Los Angeles

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tours of Los Angeles

by ranjit22 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Hi can anyone please recommend a good tour of LA that cover the usual touristy things please?

more
    • millyprett23's Profile Photo

Hostels to stay in near Union Station LA

by millyprett23 Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Hello all!

I am flying into LAX next Sunday at 9pm and I am looking for a place to stay until I get my AMTRAX train from Union Station up to San Francisco on Tuesday morning.

I am planning to go straight from the airport to a hostel / hotel near Union station where I can sleep and recover from Jet lag. I want to stay by Union Station the following Monday day and night so I can be near by to collect my train on the tuesday morning.

Does anybody recommend the best / cheapest way to get from LAX to Union Station on a Sunday night?

Does anybody have any recommendations for places to stay near Union Station?

I am thinking a cheap and friendly youth hostel?

Also, what type of area is Union Station in?
      Are there any interesting places in walking distance?
      Coffee shops or parks where I can just chill for the afternoon?

I really look forward to hearing from you!
      Many thanks,

Milly, London

more
    • What to do in LA

by andres12 Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Hi, my name is Andres, and visiting L.A with wife and 2 yrs Little Sopha. too many places to visit, but what should i do or should go that i will enjoy with family, this is the first time in west coast, and dont know where to start..

more
    • where to stay?

by Mikey201 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM

hi am looking forward to going to los angeles this summer for about 7 nights and cant find where to stay. one plan i was thinking was stay in downtown LA (or somewhere around there idk ive never been) maybe hollywood or west hollywood for a couple nights but also want some good views cus i love to take pictures,and then stay in santa monica for a couple nights? probably not tho since that might be a little to expensive..plan on renting a car too because everything is far apart(so ive read)im a big tourist lol but i want to do all the stuff in hollywood,griffith park,go to staples center,santa monica the beach,the pier venice beach/boardwalk maybe see a movie at the beach,laguna beach bunch of stuff lol universal studios and anything else u guys might recommend? anybody know any hotels that offers the most value or bang for your buck.thanks

more
    • What to do in LA

by andres12 Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Hi, my name is Andres, and visiting L.A with wife and 2 yrs Little Sopha. too many places to visit, but what should i do or should go that i will enjoy with family, this is the first time in west coast, and dont know where to start..

6 Answers 3 hours ago
    • where to stay?

by Mikey201 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM

hi am looking forward to going to los angeles this summer for about 7 nights and cant find where to stay. one plan i was thinking was stay in downtown LA (or somewhere around there idk ive never been) maybe hollywood or west hollywood for a couple nights but also want some good views cus i love to take pictures,and then stay in santa monica for a couple nights? probably not tho since that might be a little to expensive..plan on renting a car too because everything is far apart(so ive read)im a big tourist lol but i want to do all the stuff in hollywood,griffith park,go to staples center,santa monica the beach,the pier venice beach/boardwalk maybe see a movie at the beach,laguna beach bunch of stuff lol universal studios and anything else u guys might recommend? anybody know any hotels that offers the most value or bang for your buck.thanks

11 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • Tours of Los Angeles

by ranjit22 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Hi can anyone please recommend a good tour of LA that cover the usual touristy things please?

4 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • millyprett23's Profile Photo

Hostels to stay in near Union Station LA

by millyprett23 Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Hello all!

I am flying into LAX next Sunday at 9pm and I am looking for a place to stay until I get my AMTRAX train from Union Station up to San Francisco on Tuesday morning.

I am planning to go straight from the airport to a hostel / hotel near Union station where I can sleep and recover from Jet lag. I want to stay by Union Station the following Monday day and night so I can be near by to collect my train on the tuesday morning.

Does anybody recommend the best / cheapest way to get from LAX to Union Station on a Sunday night?

Does anybody have any recommendations for places to stay near Union Station?

I am thinking a cheap and friendly youth hostel?

Also, what type of area is Union Station in?
      Are there any interesting places in walking distance?
      Coffee shops or parks where I can just chill for the afternoon?

I really look forward to hearing from you!
      Many thanks,

Milly, London

5 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    • First time in LA

by Kiwiland Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Will be there late April until early May, travelling as a family with two kids (aged 9 & 6 yrs old). We are thinking of staying at Hilton Garden in LA for 2 nights, is it convinience to visit Universal Studios, Walk of fame and other tourists attractions near by? will it be 3 days 2 nights enough as we would ilke to see Griffith Observatory, Chinatown or Little Tokyo also shopping at Citadel outlets. Is there any other places we should go? we are heading to Disneyland for 4 nights then San Diego for 3 nights before flying back to Auckland - NZ. Can you also recommend good reliable rental car? thank you in advance.

7 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • LAX tall buildings with free views

by TravelShooter Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I am stock shooter. I supply photos to educational textbooks, travel media.
      My March-April itinerary is SYD-BNE-MEL-HNL-LAX.
      At each location I am looking for free observation decks
      or high floor restaurants, hotels, office buildings where
      I can take city views -- no window better than window.
      Any advice from those "in the know" appreciated. Thanks!
      (am posting to each destination's forum, no cross posting intended)

7 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • free Los Angeles photo opportunities -- help with list

by TravelShooter Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Start of April, 5-night stay, using public transportation;
      want to photograph shopping, dining, attractions, culture, education, etc.
      real people doing real things, daily life, street scenes, etc.
      composed this list from Internet, is anything outdated or closed?
      Comments, advice, help adding to list appreciated!
      Using small hand held camera...
      Thanks!

1. Sunset Strip: legendary 1.5-mile stretch of Sunset Boulevard
      2. forecourt of TCL Chinese Theatre, Movie fans compare their hands and feet to those of stars
      3. Madame Tussauds Hollywood wax figure on display near the box office entrance off Hollywood Blvd
      4. Chainsaw jugglers, swamis on rollerblades, street dancers, amazing street entertainers Venice Beach
      5. Window shop Rodeo Drive: Beverly Hills
      6. Griffith Observatory: exhibitions, Griffith Park
      7. LA’s Fashion District: premier shopping
      8. 5 cultural attractions within walking distance in USC/Exposition Park
      9. LA’s murals in Metro Stations
      10. El Pueblo Historical Monument: LA’s birthplace original settlement
      11. Olvera Street: shop, mariachi music, folkloric dances, Mexican restaurants. Avila Adobe, oldest existing house in LA. Other historic buildings include Old Plaza Church, Old Plaza Firehouse.
      12. Leimert Park Village, Crenshaw dist., African Amer shops, galleries, coffee shops, restaurants, jazz clubs
      13. Chinatown, culture, galleries, Chung King Road, hip and young
      14. Little Ethiopia, culture
      15. Little Tokyo, culture
      16. The NoHo Arts District (North Hollywood) square-mile, galleries, public art, theaters, boutiques, vintage clothing stores, ethnic restaurants, outdoor cafes
      17. Watts Towers: 33-yr work by Italian immigrant, 17 interconnected structures, American Naive art

15 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • LA experts needed :) which attractions in Los Angeles are easily accessible by public transport?

by lalah20 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I am an 19 year old female who will be travelling to Los Angeles this August with my friend who is also a girl and the same age as me.

Before all the "you cant survive in LA without a car" comments, I would like to make it clear that I cannot drive in my own country (UK) let alone in the USA. Also, I wouldn't be old enough to rent a car.

I will be staying minutes from Hollywood Boulevard. Obviously we would like to go to all the different touristic attractions such as Universal studios, disneyland and magic mountains etc, but how difficult would it be to go to these places by public transport?
      I would also like to visit chinatown/olvera street/j-town... are these also easy to get to by public transport? and how about beverly hills/venice beach/santa monica?

Is it safe to visit East LA? I would like to visit Mariachi Plaza in Boyle Heights to hear the mariachi play music but there are mixed opinions regarding this area.

Lastly, what kind of people use public transport? and should I dress down when using the bus/metro? LOL dont be offended, its just that British people worry too much.
      Thanks.

7 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM
    • norhan.hakky's Profile Photo

Is the universal studio all about rides?

by norhan.hakky Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I have never been to Disney Land or Disney World & wanna go with my husband and a 9 mons baby! Is it all about rides? or are there things I can do? or I'd better save the money till she is older?

5 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    • Sugarpies's Profile Photo

Looking for honest / trustworthy Single parent travelling to LOS Angeles with young children

by Sugarpies Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 2:00 AM

hi Looking for Honset trustworthy single parent travelling to LOS Angeles with young children to travel togther with me

(removed by Staff)

4 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    • Sugarpies's Profile Photo

LOS ANGELES

by Sugarpies Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'll be travelling with my 2 young kids age 7-10yrs old, to USA, LosAngeles frm 16March 2014 to 23Mrch 2014

. My Questions is it safe for me to travel around Los angles with my 2 young kids?

how do I get around frm anaheim to downtown LA?

how can i go to San diego frm Anaheim?. factory outlet how can I go to Vegas frm Anaheim? how do i buy disneyland, universal studio, knotts tickets
      tqs u

(Removed by Staff)

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    • sharrison4's Profile Photo

Recommended itenerary for CA coast roadtrip?

by sharrison4 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Hello VTs! My family is planning a trip up the CA coast from the LA area north to SF. Any advice on where to stop, what to see and when to go would be appreciated! We have a 7-10 day timeframe including flying in and out from D/FW.

Some things we really want to add in are: Disney, Big Sur for horseback riding and seeing redwoods.

It's so awesome to be able to receive advice from well traveled people. Thank you. :)

6 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • Unsafe areas in Los Angeles

by Chrislad2014 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Hi there i know this question is probably asked lots. But when i travel to cities i don't just stick to tourist areas. I like to do ALOT of walking. And i also mean walking outside the main tourist areas. So which places would be relatively unsafe at night? For example i went to NYC last year and walked right up around the bronx etc late in the evening and never had any hassle at all. Thanks

6 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    • Simona76's Profile Photo

Hollywood on Oscar-day?

by Simona76 Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 3:17 AM

I'm going to LA in March. I'll arrive on the same day (unfortunately) as the Acedemy Award show will be held, and my hotel is right behind the Dolby Theatre.
      Does anyone know what time the guests starts to arrive (red carpet) and will it be possible to see anything from the street? I assume Hollywood Boulevard will be closed that day or what?

1 Answer Jan 16, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • What to do in LA on April?

by ZawanahM Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi, I am planning to go to LA in April '14. I am wondering what to do there and where to stay? Being a tourist, I am hoping to visit its touristy area and of coz Hollywood and Disneyland.
      So please advise where to stay and shop in LA.

How do I move about in LA via public transport?

5 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • How to travel around LA via trains and buses?

by ZawanahM Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 5:50 AM

How to get around LA by trains and buses?

by ZawanahM seconds ago

Noted that all the places stated below are located far apart. I am planning to stay near LAX hotel therefore, need help on how to get to the places below via trains and buses? Preferably trains unless no choice. Thanks.
      1) Malibu Beach
      2) Long Beach
      3) Hollywood Sign (closes to see the full sign though noted its uphill and fenced)
      4) Universal Studios
      5) Disneyland
      6) KoreaTown
      7) Hollywood Walk (With Celebrities hand print on the floors)

Plus, where is the best shopping district in LA?
      What are the places to visit in LA? And are there any local delicacies to try while in LA?

8 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    • Paying in cash for tours

by jvg40 Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Hi my and husband and i are arriving in LA in March and staying in Orange Grove we usually take US dollars with us and pay for all our tours with cash so if we book Universal Studios for example where do we go to pay for the tickets as we wanted to book our tours by phone when we arrive there. Coming in from Australia. Thanks

8 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • west hollywood or hollywood for hotel

by sgrieve Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Hi there,
      I am taking my 19 year old Canadian actor daughter for 1 week to LA to 'live her dream' and wondered if someone could tell me whether it would be better to stay at the Roosevelt hotel in Hollywood or at the Chamberlain hotel in West Hollywood? She wants to feel what it would be like to live in LA but we also want to do some of the touristy things and I am wondering if there is more to do in particular at night in Hollywood than west hollywood? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

12 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 3:49 AM
    • ZeekLTK's Profile Photo

How easy/reliable is the LA Metro?

by ZeekLTK Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM

As the title says - how easy is it to take the Metro in LA, and how reliable is it? We're going for the Rose Bowl and considering staying in the downtown area to be able to take the metro to the stadium. Is that going to be feasible?

I've used metros in Chicago, New York, and London before - how does LA's compare to these? Also, any advice on cheapest way to use it? Is there a day pass or anything? Any kind of deals that might make sense for someone who is only going to be in town 2 days?

Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    • leashfour's Profile Photo

advice on terminal change at LAX

by leashfour Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM

We're flying United from SLC to LAX on 1/29 arriving at 7:05 am @ Terminal 8. Our Hawaiian Airlines flight is at 8:40 am from Terminal 2. I know we'll have to exit the airport and go back through security — and they won't transfer our bags, so we'll have to do that ourselves.

Originally we had almost 2.5 hours between flights, but both airlines have changed their times. I'm a little stressed and United won't let us switch our flight to the day before.

Someone had suggested exiting baggage claim at Terminal 7/8, getting a cab to Terminal 2. Then using the Skycap services — or Hawaiian Airlines web check-in bag drop — to expedite that process.

Does anyone have a sense of whether this is possible?

8 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • How to buy a cruise package for someone?

by jweimusic Online Now Dec 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM

It's a close family members birthday coming up. I want to pay for their trip on a cruise to mexico from LA. How can I book their trip and pay for it without myself being on the trip?

3 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    • ZeekLTK's Profile Photo

Cheapest East Coast airport to fly to LA area from?

by ZeekLTK Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Michigan State just clinched a spot in the Rose Bowl last night! So I'm looking into how to get to Pasadena for the game. The thing is, we are driving back from Michigan to Maine the weekend of the 28th-29th, so it's entirely feasible that I could get dropped off to fly out of any airport along the way. Any of these airports would be possible to fly from: Toledo, Cleveland, Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Worcester, Boston, Portsmouth, or Portland.

I've also heard there are a lot of other airports besides LAX to fly into (ONT, SNA, LGB, BUR, etc.)

So, trying to look into all possible combinations to find the cheapest flight seems pretty daunting. Anyone have some advice on which two airports might have the cheapest fare between them? Boston to LAX seems a likely candidate, but how about any others?

5 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    • Location Location

by harrywill Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Three mates and I have managed to break free from our wives in July 2014 to do the route 66 tour. At the completion of the tour we have decided to stay in Los Angeles for 4 days before flying home to Australia. Can anyone help with best location for accommodation (not too expensive) and places we should priorities to visit, regards Lance (By the way our age group is an active 65 to 70)

4 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    • Turkish speaking guide

by can.tiga Online Now Dec 3, 2013 at 7:03 AM

How can I find a guide who knows Turkish in between 14 March - 22 March 2014 in Los Angeles?

4 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    • Cycling in LA

by namka13 Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Is it a good idea to explore the city on bicycle?

4 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    • VickiQ's Profile Photo

in tranatsit at LAX international airport

by VickiQ Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Hello. .I will be in transit in LAX for 9 hours. I do need to pick up my luggage before checking in onto my next flight. I was wondering if I can leave the airport for a few hours. I was thinking of catching a cab, round trip, and going to Santa Monica and back again. Any one know if this would be possible?

12 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    • GermiD's Profile Photo

Public transportation in LA

by GermiD Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Hello all! I've seen so many great comments. Thanks! I'll be in LA in late March/early April 2014, I won't have a car. Is it safe to use public transportation such as the metro?
      I'm kinda lost, I've seen so many reviews! I understand that Skid Row and Compton are pretty unsafe to go but given that I'm a tourist I don't think I'll be going there. Thank you everyone.

13 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    • Help Please : Best Ross store - Designer Brand Availability

by samleo Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Ross on 1DEC2013 -Sunday (Weekend) around 4.00pm. Which of the following would be best option in terms of designer clothes and accessories (Men+Women) availability as well as waiting in queue:

1. 1360 Westwood Blvd

2. Beverly connection mall in 8489 W 3rd St. Where Ross, Macy's and Marshalls located. But been told that there is no designer clothes and accessories here.

3. 719 S Broadway. This store recently opened and looks good. But bit concerned to move in downtown after 9.00 pm.
      Many thanks for your help and response.

- Sam

5 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    • whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Hertz Rental

by whistleshrill Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Hi there

My family and I will be travelling to LA this Dec. Due to the tight schedule, I would like to speed up the rental car pickup process as much as possible. May I know if by joining the free Hertz Gold Membership, I will be able to just pickup the rental car and go or do I have to wait in the line? I heard that the line at LAX can go beyond 1 hour. This is a huge problem as we are joining some local tours in about 4 hours from landing.

May I know if the exit from LAX immigrations usually takes long since it is a popular destination for tourists.

We will be flying quite a lot over in the US so may I know if a 2 hours arrival at the airport before the flight is sufficient?
      Over here in Singapore, we usually just have to arrive 2 hours before the flight with some free time left still.

Also, may I know if domestic flights by Delta or American Airline is more recommended?

Thank you so much for all your kind help.

7 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    • Simona76's Profile Photo

Check-out time at hotel ?

by Simona76 Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I'll be staying at a hotel in Beverly Hills for a week and my check-out time is at 12 pm. But my plane home departs at 9 pm and my shuttle van is picking me up at about 5.30 pm. Does that mean that I don't have anywhere to stay between 12 and 5.30? Do I have to walk around town with all my luggage for 5 hours?

10 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM