Travel Answers
Los Molinos

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 65 minute layover in Madrid, Barajas to transfer from terminal 4 to 4S-- sufficient amount of time?

Madrid Jan 3, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hi everyone, and a happy new year to you all.

I recently booked a ticket from Toulouse, France to New York, USA, with a connection at Madrid.

I booked the ticket via a travel agency and the operating airline is Iberia (Air Nostrum for the Toulouse Madrid part, Iberia for the Madrid JFK part), however, i'm a little concerned about the transfer time from terminal 4 to 4S- my flight lands in Madrid at 11:25 at terminal 4, then the flight to JFK departs at 12:30, totalling up to one hour and five minutes between touch down and take off, a timeframe within which I have to get from the plane to the departure gate.

I've done my homework and read about the underground 5 minute train, but ideally I'd really like to have an account of someone who's faced the same transfer; is it possible in one hour ? I don't mind sprinting from A to B if that's what it takes, I'd just like to know it this is a /possible/ amount of time, so as to know if I should get a train down instead..

I'd be very grateful for any information anyone can bring to the matter.

Thanks to all who read :)

more