London Travel Answers

change location

Walk to Attractions in Ipperwash?

by JKirk Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 7:31 AM

I am considering renting a cottage in Ipperwash Beach, however I need to know if there are any attractions (stores,ice cream parlours, arcades, etc.) withing WALKING DISTANCE of the Ipperwash Beach area.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • brandofan's Profile Photo

Re: Walk to Attractions in Ipperwash?

by brandofan Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM

What country are you from. I am unsure if you heard but the whole area is a disputed land claim with the natives. The area is patrolled by native police and although rare there has been clashes between natives and non natives. The area is just cottages and if you go to pinery park or downtown grand bend there are some shops and bars. But it is not as popular from what I gather as it used to be. Wasga or sauble are now the hot spots if youare between the ages of 20 -35. All these places though are towns with like a population of a 200 that explode to several thousand in the summer so it really depends on what you are looking for.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Walk to Attractions in Ipperwash?

by ladybug9 Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Muskoka and Algonquin Park are also popular areas.

• SunGlasses-check's Profile Photo

by SunGlasses-check Online Now May 15, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Yes, Ipperwash Beach has Plenty of places to walk to there are several Beach Cafe's and Ice cream / Chip stands.
    There is a place called Wally Gators where you can play pool and have a beer.
    A few little Beach and Stores to pick - up Grocerys. All with in walking distance from Most Cottages.

The Ipperwash Beach Area is a Beautiful Beach Side community.

The Summer months are wonderful!
    Please note : the "Native problem" that another poster referred to is a gross exaggeration. Sounds more like the poster would be the "problem" - so happy he's going to stay away:)

MyFamily, friends and I have been going to Ipperwash ( I have a family Cottage) for 45 Years and I have NEVER experienced anything like what this poster said.
    But with some create trouble because they are "Haters"
    PEACE

• brandofan's Profile Photo

by brandofan Online Now May 22, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Actually if you do go out at night where the young people do party at there are lots of problems. You must not get out much I personally have not experienced the problems as I am far past those days of partying but since you have been going there for 45 years you either incompitent or blind

by tobyzone Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

This is to that Brando guy. You my friend are the one with the problem with the Ipperwash area obviously! My parents live there and my friends and I go down to party ALL the time. We spend most of the night walking the beach/streets with drinks in hand and have never EVER had one problem. As for the Native Police patrolling the area, dude get your head checked man. Any beach/tourist area is gonna have some kind of patrol native or not. Its the OPP that patrol the area for the most part. Do your homework buddy! Stop looking for trouble and trying to make a good place bad. As for all the reports that Ipperwash Beach is closed ask the thousands of people that go there every year to vacation with there friends and familys and see just how closed it is! It is the Ipperwash Provincial Park 3 KM down the road that is closed Nuckle Heads! Again an example of people that have no idea as to what the hell they are talking about! Ipperwash Beach is an awesome destination to hit for good times and a great beach to visit!!! SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

by Nails1_2 Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Your right Toby Zone, I lived at Ipperwash all my childhood my Grandmother lived at Ipperwash for 48yr. till she had to go into a home last year the family still own the house there. My grandfather built the house and she and my mother worked for the post office in Forest delivering mail for year out at the reserve never had a problem, family members still live there an have had no problem.

My question is does anyone have the phone number for Wally Gators want to fined out about the rental dates he has open for friends from BC.

Thanks to whoever helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines