Los Angeles Travel Answers

change location

How much time to spend in LA

by Dongi Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 1:27 AM

Hi,
This is a general question for all the LA people out there.
How much time should I allocate to seeing LA. I want to go to DisneyLand, Universal Studios, I want to do a tour of the stars homes, Maybe sit in on a show taping and see the main shopping spots. As well as what.....All suggestions welcome. My sister thinks 4 days is enough, what do you all think? We will have a car.
Thanks in advance,
Donna

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

RE: How much time to spend in LA

by dejavu2gb Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 2:23 AM

I have been there on a visit... and I would suggest about 1 day for Universal Studius, and 1 day for Disney.
    Then about another 2/3 days extra to see what else LA has to offer. As you will have a car it will help lots, but I will suggest about 4/5 days in total.
    If you are into Rollercoasters, I have heard that Six Flags in LA is amazing, so you might want to spend another day there.

Have fun, its a great place!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 9:18 AM

If you want to come LA for the rides then it is Disneyland in Anaheim, Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, Knotts Berry Farm by Disneyland and then Universal (which is only sort of a ride). I think the Universal Tour is a waste, but then I have never gone. But this stuff is only 2% of LA. The Getty is a wonderful experience and so is the La Brea tar pits and LA County Museum of Art. Hollywood Blvd is fun for a few hours. Also, in Hollywood, West Hollywood and BEv HIlls, there are small theatres with great and entertaining shows. Venice Beach is cool to check out. In Pasadena, there is the Norton Simon Museum and Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens. Then there are several theatres at the downtown Music Center. The pier in Santa Monica is fun. For shopping, there is so much and plenty of malls, promenades, etc. For something more funky, hit Melrose Blvd, East of La Cienega.

If you only have 4 days, just do Disneyland.

• RE: How much time to spend in LA

by joesorce Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 1:01 PM

4 nights, 5 days

• Brehone's Profile Photo

by Brehone Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 1:21 PM

My husband and I go to L.A. at least once a year and always allow at least 5 days. Depending on the time of year you go, you may spend a lot of time standing in lines and might need at least two days to see Disneyland and the park next to it called California Adventure. I think you could do Universal Studios in a day, a day to see the stars homes and then shop in Beverly Hills on Rodeo Drive, and then another day to fit in the show taping...which I've never done, so I'm not sure how much time you should allow for that.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines