easy and I don't want any troubles just a great time. Any advise for a first timer in NO?? Please advise as we leave next Wednesday. Thanks so much!!

6 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    • Sat morning in lafayette

Lafayette Mar 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM

What is something to do on a Saturday morning in Lafayette -- where do locals go?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • Sports car rental or track?

New Orleans Mar 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Me and my friend are going to come to new orleans very soon for a small vacay and I wanted us to rent a sports car for a couple days or so. I don't mean like a camaro or mustang or nothing like that. More like a mercedes SL or lotus or corvette, something like that. Also if there is no place like that is there a race track somewhere in new orleans where you can take a sports car for a spin around the track? I love racing and cars and so does my friend so this is one of our dreams to do in new orleans so please if anyone knows anything do not hesitate to reply. Thank you all.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    • what are some clubs

New Orleans Mar 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM

is there any clubs on the French quarter for 19 yr.old and up. and what are some clubs outside the French quarter for 19+

1 Answer Mar 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM
    • Hauntings in New Orleans

New Orleans Mar 1, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I love ghost stories, hauntings & spirits. Last year I visited Savannah, Ga and loved all the stories & tours. But I was told that Savannah was #2 haunted city & New Orleans was #1. In Savannah I got more info from the locals than I did online. So when I visit New Orleans I want to hear about hauntings, ghosts & maybe see a spirit or two. So can anyone give me info so I can enjoy New Orleans as much as I did Savannah? Where can I see orbs & get creeped out?

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • Transportation

Leesville Feb 26, 2014 at 7:37 AM

How to get from Leesville to either Shreveport, New-Orleans or baton Rouge airports?

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • Avoiding Festivals/Pricey Hotels

New Orleans Feb 19, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I have tried to find a list of festivals for NO and only found the "Big" ones. Trying the avoid the high prices of staying there during those times. Can someone tell me dates to avoid?? Also any suggestions on hotels with reasonable pricing within the FQ (preferably under $150). Ant hotels near Frenchmen St? Lastly-do streetcars run 24/7 from Bourbon to the Conv. Ctr area or do you need to get a taxi?

6 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • zowika's Profile Photo

Looking for 'authentic' New Orleans bnb

New Orleans Feb 4, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Hi,

We're from holland and we're looking for a nice bnb where we can stay with locals who can tell us the things we need to know about New Orleans. We're arriving at 2nd of march and probably be leaving the 5th of march.

Kind regards,

Zowik

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM
    • Shopping and Travelling with a 2 year old

New Orleans Feb 2, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Hi there,
      I am coming to New Orleans in March 2014. I would love to do some clothes shopping but I"m looking for stores like Nordstrom Rack or DSW or Ross Dress for Less. Is there anything equivalent downtown or or somewhere easy to get to if I don't have a car?
      I am also travelling with my 2 year old. Can you recommend some things to do?
      We will be there for 10 days (7 days due to a conference), is that too long? Would there be any day trips you might recommend?

5 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • Must see things in 2 days

New Orleans Jan 31, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Hi Everyone. My fiancee and I are going to New Orleans for a couple of days next week. What are the must see sights/attractions in New Orleans over 2 days? She is very keen to see the aquarium and Cafe du Monde. Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Getting around Louisiana

Louisiana Jan 29, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I am trying to organize a small group of 60+ aged adventurers on a trip to Louisiana from Australia. We would love to visit and catch up on some Cajun music and Zydeco bands. I have found information for Festivals in September in New Iberia & Angie. This would mean a 7-10 day stay in Louisiana.
      We don't want to drive ourselves as everyone wants to have a good look around.
      I can't find any info on small group tours that would fit our ideas. Maybe even a train would work out, but I am not even sure which train to look for.
      We are pretty open to suggestions, but definitely don't want to do the large coach thing.
      Hope somebody can help.

3 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Mardi Gras the prior week end and a few days before March 1st and the main parade, how is it?

New Orleans Jan 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM

We are thinking about going the prior week end and a few days before March 1st and the main parade on the 4th. Is the experience similar, possibly safer, for the earlier parades Excalibur, Cesar, Adonis and Atlas on the weekend from 21st of February thru 23 February? Where the parade routes, are they the same as the main? All comments are greatly appreciated. What areas would you suggest to stay? Chuck

3 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 11:26 PM
    • Considering moving to Shreveport from Louisville, KY

Shreveport Jan 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hello! I've lived in the Derby City all my life, other than a short time I lived in Batesville, MS, & I'm beginning to feel that my family & I need to relocate. We're a family of 5 (hubby, 3 young sons, & myself), & I would really like to find a place in Louisiana to plant roots & raise my children. An ideal place would be somewhere with lots of family activities, public schools that excell in education, safe (I'm aware that no town can be completely safe but a nice place to raise children), several job opportunities, & a place where low-income families can still thrive & strive to better their lives. I've never been to Louisiana but something has always drawn me to the state & I would like to raise my family there. My initial choice locale was New Orleans, but I'm willing to move to any of the other cities, so long as the above mentioned criteria are in place. If anyone has any helpful advice, I would greatly appreciate the feedback. Thanks in advance, Erin G.

7 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    • LisaB99's Profile Photo

wheel chairs

New Orleans Jan 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Are they wheel chair or walker accessible

4 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM
    • Le Pavillion vs. Hotel Monteleone

New Orleans Jan 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM

We are looking into Le Pavillion and also Hotel Monteleone for our romantic anniversary trip to New Orleans in May. We like small-ish, boutique-y hotels w/ impeccable service. Walking distance to nearby attractions, restaurants, bars, but not necessarily Bourbon St. I'd love something w/ the old world decadance of N.O. decor. I've heard these 2 hotels are the best, but which fits my needs more?

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • New Orleans Tempertures

New Orleans Jan 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM

we are coming to New Orleans for the week 1 -6 March. What are the temps during the day and the evening temperatures.

3 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • llauraa's Profile Photo

Things to do 35-45 y'olds nightlife

New Orleans Dec 29, 2013 at 9:27 PM

A friend and I will be travelling to N/O late May 2014. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay, a little away from the main drag in or close to the French Quarter? Room service, or eateries on premises would be good. Our budget is healthy: $100-$150 p.n. USD average ok although value for money always appreciated
      Want something reasonably quiet, but walking distance to Bourbon St etc. We're active & mobile so walking not an issue. Its been 10 years since I've been so not sure what is still good post Katrina etc. Any suggestions on things to do welcome.
      Also tips on places to go for authentic local cuisine and local live music. We're not massive clubbers but wouldn't mind some more lively places than just eat -n -leave -restaurants
      Many thanks in advance

11 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 2:37 AM
    • danielribo's Profile Photo

Parking near the Riverside Hilton

New Orleans Dec 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I'll be staying at the Riverside Hilton in New Orleans and the parking charges are pretty hefty…

Can anyone recommend a more affordable place to leave the car overnight? I don't mind a bit of a walk.

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • yf_mty's Profile Photo

Accomodation in LFT

Lafayette Nov 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I am looking for accomodation for 2 people (non smoking and with no pets) in Lafayette. LA from Dec 24 to Dec 27 and from Dec 30 to Jan 01. Any suggestion will be appreciated for a clean and affordable place.

1 Answer Nov 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    • odelie's Profile Photo

One of my biggest dreams is to go to New Orleans : I will go there next year : advise me please.

New Orleans Nov 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM

The first thing I would like to say is Gob Bless New Orleans and its inhabitants.

You know when there was the Hurricane Katrina in 2005 , i was young, i was ten , and at that time from the French TV, I could only see , what French TV wanted us to know. Then as the years went by, I got more and more interested in that city. And what I can say today is that i've fallen in love with it . I'm 19 now, and i'm writting an essay on it . And believe me i love this amazing New Orleans, i feel like i need to go there , i must go there like something is calling me. So can you advise me some places to visit ? I would like to go to Congo Square and join some Festivals.

What must I not miss ?

6 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    • odelie's Profile Photo

One of my biggest dreams is to go to New Orleans : I will go there next year : advise me please.

New Orleans Nov 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM

The first thing I would like to say is Gob Bless New Orleans and its inhabitants.

You know when there was the Hurricane Katrina in 2005 , i was young, i was ten , and at that time from the French TV, I could only see , what French TV wanted us to know. Then as the years went by, I got more and more interested in that city. And what I can say today is that i've fallen in love with it . I'm 19 now, and i'm writting an essay on it . And believe me i love this amazing New Orleans, i feel like i need to go there , i must go there like something is calling me.
      So can you advise me some places to visit ? I would like to go to Congo Square and join some Festivals.

What must I not miss ?

• SarahD28's Profile Photo

First weekend of Mardi Gras?

New Orleans Nov 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM

me and group of friends are planning a trip to New Orleans FEB 13th-16th. I read that this falls on the first weekend of Mardi Gras. Im wondering if this is a good time to go and what to expect! Thanks in advance!! :)

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • Plantation Homes

New Orleans Nov 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

What would be the #1 Plantation Home to visit if you were just to visit one? thanks Kim

• Cafe Maspero

New Orleans Nov 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM

What's the scoop on this place?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    • valentines's Profile Photo

Mardi Gras fancy dress

New Orleans Nov 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Hi can you tell me is it necessary to dress up in red, gold and green for Mardi Gras or can you wear any other colours for a costume?

5 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    • American Indian Museum

Covington Nov 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I read about a museum featuring newly discovered artifacts and showcased the relationship between the Indians and french or Creole settlers. I'm reasonably sure that it was in the Covington area. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Hank

1 Answer Nov 6, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Beignets anyone?

New Orleans Oct 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I'm looking for suggestions for good places to get beignets in the CBD, French Qtr, or Lower Garden Dist. I've read Cafe du Monde is over-hyped so was planning to skip. I appreciate your help - friendships may be altered if I come back without the goods!

7 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM