Long Beach Travel Answers

change location

Travel advice

by TorontoCanada Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 3:46 PM

Hello
Can anybody tell me whether there is public transit available from LAX to Long Beach (specifically the Queen Mary) mid-week, mid-day? How complicated is it to get from the airport to LB? What does it cost?
Also, I've heard that there's a water taxi or something from the Queen Mary to the Convention Centre...if so, what's the schedule like, and what does it cost?

Thanks very much for any advice!

torontoharmreduction@yahoo.ca

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • yvr's Profile Photo

RE: Travel advice

by yvr Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 4:17 PM

You can take the free metro bus from the airport to the light rail line. There you can transfer to the southbound Blue Line, this will take you to Long Beach and you will be within walking distance of the Queen Mary

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cheap_tourist's Profile Photo

RE: Travel advice

by cheap_tourist Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 7:12 PM

Go to the lower level and look for LAX Shuttle bus stops. Take the "Line G" LAX Shuttle bus (they have several lines). It has the sign "G Aviation Green Line Station"...it's free.

The bus will take you to the Aviation Station of the Green Line. Take the train going east; it has the sign "Norwalk." Get off at the Harbor Freeway Station. Transfer to a southbound Blue Line train going to Long Beach. At the very end, take the free Passport "C" shuttle bus to the Queen Mary.

For more info on Green Line and Blue Line trains, go to (www.mta.net). For info on Passport shuttle buses, go to (lbtransit.com/routemenu.asp?.... For info on LAX shuttle buses, please search the Internet.

I think the Passport shuttle bus is more reliable than the water taxi as a way to get around Long Beach.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines