Long Beach Travel Answers

change location

planning to travel with dogs - need advice

by loralu Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 12:06 PM

Hey - I've enjoyed reading some of the Q&A regarding the area. Looking for a bit of sunshine, beach time, relax, maybe mild hiking, place for my dogs to hang, meet some *interesting* people, quiet time but also nice music (jazz or Dj house or break beat music) at night, perhaps. I'll be driving from Denver with 2 huskies sometime here late November or December. So don't want to go somewhere that's in 90's - hopefully no hotter than mid 80's. Hoping for a place that is dog-friendly and looking for a potential hostel or low-key hotel that we can stay at that's clean. I figure this is the closest, nicest area to Denver that has beach but am open for other suggestions. I also like Ultimate frisbee :)

I read about Long Beach so that doesn't sound as interesting as the other places like Venice, Santa Monica, Redondo, Hermosa, etc. Never been to this area so have no idea what to expect. Any advice is welcome!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Smartblonde's Profile Photo

Re: planning to travel with dogs - need advice

by Smartblonde Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Hi,
    I don't know if you have made your trip yet, but happened upon this post, and saw that you had no replies---what a drag! I live here in Long Beach, and have dogs, so have researched this subject here as well as the neighboring beach communities while planning getaways for my husband and I along with the dogs.
    Just discovered the Long Beach Coast hotel, which is right on the water, welcomes dogs, and is not too pricey. It is a cool, kick-back place, just a short distance from the Queen Mary, and the grounds are perfect for dog walking. The staff is very low-key, which we liked. They just leave you alone. We also liked the one-time fee for pets, and the fact that they don't have certain rooms designated for pets which are not as nice. If you have traveled with your dogs before, you know how it can be...
    If you would like, I can also recommend other good pet friendly hotels in Palm Springs, Laguna Beach, and Pismo Beach. Some are more accomodating than others.. Feel free to get back to me, and let me know how your trip was--

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines