change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

by ThamaraSD Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

more
    • Transit Visa Help

by harpreetsinghmarwah Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi, I am travelling from Delhi to Vancouver with two stops:
      Ist at munich for 1.5 hours (same terminal)
      2nd at London again for 1.5 hours with the terminal being changed from no. 1 to no. 2
      Will I be requiring a Transit Visa at any of the above two places?
      PS: I have a valid US and Canada Tourist Visa and will be carrying a return ticket from USA along!
      Please advise..Thanks

more
    • Bally "Baljinder" Chohan

by baljinderchohan Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM

What is the easiest way to reach London from India?

more
    • I am looking to buy 15 umbrellas for London's rain

by talko Online Now Yesterday

Hello guys :)

I need to buy 15 umbrellas that can protect good from the rain, something strong that lasts. . . Of-course the price should be. best. Do you know in which shop will i find what i need ?

Asaf

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

International Cargo shipping

by csuresh Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I need to ship few boxes part of my travel from London to Chennai, India. I wanted to know reliable authorized shipping companies from London who will take care of documentation, shipping, customs and delivery. Can I get some names and websites please?

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Things open New Year's Day?

by monicarc Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Just wondering, are any of the following open New Year's Day--Harrods, liberty of London, serpentine grill, pret a manger? Thanks......

more
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Heathrow

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Don't know exactly where to post this but have left it here and will be advised
      Just a general info really and possible will be common knowledge
      Was at T1 LHR this morning and was told by an official that T2 is hoping to be fully on stream (only partially at the moment) In October and then T1 will be closed.
      So please note that anyone who regularly uses T1 (me!!!!) it will change from October so double check when booking

more
    • Travel around London with an overnight trip to Liverpool

by Guywmuminlaw Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am meeting my partner in London as he is already there for a conference. I am traveling with his mother who is originally from England but has not been home in 43 years. Walking at times can be difficult and she is taking a walker with her. What are the best options for the following:
      Travel from Heathrow terminal 4 to Canary Warf area
      Travel from Canary Warf area to Liverpool
      Travel from Liverpool to Heathrow Terminal 4

We also plan on using the Tube for 4 days of sight seeing while in London prior to going to Liverpool. Sights I know we will be seeing are the London Eye, on/off bus tour for starters.

more
    • janiesgotagun's Profile Photo

FInding a flat in london - how would go about it

by janiesgotagun Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

i am travelling to the uk for 6 month... i hear it like new york and apartments are hard to comeby. Do you live in london? how would you go about finding a flat with a roomate?

more
    • Day passes for Underground London

by dolphin7 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi, would like to understand the underground & bus in London. I will be staying in London for 5 days near St Pancras in November. My queries:
      a) how much is the day pass?
      b) can i use it for the metro, bus & underground?
      c) will i save if is buy day pass or 5 day pass?
      d) can i get the day pass from Heathrow?
      thanks

more
    • 241 offers vs. booking online prior to arrival

by travelswithteens Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Hi, going to be in London with 2 kids (young teens) during last week of July. Wondering benefit of booking tickets ahead at Hampton Court, vs. using the 241 option when there. I'm not interested in saving a few dollars if it means we need to stand in line for an hour. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

more
    • renting a car in London or around

by talko Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hello every body :)

I'm looking to rent a Wagon car in London or around (Flexible), but its important to me to have the ability to pay in cash cause we are a few friends traveling and its easier for us to split join the payments. (we want to rent it for around 3 months.)
      if someone knows a small company of car hire that can be more flexible with us please let me know.

Thanks a lot !
      Talko.

more
    • Indian Restaurants in London

by AditiS3 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

The best place for indian food in London. Can anyone help me out???

more
    • Is there a oystercard with travelcard for 10days visit

by UniTraveller Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hi, we are going to London for a 10days visit and the nearest station to our hotel is Newbury Park station (Zone 4). Which Oystercard is the best value for money if we are arriving from Heathrow and we intend to visit the common tourist attractions (Zone 1,2)?

more
    • 2 Day travel in London

by Lillyanne Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Im from northern ireland and i havnt a clue anything about trains, underground etc as there are none where i live. Im planning a 2 day visit to london in july. The plan is this : Fly into heathrow, travel from there to thorpe park and after a few hours there, onto a hotel in central london for the night. Next day visit madam tussauds and oxford street shops and then straight back to Heathrow. Is there day passes to cover all this? are they worth it for the journeys i am planning? can i get a 2 day pass to cover the round trip? iv read somewhere about 'zones'? I really havnt a clue so any info or plan would be greatly appreciated

more
    • Buying cheap second hand furniture in London

by talko Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Hello every body.
      I am about to enter an unfurnished house in London next week and need to but all furniture for my mates and myself.
      Beds, mattresses, washer,dryer,closets etc.

is there any cheap store ? donation store etc ?
      we are all young guys and trying to save some money in order to survive in London haha :)

more
    • weather in london

by GauriOak Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi..Do I need to pack thermal wear... or sweaters? I am traveling to London between 20th and 29th June.

more
    • rimbaldi's Profile Photo

London Heathrow to Stanstead

by rimbaldi Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

What the best way to get to Stanstead from Heatherow? Im coming in at 12:15pm and need to be at Stanstead for a 18:35 Flight! Thanks!

more
    • caulder60's Profile Photo

How much money

by caulder60 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 6:44 AM

If my flight and hotel are paid, How much money will a family of 4 need to sight see, eat, and buy stuff?

more
    • I am looking to buy 15 umbrellas for London's rain

by talko Online Now Yesterday

Hello guys :)

I need to buy 15 umbrellas that can protect good from the rain, something strong that lasts. . . Of-course the price should be. best. Do you know in which shop will i find what i need ?

Asaf

7 Answers Yesterday
    • Travel around London with an overnight trip to Liverpool

by Guywmuminlaw Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am meeting my partner in London as he is already there for a conference. I am traveling with his mother who is originally from England but has not been home in 43 years. Walking at times can be difficult and she is taking a walker with her. What are the best options for the following:
      Travel from Heathrow terminal 4 to Canary Warf area
      Travel from Canary Warf area to Liverpool
      Travel from Liverpool to Heathrow Terminal 4

We also plan on using the Tube for 4 days of sight seeing while in London prior to going to Liverpool. Sights I know we will be seeing are the London Eye, on/off bus tour for starters.

8 Answers 16 hours ago
    • ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

by ThamaraSD Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • janiesgotagun's Profile Photo

FInding a flat in london - how would go about it

by janiesgotagun Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

i am travelling to the uk for 6 month... i hear it like new york and apartments are hard to comeby. Do you live in london? how would you go about finding a flat with a roomate?

8 Answers Yesterday
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

International Cargo shipping

by csuresh Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I need to ship few boxes part of my travel from London to Chennai, India. I wanted to know reliable authorized shipping companies from London who will take care of documentation, shipping, customs and delivery. Can I get some names and websites please?

7 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • Indian Restaurants in London

by AditiS3 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

The best place for indian food in London. Can anyone help me out???

11 Answers Yesterday
    • Day passes for Underground London

by dolphin7 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi, would like to understand the underground & bus in London. I will be staying in London for 5 days near St Pancras in November. My queries:
      a) how much is the day pass?
      b) can i use it for the metro, bus & underground?
      c) will i save if is buy day pass or 5 day pass?
      d) can i get the day pass from Heathrow?
      thanks

8 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • 241 offers vs. booking online prior to arrival

by travelswithteens Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Hi, going to be in London with 2 kids (young teens) during last week of July. Wondering benefit of booking tickets ahead at Hampton Court, vs. using the 241 option when there. I'm not interested in saving a few dollars if it means we need to stand in line for an hour. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

8 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • Bally "Baljinder" Chohan

by baljinderchohan Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM

What is the easiest way to reach London from India?

5 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    • 2 Day travel in London

by Lillyanne Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Im from northern ireland and i havnt a clue anything about trains, underground etc as there are none where i live. Im planning a 2 day visit to london in july. The plan is this : Fly into heathrow, travel from there to thorpe park and after a few hours there, onto a hotel in central london for the night. Next day visit madam tussauds and oxford street shops and then straight back to Heathrow. Is there day passes to cover all this? are they worth it for the journeys i am planning? can i get a 2 day pass to cover the round trip? iv read somewhere about 'zones'? I really havnt a clue so any info or plan would be greatly appreciated

12 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Things open New Year's Day?

by monicarc Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Just wondering, are any of the following open New Year's Day--Harrods, liberty of London, serpentine grill, pret a manger? Thanks......

7 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Buying cheap second hand furniture in London

by talko Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Hello every body.
      I am about to enter an unfurnished house in London next week and need to but all furniture for my mates and myself.
      Beds, mattresses, washer,dryer,closets etc.

is there any cheap store ? donation store etc ?
      we are all young guys and trying to save some money in order to survive in London haha :)

10 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • renting a car in London or around

by talko Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hello every body :)

I'm looking to rent a Wagon car in London or around (Flexible), but its important to me to have the ability to pay in cash cause we are a few friends traveling and its easier for us to split join the payments. (we want to rent it for around 3 months.)
      if someone knows a small company of car hire that can be more flexible with us please let me know.

Thanks a lot !
      Talko.

10 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • caulder60's Profile Photo

How much money

by caulder60 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 6:44 AM

If my flight and hotel are paid, How much money will a family of 4 need to sight see, eat, and buy stuff?

21 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Heathrow

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Don't know exactly where to post this but have left it here and will be advised
      Just a general info really and possible will be common knowledge
      Was at T1 LHR this morning and was told by an official that T2 is hoping to be fully on stream (only partially at the moment) In October and then T1 will be closed.
      So please note that anyone who regularly uses T1 (me!!!!) it will change from October so double check when booking

6 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Is there a oystercard with travelcard for 10days visit

by UniTraveller Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hi, we are going to London for a 10days visit and the nearest station to our hotel is Newbury Park station (Zone 4). Which Oystercard is the best value for money if we are arriving from Heathrow and we intend to visit the common tourist attractions (Zone 1,2)?

11 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • rimbaldi's Profile Photo

London Heathrow to Stanstead

by rimbaldi Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

What the best way to get to Stanstead from Heatherow? Im coming in at 12:15pm and need to be at Stanstead for a 18:35 Flight! Thanks!

18 Answers 20 hours ago
    • weather in london

by GauriOak Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi..Do I need to pack thermal wear... or sweaters? I am traveling to London between 20th and 29th June.

14 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • Transit Visa Help

by harpreetsinghmarwah Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi, I am travelling from Delhi to Vancouver with two stops:
      Ist at munich for 1.5 hours (same terminal)
      2nd at London again for 1.5 hours with the terminal being changed from no. 1 to no. 2
      Will I be requiring a Transit Visa at any of the above two places?
      PS: I have a valid US and Canada Tourist Visa and will be carrying a return ticket from USA along!
      Please advise..Thanks

3 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Bus or train transportation

by jazzie0498 Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM

We are a family of 4 and planning to visit Bath, Stonehenge , and Salisbury in one day. We are coming from Premier Inn hotel near the Tower of London. Any help on how to get there from our hotel and coming back. What time is the last trip for a train/bus from Salisbury to our hotel. Your opinion/ suggestions are highly appreciated

86 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Using part of the air travel itinerary

by Britontour Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 1:43 AM

As this is a common topic, I'll place it in London. Recently I bought a return ticket (from Cathay Pacific) for travel from A to C via Hong Kong. I completed the onward journey. For personal reasons I wanted to travel back from Hong Kong to A, without completing the leg C to Hong Kong. The airlines refused to take me on board at Hong Kong. I had to buy a one way ticket to go to A. Were they right?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

In London for a week at the summer - looking for ideas on where else to visit

by sparkieplug24 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 9:02 AM

We will be in london for a week end of July beginning of August we will be here for one late afternoon and evening (Sunday) and then 6 full days. I have been to London a number of times but tend to go to the same places every time as you will see from my travel pages. However my travel compaion has never been to London except for travelling through. We plan to do the london eye (in the evening) london dungeons, Madam tussauds, a Thames river cruise, London bridge experience, tower bridge, tower of london, churchill war rooms and monument. We also are going to a show one evening and possibly the Jack the ripper London walk and probably the zoo.

I am looking for some ideas on other places that we could visit Ive already did St Pauls in the past more than once so don't want to do this again. Travelling companion has learning disabilities and has short attention span when doing things he dont like or hes not interested in so dont really want to be do loads of historic buildings, or museums as he will get bored of this quickly but if its something that interests him he could spend hours here like transport museum for example (not happening). although I think he may like the new exhibit in the IWM could we go and see this without touring the whole museum?? Im sure I have read somewhere you can but curious to see if we can as sites not giving out much info at the moment as its just closed for the refurb until July (typical lol). I have been looking at various sites including this one but to be honest Ive been overwelhemed at what Ive found.

Travelling companion likes football, bowling, boats, swimming, animals (but not doing sealife I went last year and think he would not like it), action type films (most films actually), music, musicals, comedy, he loved Edinburgh dungeons and visits here frequently. He also likes things that are visually interactive as reading is a problem and he loves walking. He also likes shopping.

Ive purchased show tickets and will be purchasing combi tickets in next few days for the london eye, dungeons and madam tussuads. Im looking really at doing the rest of it as cheaply as possible and looking into both 2 for 1, london passes and places that are free. We will have oyster cards with 7 day zone 1-3 travelcards on them.

Ive got a few ideas of other places to visit was wondering what people thought of these. Royal Mews, Changing of the guard, HMS Belfast.

Also was looking at the arsenal/chelsea stadium tours and was wondering if anyone thought one was better than the other and if so which one. Also can anyone recommened nice restaurants in covent garden, soho, china town that arent too expensive thinking around £30 - £40 for a meal and drinks (soft drinks) for two. Ive been looking and their are loads to chose from so any personal recommendations.

sorry for the long waffeling post and thanks in advance for help

8 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    • London Trip Planning

by av606 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Hi, need help planning my itinerary and hotel reservation and rental car booking. For sightseeing I have July 1 - 4th and July 11. On 5-6 we are visiting friends who would also take us somewhere and from July 7-10 we have booked a tour of Scotland. this si my first trip and we will be travelling with 2yr old son who doesnt liek to be strapped into a stroller for long. Seeking advice of places to visit, best area to stay and whether to have a car or use public transportation.

4 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • Connection times LHR

by Polodeltaromeo Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Must be a common enough question but I am arriving T5 on domestic flight from Manchester late Monday morning.Have a SEPARATE booking out of T3,on SQ to Singapore departs 2 and a half hours later.Is 2 and a half hours enough time to collect bags at T5, transfer to T3, check in for SQ flight?Or should I be looking to change flights for a longer connection.Thanks

4 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM
    • Euro Train

by lal1234 Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to Europe the in December 2015. Starting off in London, then Paris and finally ending in Rome. My question is about which trains to use to get to Paris and then to Rome the least expensive way possible. Thanks in advance for the wonderful advice.

7 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM
    • London Shopping

by vera1316 Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hi there, been planning a shopping trip to london for some time now and was wondering when the best time to go sale wise would be?I am interested in ladies clothes shoes and accessories.Thank you

16 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Buckingham Palace

by jazzie0498 Online Now May 31, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I'm debating whether to buy tickets for this attraction or save the money and just take a picture of it outside. So is it worth it? What can we see there? Thanks!

13 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • zaria123's Profile Photo

Activity for a group of 12? Something unusual? Any ideas?

by zaria123 Online Now May 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hi Folks
      We are getting married in London in September, and there will be 12 if our guests staying an extra night (Sunday 28th), and I was looking for something unusual / exclusive for us to do as a group. I thought I had the idea sorted, as an exclusive evening tour of buckingham palace, with champagne afterwards, but their last tour for september is 27th (which doesn't suit as its the day of the wedding).
      I want it to be something that we can do as a private group that wouldnt be something you could normally do without pre-planning.
      Any ideas?

4 Answers May 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    • Immigration/ Custom Time and Security Check in timeframe

by life2010 Online Now May 29, 2014 at 6:22 AM

I am flying internation via BA airways. I will be arriving at Heathrow on Friday 11am May 30th Terminal 5. How busy is the airport immigration/customs to get out. I wish to apply for the 24hrs Transit Visa?

Also I have a return flight at 10pm in the evening from Terminal 5. How busy is the security checkin and customs?

VT experiences....I am trying to figure out safe time.

3 Answers May 31, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    • Alalia's Profile Photo

Learn English or French

by Alalia Online Now May 29, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Goodmorning! I would like learn to speak English or French, but I don't want to go to any college or school...
      I would like learn the lenguage going to a country where they speak english or french. But I don't Know how I'll can speak and learn...speak and learn. I tought that I could make some little work, but I believe that I can't work without a visa.
      Does anyone know suggest an idea?
      Thank you!!!

6 Answers May 30, 2014 at 6:36 AM