change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mahalheart's Profile Photo

transfer from airport to buckingham palace

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM

from heathrow airport to buckingham palace, how much would a taxi fare cost ? around noon time on a weekday

more
    • gatwick-harlow

by nadaomar Online Now Aug 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM

hello!
      i have two questions please:
      1- how to get from gatwick airport to harlow?
      2- how to travel from harlow to bow road?
      please include the fares ( preferably lowest possible) and if oyster cards or passes are applicable

thanks!!

more
    • Tube strike

by Otis99 Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM

I need to get from Victoria to Euston next Friday during the tube strike. Should I try to get a bus, taxi, or just walk with my wheelie case?

more

buckingham palace tour

by mahalheart Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 6:30 PM

I arrive at 11;30 am at heathrow terminal 2,   I plan on making a reservation for a 2 hour buckingham palace tour   in september  at 1515    3;15 PM    do I have enought time to take the train  to make the 315 pm tour  I want to be there no at least half an hour before the tour starts

more

travel time from heathrow airport to buckingham palace

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM

how long does it take to travel from the airport to buckingham palace, by train, or taxi

more
    • Kings Cross underground picadilly line to National Rail to York

by gparkmum Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I will be coming from Heathrow via the tube on the Piccadilly line to Kings Cross and have booked tickets to travel to York on the East Coast National Rail. Can I ask is the tube line in the same location as the National Rail for this connection? I'm guessing the tube is underground and the rail above it? correct? or please give me detailed instructions on how to make this connection with luggage in tow.

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Fullers brewery tour

by Turska Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM

A question for women (or men wearing skirts..). My husband red somewhere one shouldn´t use too "fluttery" (or something like that) clothes at brewery tour. I only wear skirts (if you don´t count walking trips with the dogs..) and my skirts are really long. All my summer skirts are quite thin, and I´d rather not take jeans skirt with me (we have only hand luggage) because it´s so warm and takes a lot of place at bag. We are leaving tomorrow.
      Has anyone been there with skirt? How strikt is this thing? Could I go with quite narrow jersey skirts, even it is not a "pencil skirt", it can "flutter" a LITTLE.. Or maybe I could take some rubber bands and tighten the tail? I don´t find info on their page, and I must pack up my bag tonight, since we will leave at noon tomorrow.

more
    • Heathrow Terminal 4 to Charing Cross - train or underground - connections?

by NatalieL15 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Hi - my son (*fit, strong, healthy & 20yrs old!) is travelling with a suitcase and small backpack, arriving at Terminal 4 at 5.35am. He needs to get to Charing Cross to catch a train to Kent. What's the best way please? I can't recall what the changeover at Paddington is like to get to the Bakerloo line - stairs? Escalators? Or is the underground better using Piccadilly Line to Leicester Sq then change to drop down to Charing Cross on the Northern Line? Again, can't recall - is this a change with loads of stairs? I figure it will be rush-hour by the time he is crossing London too, by the time he clears customs and gets luggage etc, so this is probably worth factoring in. He's arriving from New Zealand, so long-haul. Thanks :-)

more
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock

by Mardai24 Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Folks, I have to be in London in early October for 7 nights 2 - 9th. I'm looking for accommodation that will have facilities for me to make something to eat, cup of coffee etc. I know as a city it will be expensive. I have a budget of about €120 per night. Does anyone know of any good sites I can try. Travelling alone so want somewhere safe to walk in. Course I'm attending around the Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock area.

more
    • Transit visa for the UK (EMERGENCY)

by shogunsft Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Hey everyone, I'm flying to Toronto(YYZ) from Chennai(MAA) via Mumbai(BOM) and London(LHR) by Jet airways. I have a layover of 15 hours in London before my connecting flight to Toronto.

I depart from Mumbai on 4th September at 12:55 and arrive at London Heathrow(TERMINAL 4) on 4th September at 17:55.

And depart from London Heathrow on 5th September(TERMINAL 2) at 08:30 and arrive at Toronto on 5th September at 11:10.

Like I said earlier I have a layover of 15 hours at London, my question is do I require a transit visa to remain in the airport for the 15 hours. I also hold a Canadian Visa which is valid for 3 years and hold an Indian passport. I will not be exiting the airport.

Any help would be appreciated

more
    • leaving baggage during layover

by megd123 Online Now Aug 14, 2015 at 7:16 AM

We have 9 hours in London, arriving at Heathrow at 10:30 AM from the US. We are arriving and departing from terminal 5 LHR. We will have hand luggage only. We plan to leave hand luggage at the left luggage facility. Do we have to exit security and then take our bags through security again when we return?

more
    • gatwick-harlow

hello!
      please include the fares ( preferably lowest possible) and if oyster cards or passes are applicable

thanks!!

more
    • Where to stay in lonon

by emirfi Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Are there any place near London that is easy access to tube, safe, and offeres many hotel choice? I am planning a trip there next spring for 5 days and looking for a nice but not too expansive. I knwo where I live, hotels in the city is far more expansive than the hotels outside the city.

more
    • London Transport for group travellers

by wanzulwd Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Dear VT friends.
      12 of us are going to city centre from Luton Airport this coming November. Can you all advise us, which mode of transportation the most convenient and the cheapest?
      Your responses are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Wanzul WD
      Kuala Lumpur.

more
    • Tube strike

by Otis99 Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 12:55 AM

I need to get from Victoria to Euston next Friday during the tube strike. Should I try to get a bus, taxi, or just walk with my wheelie case?

more
    • morjhan's Profile Photo

Pick Your Own (PYO) farms

by morjhan Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Can someone suggest me any place in London / Southampton where we can pick fresh "Strawberries" fruit in the mid September (next month)? Hope the season has not finished yet.

more
    • Travelling to Europe. How to find the cheapest moneychangers in London?

by craigshilo Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi,

I'm going for a 5 day business trip and need to change some pounds to euros. i'd previously had a bad habit of using my debit card abroad but realised the transaction fees and exchange rates were killing me - so no "get your money at ATMs" suggestions please.

Do you guys know where i can change poundsterling cash to euros around central london?

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Castles and daytrips

by Turska Online Now Aug 7, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Would it be too busy to try to visit Windsor castle or Hampton court palace in same day, witch we have booked a tour at Fullers brewery at 3 p.m.?
      We have been un London 3 times, and we try to do something new, but our time is limited. Next day after that we will fly home by 6.45 p.m flight from Gatwick.
      How about trip to Greewitch? How long it would take..
      Of course different people take different time at any places, but at least: How long it takes to get there from London centre?

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendation for steak

by Poling Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Will be living around King Cross underground. Would like to know if there is a restaurant for steak? No need to be very famous/expensive but just an ordinary dinner. How much is expected for a family dinner for two? Thanks.

more
    • Ideas for a day trip out of London.

by gparkmum Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 1:32 PM

We will be in London for 4 days and would like to spend a day out of the city. We have been to Bath and to Stonehenge on our last trip and am thinking perhaps Oxford, Windsor or another nice destination. We would be using public transport to get there. Any suggestions for a nice day out of London and tips on how to get there? Thankyou in advance.

more
    • travel card or oyster??

by nadaomar Online Now Aug 22, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I need to make 7 trips in 4 consecutive days from Harlow to Bow Road. which should I buy travel card or oyster card or are there other options??
      thanks

more

oyster card

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 7:06 AM

I will be in london for a one full day and then return after 3 weeks for 4 days, if I buy the oyster card , how long does the oyster card before it expires, I quess I have to buy 2 cards, for me and my wife, how much minimum load do I have to buy to use it for a 5 days stay in London,

more
    • morjhan's Profile Photo

Pick Your Own (PYO) farms

by morjhan Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Can someone suggest me any place in London / Southampton where we can pick fresh "Strawberries" fruit in the mid September (next month)? Hope the season has not finished yet.

11 Answers Yesterday

oyster card

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 7:06 AM

I will be in london for a one full day and then return after 3 weeks for 4 days, if I buy the oyster card , how long does the oyster card before it expires, I quess I have to buy 2 cards, for me and my wife, how much minimum load do I have to buy to use it for a 5 days stay in London,

21 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 10:11 AM
    • Transit visa for the UK (EMERGENCY)

by shogunsft Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Hey everyone, I'm flying to Toronto(YYZ) from Chennai(MAA) via Mumbai(BOM) and London(LHR) by Jet airways. I have a layover of 15 hours in London before my connecting flight to Toronto.

I depart from Mumbai on 4th September at 12:55 and arrive at London Heathrow(TERMINAL 4) on 4th September at 17:55.

And depart from London Heathrow on 5th September(TERMINAL 2) at 08:30 and arrive at Toronto on 5th September at 11:10.

Like I said earlier I have a layover of 15 hours at London, my question is do I require a transit visa to remain in the airport for the 15 hours. I also hold a Canadian Visa which is valid for 3 years and hold an Indian passport. I will not be exiting the airport.

Any help would be appreciated

6 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    • Travelling to Europe. How to find the cheapest moneychangers in London?

by craigshilo Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi,

I'm going for a 5 day business trip and need to change some pounds to euros. i'd previously had a bad habit of using my debit card abroad but realised the transaction fees and exchange rates were killing me - so no "get your money at ATMs" suggestions please.

Do you guys know where i can change poundsterling cash to euros around central london?

10 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 3:08 PM
    • travel card or oyster??

by nadaomar Online Now Aug 22, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I need to make 7 trips in 4 consecutive days from Harlow to Bow Road. which should I buy travel card or oyster card or are there other options??
      thanks

14 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 10:12 AM
    • gatwick-harlow

hello!

thanks!!

8 Answers Aug 22, 2015 at 8:29 AM
    • gatwick-harlow

hello!

thanks!!

3 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 4:11 PM

travel time from heathrow airport to buckingham palace

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM

how long does it take to travel from the airport to buckingham palace, by train, or taxi

4 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 2:48 AM

transfer from airport to buckingham palace

by mahalheart Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM

from heathrow airport to buckingham palace, how much would a taxi fare cost ? around noon time on a weekday

2 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 1:24 AM
    • London Transport for group travellers

by wanzulwd Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Dear VT friends.
      12 of us are going to city centre from Luton Airport this coming November. Can you all advise us, which mode of transportation the most convenient and the cheapest?
      Your responses are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Wanzul WD
      Kuala Lumpur.

9 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 6:28 AM
    • Where to stay in lonon

by emirfi Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Are there any place near London that is easy access to tube, safe, and offeres many hotel choice? I am planning a trip there next spring for 5 days and looking for a nice but not too expansive. I knwo where I live, hotels in the city is far more expansive than the hotels outside the city.

8 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 4:00 AM
    • Tube strike

by Otis99 Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 12:55 AM

10 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 1:28 PM
    • Tube strike

by Otis99 Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM

3 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 1:34 AM
    • leaving baggage during layover

by megd123 Online Now Aug 14, 2015 at 7:16 AM

We have 9 hours in London, arriving at Heathrow at 10:30 AM from the US. We are arriving and departing from terminal 5 LHR. We will have hand luggage only. We plan to leave hand luggage at the left luggage facility. Do we have to exit security and then take our bags through security again when we return?

7 Answers Aug 14, 2015 at 10:21 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Fullers brewery tour

by Turska Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM

A question for women (or men wearing skirts..). My husband red somewhere one shouldn´t use too "fluttery" (or something like that) clothes at brewery tour. I only wear skirts (if you don´t count walking trips with the dogs..) and my skirts are really long. All my summer skirts are quite thin, and I´d rather not take jeans skirt with me (we have only hand luggage) because it´s so warm and takes a lot of place at bag. We are leaving tomorrow.
      Has anyone been there with skirt? How strikt is this thing? Could I go with quite narrow jersey skirts, even it is not a "pencil skirt", it can "flutter" a LITTLE.. Or maybe I could take some rubber bands and tighten the tail? I don´t find info on their page, and I must pack up my bag tonight, since we will leave at noon tomorrow.

5 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    • Heathrow Terminal 4 to Charing Cross - train or underground - connections?

by NatalieL15 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Hi - my son (*fit, strong, healthy & 20yrs old!) is travelling with a suitcase and small backpack, arriving at Terminal 4 at 5.35am. He needs to get to Charing Cross to catch a train to Kent. What's the best way please? I can't recall what the changeover at Paddington is like to get to the Bakerloo line - stairs? Escalators? Or is the underground better using Piccadilly Line to Leicester Sq then change to drop down to Charing Cross on the Northern Line? Again, can't recall - is this a change with loads of stairs? I figure it will be rush-hour by the time he is crossing London too, by the time he clears customs and gets luggage etc, so this is probably worth factoring in. He's arriving from New Zealand, so long-haul. Thanks :-)

5 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 3:51 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Castles and daytrips

by Turska Online Now Aug 7, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Would it be too busy to try to visit Windsor castle or Hampton court palace in same day, witch we have booked a tour at Fullers brewery at 3 p.m.?
      We have been un London 3 times, and we try to do something new, but our time is limited. Next day after that we will fly home by 6.45 p.m flight from Gatwick.
      How about trip to Greewitch? How long it would take..
      Of course different people take different time at any places, but at least: How long it takes to get there from London centre?

12 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 9:17 AM
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock

by Mardai24 Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Folks, I have to be in London in early October for 7 nights 2 - 9th. I'm looking for accommodation that will have facilities for me to make something to eat, cup of coffee etc. I know as a city it will be expensive. I have a budget of about €120 per night. Does anyone know of any good sites I can try. Travelling alone so want somewhere safe to walk in. Course I'm attending around the Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock area.

5 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 1:35 PM
    • Ideas for a day trip out of London.

by gparkmum Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 1:32 PM

We will be in London for 4 days and would like to spend a day out of the city. We have been to Bath and to Stonehenge on our last trip and am thinking perhaps Oxford, Windsor or another nice destination. We would be using public transport to get there. Any suggestions for a nice day out of London and tips on how to get there? Thankyou in advance.

12 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 12:51 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendation for steak

by Poling Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Will be living around King Cross underground. Would like to know if there is a restaurant for steak? No need to be very famous/expensive but just an ordinary dinner. How much is expected for a family dinner for two? Thanks.

12 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 2:25 PM

buckingham palace tour

by mahalheart Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 6:30 PM

I arrive at 11;30 am at heathrow terminal 2,   I plan on making a reservation for a 2 hour buckingham palace tour   in september  at 1515    3;15 PM    do I have enought time to take the train  to make the 315 pm tour  I want to be there no at least half an hour before the tour starts

3 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 12:31 AM
    • Kings Cross underground picadilly line to National Rail to York

by gparkmum Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I will be coming from Heathrow via the tube on the Piccadilly line to Kings Cross and have booked tickets to travel to York on the East Coast National Rail. Can I ask is the tube line in the same location as the National Rail for this connection? I'm guessing the tube is underground and the rail above it? correct? or please give me detailed instructions on how to make this connection with luggage in tow.

4 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 5:21 AM
    • Early morning bus or train to Stansted?

by Marco12 Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I need a bus or train on early morning (4 am) to go on Stansted and take a flight on 6:30am from Great Dover Street or Waterloo Station.

How difficult can it be? I'm checking all coaches/bus sites and find nothing.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 5:20 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Kensington area

by Turska Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 5:25 PM

We have booked a hotel near Kensington Olympia, since we are attending a happening at there. Now I have noticed that it might be expensive area to eat out at night, or visit some pubs Is it so? I´m not so pleased to our hotel, that I could easily change it, if I find something at reasonable price and with not too many changes of underground when attending to Olympia. There´s 3 weeks to go, so I´d rather decide soon.

20 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 5:09 AM
    • Connection time between Terminals 3 and 5 at LHR.

by KiwiTraveller01 Online Now Jul 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM

I will be arriving at LHR's Terminal 5 at 1830 from Paris CDG (hopefully on time!). I then depart on QF2 at 2035 from Terminal 3. Is the 2 hours enough time to get to T3?

8 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Postage for postcards to Europe / 1st/2nd class stamps

by HORSCHECK Online Now Jul 26, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Hello,

How much is the current postage for postcards from England to contiental Europe. What extacly is this 1st and 2nd class stamps system about?

I still have some old 1st/2nd class stamps. Can I use any of these for postcards to Europe? What are they worth?

12 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    • Lowest fares from London to Asia - Which months?

by Britontour Online Now Jul 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM

This question may have been asked hundreds of times before, but I want to know how to get the lowest priced air tickets to India, Sri Lana and other countries in that part of Asia.

4 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 2:39 AM
    • The Shard restaurants?

by 2high4fly Online Now Jul 23, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Going to London in December,planning to go to one of Shard´s restaurants.
      How would you recommend and which,depending on time of the year and day(to see sunset and town in lights),busy days(weekend)-all of that for best chance to get window sitting table.
      Or is it Another Tourist trap?

6 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 6:26 AM
    • Is using VPN illegal in some countries?

by Britontour Online Now Jul 17, 2015 at 10:18 AM

I subscribe to a VPN. Will I be breaking any law when I use it in some Arabic countries?

15 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    • StephanieW7's Profile Photo

Windsor, Bath and Cotswolds as 2 day trips??

by StephanieW7 Online Now Jul 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Hello all! I have 2 days that I am trying to plan but I am lost on the how to's and if it can be done. Idealy on day one I would like to do Windsor and then go back to the hotel in london. Then on the second day train to bath see the roman baths, the jane austin centre and the circus (we have been to bath once before and are going with newbies - this is all the are interested in) then going out to the cotswolds to see Castle Combe and Bibury and that direction. We only want to see a few towns (2 or 3) before heading back to bath for dinner, then train back to London. I also thought that we could do windsor and cotswolds by rental car on day one. Stay the night someplace in that area and then on to bath the next day spending the day looking/shopping and heading back to london that night. What would be the best option?? I am uneasy about driving on the other side of the road so would option 2 not be a good idea or is it not a big deal? Thanks!! 

**UPDATE** I know this is a lot in the amount of time we have but we just want an overview

7 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 5:10 PM