Travel Answers
Los Angeles

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration – Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.

by sliang1109 Online Now Dec 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM

1) How early should we be there to get in the line?

2) the info webpage musiccenter.org/tickets/Cale... states the "Parking under The Music Center is free". However, the Music Center website ->Plan Your Visit ->Parking lists all parking options including rates, NOT free. Can someone tell me is the free parking is just for the County Holiday Celebration? If so,

3) How to enter "Parking under the The Music Center" Also, we are visiting LA Dec.22-26, is this event worth our time? Thanks.

more
    • Parking for Laker's Game

by sliang1109 Online Now Dec 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My family of four are going to watch a Laker's game on Dec. 23rd, need your advice on where to park. We don't mind walking a few blocks, but of course need your advice if it's safe to walk. The game starts at 7:30pm, so it'd be 10:30pm or later when it ends.

Thank you very much.

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

airport times

by gapiffy Online Now Dec 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

hi -- we will be flying into lax at 2pm(predicted time) on an air new zealand flight from australia . we then want to catch an internal flight lax to dallas with virgin america at 520pm--- is that enough time to get to the internal airport and get cleared through customs and allow for delays etc ?== thanks for your help

more
    • taryn21's Profile Photo

Quickest route from LA to San Diego

by taryn21 Online Now Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Online, I'm seeing traffic delays and construction along the I-5 from LAX to San Diego. We'll be traveling that route on Dec 1/14, flight getting in at 2pm. Recommendations from locals on the quickest route? Google maps recommends the 405 & I5. Is that correct?

more
    • Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration – Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.

by sliang1109 Online Now Dec 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM

1) How early should we be there to get in the line?

2) the info webpage musiccenter.org/tickets/Cale... states the "Parking under The Music Center is free". However, the Music Center website ->Plan Your Visit ->Parking lists all parking options including rates, NOT free. Can someone tell me is the free parking is just for the County Holiday Celebration? If so,

3) How to enter "Parking under the The Music Center" Also, we are visiting LA Dec.22-26, is this event worth our time? Thanks.

2 Answers 20 hours ago
    • Parking for Laker's Game

by sliang1109 Online Now Dec 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My family of four are going to watch a Laker's game on Dec. 23rd, need your advice on where to park. We don't mind walking a few blocks, but of course need your advice if it's safe to walk. The game starts at 7:30pm, so it'd be 10:30pm or later when it ends.

Thank you very much.

5 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

airport times

by gapiffy Online Now Dec 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

hi -- we will be flying into lax at 2pm(predicted time) on an air new zealand flight from australia . we then want to catch an internal flight lax to dallas with virgin america at 520pm--- is that enough time to get to the internal airport and get cleared through customs and allow for delays etc ?== thanks for your help

7 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • taryn21's Profile Photo

Quickest route from LA to San Diego

by taryn21 Online Now Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Online, I'm seeing traffic delays and construction along the I-5 from LAX to San Diego. We'll be traveling that route on Dec 1/14, flight getting in at 2pm. Recommendations from locals on the quickest route? Google maps recommends the 405 & I5. Is that correct?

9 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • Fun in Los Angeles

by XavierV Online Now Nov 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Where is the best club in LA to go out and meet some new friends?

1 Answer Nov 13, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • Visit Time

by Singa01 Online Now Oct 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM

What is the best time to visit to Los Angeles?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • ArdaG's Profile Photo

Where to go

by ArdaG Online Now Sep 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I will be in Los Angeles for 3 days beginning of October and than 5 days in Las Vegas, I read to many suggestions but every time i like to try different things. So, what is suggestion for places to go, night life etc. Thank you.

3 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    • 2-3 weeks accommodation wanted in LA

by Jamesny90 Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Hello guys - I'll be in Los Angeles for 2 or 3 weeks in february, i know it's a while away but i'm just looking in to accommodation now. I was wondering if anyone knew of good places to stay for relatively cheap. rooms to rent / short terms rentals etc. Ideally It would be fairly central but would look further so long as it's close and a nice area, my budget would be a max of $1300, thanks!

4 Answers Sep 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • Hknoruc's Profile Photo

Crossfit Near Westwood

by Hknoruc Online Now Sep 8, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Can you recommend the best place for crossfit near UCLA westwood

2 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    • Hknoruc's Profile Photo

Housing Options

by Hknoruc Online Now Sep 8, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Im coming to UCLA extension. Do you recommend home stay or shared apertments for my first time in LA?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • MargaretV2's Profile Photo

late checkout

by MargaretV2 Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the radisson resort buena park has a late checkout. Wanting to checkout at 8 pm. How much would it be. Or would i have to pay for an extra night? Thanks heaps. Aprecciate your replies.

5 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Rental Car Ideas

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Renting a car in LA and driving up the coast for a week appears to be very very expensive. Any suggestions?
      Thanks, Andrea

5 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Driving along the west coast in April

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:46 PM

We are planning our April vacation along the West Coast. We wanted to fly into LA or San F and drive up or down. Which do you recommend in April?

We've put together a tentative itinerary, does this sound right?

2 days in LA to Venice Beach, Malibu
      1 day in Santa Barbara to Pismo Beach, Solvang, San Luis Obispo,
      1 day at Morro Bay Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Hearst Castle,
      1 day in Monterey to see Cannery Row, Old Town, Point Joe's and Fish Wife Restaurant
      4 days in San Francisco

Any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Anything else we must see? Is the Winchester House worth going out of our way for or will Hearst be enough?

Thanks in Advance! Andrea

8 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    • MargaretV2's Profile Photo

metro bus:-)

by MargaretV2 Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Is there a bus that stops outside the Hilton lax to go to Manhattan beach

6 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • Missyk12's Profile Photo

Hotel's in L.A.

by Missyk12 Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I'm going to L.A. for the first time in October. I'm wanting to book a room prior to going, but I'm concerned about booking in an area that I may not be comfortable staying. I would like something close to all the main attractions, walk of fame and such.Nothing elaborate, simple like a Holiday Inn.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

10 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • z28's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by z28 Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Hi Folks,
      we will arrive in LA on nov. 4 and i guess we stay for 3 nights. Were looking for a good located Hotel, max. 90$/night.
      Not to far from Int. Airport, Universal Studios, Walk of Fame if possible.

tnx 4ur input

21 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • LA Mum and 14 year old son

by Lilly_Oz Online Now Aug 24, 2014 at 3:45 AM

My teenage son and I are traveling to LA in September. Itinerary so far:
      Day 1 Arrive LAX from Australia and fly to Las Vegas should arrive about 2.00pm -
      Day 2 Las Vegas see the sights, shopping Premium outlet, show etc
      Day 3 Drive to Grand Canyon South stay overnight
      Day 4 Grand Canyon mule ride and drive back to Las Vegas
      Day 5 Fly Las Vegas to LAX shuttle to Anaheim - get there about 2.00pm shopping ?? Outet store or shopping centre - suggestions please. Staying at Carousel Inn
      Day 6 Disneyland
      Day 7 California Adventure Land
      Day 8 Legoland - not sure whether to drive or go by shuttle bus??
      Day 9 Shuttle to LAX then to accommodation (Booked into Elan - not sure if this is the right location) Shopping, Farmers Market and The Grove is close by I believe?? We would like to buy clothes and nike shoes etc. Is Citadel Outlet worth going to?
      Day 10 Universal Studios
      Day 11 Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre, Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach, Santa Monica and maybe Malibu - 7.30pm LA Kings Hockey game at Staples Centre (tickets booked)
      Day 12 Warner Brothers, Red Line Bus Tour, Griffith Observatory, Hollywood Sign, Madam Tussauds
      Day 13 ?? we fly out at 11.45pm ? Hollywood Museum

Advice please as to whether I have grouped the LA sites correctly or have missed anything that teenager might enjoy. We will hire a car, but if we can stay somewhere that we don't need a vehicle each day please advise. I was thinking of buying a 5 day Go Card Los Angeles which will cover Legoland, Universal, Warner Brothers plus others but have been told I need to buy a Front of Line Pass for Universal and assume that you can't upgrade to this with the Go Card??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

11 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • UK tourist please help :)

by BANKSEY Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Hey Guys, I would really love to know where the best places to stay in Califor' are i read there are around 40 cities here and all the beaches its hard to choose the best? I m here for 7 nights and spending 7 nights in vegas, im from the UK. I m coming in October, i really wanne see Hollywood and the attractions but I can see Malibu is 40 mins away roughly, and long beach is close to hollywood to stay, I have a car so can travel easy enough, Please help! x Santa Monica looks awesome to... but where to stay should i split the nights up and do a couple....... :)

12 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • Family restaurants in Hollywood

by Pppbln Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 7:11 PM

What are some decent family friendly restaurants in the Hollywood area?

6 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • glo3's Profile Photo

Hearst Castle from L.A. in one day?

by glo3 Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM

We were wondering if it was feasible to drive up to Hearst Castle (San Simeon) and back from L.A. in one day? We figure we can see the place in 2 - 3 hours.

5 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM
    • 8 days in September...never been....what to do and where to stay!?

by cara2379 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi,

Will be travelling with my friend for 8 days in Sept. Neither of us have ever been to LA/California and apart from what we have seen on tv don't have any ideas on the to-dos while we are there! Any suggestions we would really welcome.....also is there anywhere that you would recommend travelling to while we are there? Thinking of a drive to Vegas for 2 days maybe but if there are better suggestions would be eager to look into other options!

On another note, we arrive at 8pm after travelling from Ireland. Where is the best place to stay for night one? Cant imagine we will be up for doing anything too crazy but would like to see something California-ish when we wake up the following morning! Beach or Hollywood? Hotel recommendations?

Like i said, new to LA so totally open to options!

Thanks in advance :-)

16 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Scenic Drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles

by apbeaches Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Understand the drive along the California coast is amazing; have a few questions for anyone that is familiar:
      1 - Best time of year / weather to drive December or April?
      2 - Any special stops; cities, hotels, restaurants? What shouldn't we miss?
      3 - Understand direct route is 5.5 hours, how much time should be devote to this?
      4- Any other thoughts?
      Many thanks! Andrea

9 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • lallarebecca's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

by lallarebecca Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM

In mid-novermber I will come for 3 nights to L.A. for the first time with my mom.

I have been looking around various bookingsites to find the perfect accomodation, but there is such a wide variety and upon that comes the question of which area to choose for a first-timer?

I´ll be happy for all your advice.

We are looking for something which is clean, has decent service, in a good location and somewhere between 2-4 stars. We are mostly staying in 4-stars, but the most important thing is that the place is clean. Our budget would be around 350 dollars per night or slightly more if value is great. If you have any cheaper tips that are good they are very welcome as well of course.

We´ll be renting a car on our day after arrival so if the place is not too far from an Avis or Hertz office that would be great, or else at least, be near local transportation that could take us to such a place.

Since we´ll be having a car, I´d appreciate if the parking fee at the recommended hotels are not ridiculously expensive, though I know parking in L.A. hotels generally are expensive.

Great thanks in advance!

8 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • ScotsSunseeker's Profile Photo

Redondo Beach

by ScotsSunseeker Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Hi again and thanks for the answers to my previous query, all very helpful.

Ok, Redondo Beach, really want to visit here and tried before but my wife was put off when the train stopped at the raised station and she couldn't see any transport link to take us to into the city. So, is this the only way to get to Redondo or is there a bus link from Downtown? I have done some searching and now realise that all we had to do was go downstairs from the station to catch a bus but I am curious as to any other way of getting there. We love bus journeys as we enjoy seeing a city this way.

Thanks in advance, Phil.

4 Answers Nov 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM
    • Need Tours/trips advise

by AlexandraA5 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 5:26 AM

I'm planning to visit my family in LA this year, was wondering... while I'm there , can I book a trip to LVegas and Grand Canion from local travel agent ? it is worth the money, or its better to book on-line ? Answers highly appreciated.

6 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • Additional tours/ trips from LA

by AlexandraA5 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 4:12 AM

I'm planning to visit my family in LA this year, was wondering... while I'm there , can I book a trip to LVegas and Grand Canion from local travel agent ? it is worth the money, or its better to book on-line ? Answers highly appreciated.

7 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • LAX- I have tight schedule arriving at terminal 1 @ 7:25A, how long to rent car?

by DavidM2001 Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 4:28 PM

I'm arriving at LAX term 1 @ 7:25A (on a Monday), How long will it take to get in a car and on my way if I have car reserved at one of the car rentals. Anyone know how busy it is that time of day?

6 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • Day tour via private limo/hummer

by ribba39 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Hi,
      3 Aussie males traveling to LA in September.
      Would like some help in regards to hiring a limo or Hummer for about 4-5 hours to see the sights.

Has anyone got any recommendations please.

2 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Must see L.A.?

by lallarebecca Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I´ll be coming for the first time to L.A. in mid-November for 3 days and would like to know what are the must-see, and must-visit places?

I have guidebooks at home but a short list from you people would make it so much easier to sum it up!

By the way, what should we consider when driving in L.A.? Is it hard to get a parkingspot downtown or near popular sights?

Thanks in advance! :)

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Hotel recommendation L.A.?

by lallarebecca Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 4:52 AM

I´m coming for the first time to L.A. with my mother in mid-November for a 3 days visit before heading on a cruise, and wonder if anyone has got recommendations for nice hotels?

We´ll be renting a car as well, what are the best options for parking? I guess the top-end and better hotels might be charging a hefty amount for valetparking? Is it generally worth paying that to stay in one of the better places or what would you say?

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM