change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jess.chewter's Profile Photo

Weather and clothing choices

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM

My family and I are coming to America in October. We will be visiting Los Angeles, San Antonio and Orlando. I'm wondering what the weather is like at that point of time and what type of clothing would were able to pack.

more

October Weather

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I am wondering what the weather is like in October in Los Angeles and what type of clothing we would need at that time of the year

more
    • Where did we take this picture? Hollywood sign

by SamAlexander92 Online Now Feb 10, 2015 at 3:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm a British guy and this is a photo of me with my mom and sister in L.A. http://i.imgur.com/x7rnZ8R.jpg
      20 years later, I'm going back - very excited!

I'd love to go back to the same place and take a photo and I'm struggling to match the angle/location on Google Maps/Earth. Does anyone know or have any clues as to where we were standing?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Sam,
      @Sam__Alexander

more

Accomodation

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 10:14 PM

I am also wondering if anyone can recommend any accommodation central to Disneyland and Universal Studios that is family friendly, if not kid aimed. Im also hoping for one that offers a baby sitting service so that my husband and I could have a night out

more

Contact Mobile Number

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Well I have a bit of a weird question. Were from Australia and will be bringing my husbands mobile with us. Were wanting to make a necklace each for the kids with the number on it, incase they get lost when we happen to be out.
      What I am wanting to know is how would someone in America call an Australian number that is being used in America. So for example our number could look like 0419990990, how would it be called there?

more
    • Tranfer times at LAX

by Paul.Chafer Online Now Feb 13, 2015 at 8:23 PM

I will be arriving at LAX on an Air New Zealand flight on 14th September at 0900. I would like to catch a connecting Delta flight to New Orleans, which departs from terminal 5 at 1100.
      Would I have enough time to clear immigration and customs to be able to catch the 1100 Delta flight?

more
    • mfas2000's Profile Photo

TRIP Advice LA/SF -Vegas!

by mfas2000 Online Now Feb 9, 2015 at 1:42 AM

Hello Guys
      We plan to be in Vegas from 22-26 Feb and then head to CA for another 4 days. Unfortunately we cant change the itinerary for more time in CA. so in CA we planning SF and LA. its our first time in West coast and my wife into shopping (hence in LA) and im into sightseeing , city walk , and maybe shows too!
      1-would 2 ddays each at SF and LA suitable to see major attractions? if not suggest a split..
      2-the easiest way to reach between both cities and details.. driving is not a viable option maybe since time is short
      3- What to do in both cities given the time constraint and no car rental. I Understand that LA is big and spread out
      4-in case you can help with Vegas stay (what to do , etc), would be happy to hear suggestions, too!
      regards

more

Where should we stay in LA?

by mfas2000 Online Now Feb 12, 2015 at 11:13 AM

we will be there for 3.5 days ( i know not enough) , and would like to cover as much as possible. most PROBABLY WE DONT HAVE A CAR. Not interested in the theme parks...SO DOWNTOWN , hollywood, venice canal, olvera and some beach fronts like Santa monica or Santa Barbara , malibu..appreciate your advice

more

Universal Studios/ Disneyland in Orlando or Los Angeles

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 2:06 PM

We are going to America in October and are going to be going to Los Angeles, San Antonio and Orlando.

Our kids will be 5 and 6 and we are wondering what is the difference between the unuversal studios and Disneyland in Orlando in comparison to Los angeles and which one is better.

more

October Weather

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I am wondering what the weather is like in October in Los Angeles and what type of clothing we would need at that time of the year

3 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Contact Mobile Number

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Well I have a bit of a weird question. Were from Australia and will be bringing my husbands mobile with us. Were wanting to make a necklace each for the kids with the number on it, incase they get lost when we happen to be out.
      What I am wanting to know is how would someone in America call an Australian number that is being used in America. So for example our number could look like 0419990990, how would it be called there?

5 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 7:53 PM
    • Tranfer times at LAX

by Paul.Chafer Online Now Feb 13, 2015 at 8:23 PM

I will be arriving at LAX on an Air New Zealand flight on 14th September at 0900. I would like to catch a connecting Delta flight to New Orleans, which departs from terminal 5 at 1100.
      Would I have enough time to clear immigration and customs to be able to catch the 1100 Delta flight?

5 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 3:02 PM

by mfas2000 Online Now Feb 12, 2015 at 11:13 AM

we will be there for 3.5 days ( i know not enough) , and would like to cover as much as possible. most PROBABLY WE DONT HAVE A CAR. Not interested in the theme parks...SO DOWNTOWN , hollywood, venice canal, olvera and some beach fronts like Santa monica or Santa Barbara , malibu..appreciate your advice

13 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 7:48 PM
    • Where did we take this picture? Hollywood sign

by SamAlexander92 Online Now Feb 10, 2015 at 3:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm a British guy and this is a photo of me with my mom and sister in L.A. http://i.imgur.com/x7rnZ8R.jpg
      20 years later, I'm going back - very excited!

I'd love to go back to the same place and take a photo and I'm struggling to match the angle/location on Google Maps/Earth. Does anyone know or have any clues as to where we were standing?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Sam,
      @Sam__Alexander

3 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 9:52 PM

TRIP Advice LA/SF -Vegas!

by mfas2000 Online Now Feb 9, 2015 at 1:42 AM

Hello Guys
      We plan to be in Vegas from 22-26 Feb and then head to CA for another 4 days. Unfortunately we cant change the itinerary for more time in CA. so in CA we planning SF and LA. its our first time in West coast and my wife into shopping (hence in LA) and im into sightseeing , city walk , and maybe shows too!
      1-would 2 ddays each at SF and LA suitable to see major attractions? if not suggest a split..
      2-the easiest way to reach between both cities and details.. driving is not a viable option maybe since time is short
      3- What to do in both cities given the time constraint and no car rental. I Understand that LA is big and spread out
      4-in case you can help with Vegas stay (what to do , etc), would be happy to hear suggestions, too!
      regards

12 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Universal Studios/ Disneyland in Orlando or Los Angeles

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 2:06 PM

We are going to America in October and are going to be going to Los Angeles, San Antonio and Orlando.

Our kids will be 5 and 6 and we are wondering what is the difference between the unuversal studios and Disneyland in Orlando in comparison to Los angeles and which one is better.

13 Answers Feb 9, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Weather and clothing choices

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM

My family and I are coming to America in October. We will be visiting Los Angeles, San Antonio and Orlando. I'm wondering what the weather is like at that point of time and what type of clothing would were able to pack.

2 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Accomodation

by jess.chewter Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 10:14 PM

I am also wondering if anyone can recommend any accommodation central to Disneyland and Universal Studios that is family friendly, if not kid aimed. Im also hoping for one that offers a baby sitting service so that my husband and I could have a night out

4 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 10:10 AM
    • enough time for terminal change at LAX??

by idnarb Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM

I have not came through LAX before and am not familiar with typical times to go between terminals and security. I have to switch flights from delta in terminal 2 to Hawaiian airlines in terminal 5 in 57 minutes (if everything is exactly on time) I will not have any checked bags. Would you guys mind advising on if you think this is a wise decision or should I try to change?

4 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    • Disneyland & Universal Studios

by crazymum Online Now Dec 31, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Many thanks for all the helpful postings

Thinking of visiting early June

Where is the best place to stay to visit Disneyland & Universal Studios - is it LA itself or within the theme parks - haven't got endless $ but sometimes it works out cheaper to stay in a resort once parking is added on.

How long does it take to drive from one Disneyland to Universal?

Where is the best place to book hotels via Trivago and where is the cheapest and most reliable place to purchase tickets. We live in the UK - did think of buying through Costco which we have UK membership for

All tips much appreciated

Many thanks

Happy New Year

5 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 10:11 AM
    • Off the beaten track tourism

by crazymum Online Now Dec 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Any suggestions for this area that are safe and a bit different - say within 150 radius - don't fancy Hearst Castle - reviews seem to suggest that it is over priced

4 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • 5 day stay

by labanvanh Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Hey,
      is was wondering if staying 5 days in LA is a good idea? Will i have enough time to visit the highlights or is it going to be a bit too long?

8 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    • rosieweasley's Profile Photo

what is this street called?

by rosieweasley Online Now Dec 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM

dfsee.com/gallery/guide/usa-... I wanna know what's this street in Los Angeles, thanks :)

9 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration – Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.

by sliang1109 Online Now Dec 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM

1) How early should we be there to get in the line?

2) the info webpage musiccenter.org/tickets/Cale... states the "Parking under The Music Center is free". However, the Music Center website ->Plan Your Visit ->Parking lists all parking options including rates, NOT free. Can someone tell me is the free parking is just for the County Holiday Celebration? If so,

3) How to enter "Parking under the The Music Center" Also, we are visiting LA Dec.22-26, is this event worth our time? Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • Parking for Laker's Game

by sliang1109 Online Now Dec 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My family of four are going to watch a Laker's game on Dec. 23rd, need your advice on where to park. We don't mind walking a few blocks, but of course need your advice if it's safe to walk. The game starts at 7:30pm, so it'd be 10:30pm or later when it ends.

Thank you very much.

5 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

airport times

by gapiffy Online Now Dec 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

hi -- we will be flying into lax at 2pm(predicted time) on an air new zealand flight from australia . we then want to catch an internal flight lax to dallas with virgin america at 520pm--- is that enough time to get to the internal airport and get cleared through customs and allow for delays etc ?== thanks for your help

7 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • taryn21's Profile Photo

Quickest route from LA to San Diego

by taryn21 Online Now Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Online, I'm seeing traffic delays and construction along the I-5 from LAX to San Diego. We'll be traveling that route on Dec 1/14, flight getting in at 2pm. Recommendations from locals on the quickest route? Google maps recommends the 405 & I5. Is that correct?

9 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • Fun in Los Angeles

by XavierV Online Now Nov 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Where is the best club in LA to go out and meet some new friends?

1 Answer Nov 13, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • Visit Time

by Singa01 Online Now Oct 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM

What is the best time to visit to Los Angeles?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • ArdaG's Profile Photo

Where to go

by ArdaG Online Now Sep 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I will be in Los Angeles for 3 days beginning of October and than 5 days in Las Vegas, I read to many suggestions but every time i like to try different things. So, what is suggestion for places to go, night life etc. Thank you.

3 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    • 2-3 weeks accommodation wanted in LA

by Jamesny90 Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Hello guys - I'll be in Los Angeles for 2 or 3 weeks in february, i know it's a while away but i'm just looking in to accommodation now. I was wondering if anyone knew of good places to stay for relatively cheap. rooms to rent / short terms rentals etc. Ideally It would be fairly central but would look further so long as it's close and a nice area, my budget would be a max of $1300, thanks!

4 Answers Sep 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • Hknoruc's Profile Photo

Crossfit Near Westwood

by Hknoruc Online Now Sep 8, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Can you recommend the best place for crossfit near UCLA westwood

2 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    • Hknoruc's Profile Photo

Housing Options

by Hknoruc Online Now Sep 8, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Im coming to UCLA extension. Do you recommend home stay or shared apertments for my first time in LA?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • MargaretV2's Profile Photo

late checkout

by MargaretV2 Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the radisson resort buena park has a late checkout. Wanting to checkout at 8 pm. How much would it be. Or would i have to pay for an extra night? Thanks heaps. Aprecciate your replies.

5 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Rental Car Ideas

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Renting a car in LA and driving up the coast for a week appears to be very very expensive. Any suggestions?
      Thanks, Andrea

5 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Driving along the west coast in April

by apbeaches Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 12:46 PM

We are planning our April vacation along the West Coast. We wanted to fly into LA or San F and drive up or down. Which do you recommend in April?

We've put together a tentative itinerary, does this sound right?

2 days in LA to Venice Beach, Malibu
      1 day in Santa Barbara to Pismo Beach, Solvang, San Luis Obispo,
      1 day at Morro Bay Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Hearst Castle,
      1 day in Monterey to see Cannery Row, Old Town, Point Joe's and Fish Wife Restaurant
      4 days in San Francisco

Any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Anything else we must see? Is the Winchester House worth going out of our way for or will Hearst be enough?

Thanks in Advance! Andrea

8 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    • MargaretV2's Profile Photo

metro bus:-)

by MargaretV2 Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Is there a bus that stops outside the Hilton lax to go to Manhattan beach

6 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • Missyk12's Profile Photo

Hotel's in L.A.

by Missyk12 Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I'm going to L.A. for the first time in October. I'm wanting to book a room prior to going, but I'm concerned about booking in an area that I may not be comfortable staying. I would like something close to all the main attractions, walk of fame and such.Nothing elaborate, simple like a Holiday Inn.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

10 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • z28's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by z28 Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Hi Folks,
      we will arrive in LA on nov. 4 and i guess we stay for 3 nights. Were looking for a good located Hotel, max. 90$/night.
      Not to far from Int. Airport, Universal Studios, Walk of Fame if possible.

tnx 4ur input

21 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 1:56 AM