London Travel Answers

change location

LondonApartmentsDirect Scam

by declyn Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 8:56 AM

Help, help, help!!! We are a group of 12 people who have contracted with London
Apartments Direct for lodging in London from Dec 26 through Jan5. After our monies were deposited, we have yet to receive a contract and have gotten sketchy, minimally reassuring emails that "everyhting will be alright and you will have a wonderful vacation." Has anyone dealt with this company before/
What body does the licsensing of these companies, in case we need to use pressure to obtain a refund? Has anyone used Home to Home? This is the new company we are dealing with (no money involved yet.) How do we check the legitimacy of an organization 4000 miles away. We don't want to end up sleeping at the Travelers Aid kiosk when we get to London. Has anyone used any
companies in London to rent a short lease self catering apartment. Thank you,
thank you, thank you.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

RE: LondonApartmentsDirect Scam

by Geoff_Wright Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Hi Lynn,

Oh dear, sounds a little worrying to say the least. Sorry I can't really help you at all, but I did find another posting from elsewhere, which seems to confirm your suspicions. Rather than post it here, I'll email it to you.

Hopefully someone else can help you.

Regards

Geoff

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 12:10 AM

Re London Apartments Direct - not good news, I am afraid. Go to the London Forum and look at the post by rqajria for Friday June 16, and the responses. Don't know anything about Home to Home. Will have a think about a reliable place through which to rent a short-lease self-catering apartment.

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 12:31 AM

If you go to www.octopus.com and click on "where you live" and then click on "apartments" and then follow the links, you will be able to see what is available in London during the time you require. I have used octopus many times and have found them to be extremely reliable and offer rates cheaper than elsewhere. You will probably have to rentmore than one apartment for 12 people.

• RE: LondonApartmentsDirect Scam

by nikki2000 Online Now Aug 20, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Hi Declyn:

Have email you...

Nikki

• Cham's Profile Photo

RE: RE: LondonApartmentsDirect Scam

by Cham Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 6:50 AM

Wow they're hitting london ontario as well?

I remember the first post about this company... there have unfortunately been many more since... what ever you do please report the scam and keep on at them to chase it up... this is turning into a big thing and more people that keep on reporting the faster they will do something about companies running this kind of scam.

if you need any other help or info please email me on vt

by makehay Online Now Feb 14, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Hello
    I emailed over the wekend but no reply! I have lost a lot of money to the said Rakesh Sharma of London Apts Dir and would love to talk to you about it Please reply
    Melanie

• Cham's Profile Photo

RE: RE: LondonApartmentsDirect Scam

by Cham Online Now Feb 15, 2007 at 2:06 AM

you can email me on vt if theres anything you want to know... other than that report it to the police and watchdog... i believe the website has been suspended as it looks like they are under investigation now so the more people that complain now the more likely it is the guy will get put behind bars

by mellibus Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 8:14 AM

I have been badly scammed by Rakesh Sharma the owner of Londondon Apartments direct, can we get together on this and do something. As his site has been suspended i guess he is under suspicion, but i would like my 1200 pounds back!
    Please respond to me at mellibus@vt.com
    Thank You
    melanie

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines