London

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• staying at london gatwick

by redgordies1 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 5:50 AM

hi,,,anyone have a clue with regard to whats best to get for a party 0f 3 ad 1child....we are in london for a sat/sunday in october.....we will need to go gatwick/victoria...then tube it round london for both days....is it best to get a travel card?...or buy non express gatwick/victoria rail and use oysters for the tube?

more
    • ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

by ThamaraSD Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

more
    • Victoria Coach station to Gatwick

by dewijones Online Now Yesterday

What are the options for getting from Victoria Coach Station to Gatwick ??
      Fastest ??
      Cheapest ??
      etc
      thanks

more
    • Bally "Baljinder" Chohan

by baljinderchohan Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM

What is the easiest way to reach London from India?

more
    • Airport Transport

by LesleyKadwell Online Now 17 hours ago

How is it best and cheapest to travel from Ibis Earl's Court, Lillie Rd, London to Luton Airport with luggage. We have to be there at 6.40am for check-in, depart 9.40am.

more
    • 24-hour Cafes Near Victoria station?

by DrPoP Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Are there any 24-hour cafes near Victoria Station in London? If so, what are their names?

more
    • I am looking to buy 15 umbrellas for London's rain

by talko Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hello guys :)

I need to buy 15 umbrellas that can protect good from the rain, something strong that lasts. . . Of-course the price should be. best. Do you know in which shop will i find what i need ?

Asaf

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

International Cargo shipping

by csuresh Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I need to ship few boxes part of my travel from London to Chennai, India. I wanted to know reliable authorized shipping companies from London who will take care of documentation, shipping, customs and delivery. Can I get some names and websites please?

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Things open New Year's Day?

by monicarc Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Just wondering, are any of the following open New Year's Day--Harrods, liberty of London, serpentine grill, pret a manger? Thanks......

more
    • mccaw's Profile Photo

Best location to book hotel

by mccaw Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 8:03 PM

We have three people going to London from 3/10/14 to 6/10/14, the question I want to ask is Where is the best place to book hotel in London?
      We wanted to stay somewhere that is close to transport with easy & fast access to the Central London.
      We have a budget of Aud$400 for 3 nights for three of us.
      If more cheaper accomodations are bit further away from C. London.
      What are the costs of transports to take us there?
      Thank you.

more
    • Travel around London with an overnight trip to Liverpool

by Guywmuminlaw Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am meeting my partner in London as he is already there for a conference. I am traveling with his mother who is originally from England but has not been home in 43 years. Walking at times can be difficult and she is taking a walker with her. What are the best options for the following:
      Travel from Heathrow terminal 4 to Canary Warf area
      Travel from Canary Warf area to Liverpool
      Travel from Liverpool to Heathrow Terminal 4

We also plan on using the Tube for 4 days of sight seeing while in London prior to going to Liverpool. Sights I know we will be seeing are the London Eye, on/off bus tour for starters.

more
    • Day passes for Underground London

by dolphin7 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi, would like to understand the underground & bus in London. I will be staying in London for 5 days near St Pancras in November. My queries:
      a) how much is the day pass?
      b) can i use it for the metro, bus & underground?
      c) will i save if is buy day pass or 5 day pass?
      d) can i get the day pass from Heathrow?
      thanks

more
    • 241 offers vs. booking online prior to arrival

by travelswithteens Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Hi, going to be in London with 2 kids (young teens) during last week of July. Wondering benefit of booking tickets ahead at Hampton Court, vs. using the 241 option when there. I'm not interested in saving a few dollars if it means we need to stand in line for an hour. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

more
    • Is tube travel safe with family after 10pm

by 590013 Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Is tube safe to use when travelling with kids on evening or should I use a cab ? Which phone apps are the best ones to use to book a cab.
      We are travelling back from theatre to Greenwich hotel on a Tuesday night.

more
    • Two names on passport and e-ticket, tied name on booking ba.com

by OliverNorbert Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM

My first name in the passport is "Oliver Norbert".
      I've bought my e-ticket at an agency and they printed it out.The name is perfectly spelled,as it is in the passport I carry.
      Upon arriving home and accessing my booking on the official site of British Airways I have noticed that the name on the booking is "Olivernorbert". Is this a problem or will it cause any problems during or after the on-line check-in process or at the airport?If the answer is yes,then who should I contact in connection to this issue.
      Thank you very much.

more
    • renting a car in London or around

by talko Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hello every body :)

I'm looking to rent a Wagon car in London or around (Flexible), but its important to me to have the ability to pay in cash cause we are a few friends traveling and its easier for us to split join the payments. (we want to rent it for around 3 months.)
      if someone knows a small company of car hire that can be more flexible with us please let me know.

Thanks a lot !
      Talko.

more
    • St. Pancras to Heathrow area

by dpharr Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 8:42 AM

My wife and I will be arriving at St. Pancras (from Paris) at around 10:30pm on a Monday. We have a hotel near Heathrow. We are looking for the boards preferred transportation for getting from St. Pancras to Heathrow .  Thanks!

Also, any help with the following would be appreciated:

• Time required from St. P to Heathrow (for preferred transportation)
      • Difficulty finding the train, getting a ticket
      • Any need for advanced tickets
      • Difficulty in navigating any transfers during the route
      more
    • Indian Restaurants in London

by AditiS3 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

The best place for indian food in London. Can anyone help me out???

more
    • Travelling together with 9 year old son

by londrc Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Hello there,
      I am traveling with 9 year old son to London in August. He is very hard to please and too often easily gets bored with the stuff. He is very much into football (he asked me if there is a Football Museum? :)), xbox360 and movies..He loves Lego..is there a Legoland..? I was thinking of taking him to the Science Museum..to IMAX Cinema..to safari park if there is one not too far from London..I will take him for a royal day out to Buckingam Palace..I don't want to overwhelm him with the Museums..please suggest..thanks..Aida p.s. maybe transport museum would be fun? double decker or duck tours?

more
    • janiesgotagun's Profile Photo

FInding a flat in london - how would go about it

by janiesgotagun Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

i am travelling to the uk for 6 month... i hear it like new york and apartments are hard to comeby. Do you live in london? how would you go about finding a flat with a roomate?

more
    • 2 Day travel in London

by Lillyanne Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Im from northern ireland and i havnt a clue anything about trains, underground etc as there are none where i live. Im planning a 2 day visit to london in july. The plan is this : Fly into heathrow, travel from there to thorpe park and after a few hours there, onto a hotel in central london for the night. Next day visit madam tussauds and oxford street shops and then straight back to Heathrow. Is there day passes to cover all this? are they worth it for the journeys i am planning? can i get a 2 day pass to cover the round trip? iv read somewhere about 'zones'? I really havnt a clue so any info or plan would be greatly appreciated

more
    • Buying cheap second hand furniture in London

by talko Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Hello every body.
      I am about to enter an unfurnished house in London next week and need to but all furniture for my mates and myself.
      Beds, mattresses, washer,dryer,closets etc.

is there any cheap store ? donation store etc ?
      we are all young guys and trying to save some money in order to survive in London haha :)

more
    • What to see outside of London?

by londrc Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Dears,
      Please recommend what city I should visit outside of London? Hull, Oxford?? Please suggest. I am staying only 10 days in London. Thanks!!!
      Aida

more
    • Airport Transport

by LesleyKadwell Online Now 17 hours ago

How is it best and cheapest to travel from Ibis Earl's Court, Lillie Rd, London to Luton Airport with luggage. We have to be there at 6.40am for check-in, depart 9.40am.

6 Answers 10 hours ago
    • Victoria Coach station to Gatwick

by dewijones Online Now Yesterday

What are the options for getting from Victoria Coach Station to Gatwick ??
      Fastest ??
      Cheapest ??
      etc
      thanks

5 Answers 22 hours ago
    • mccaw's Profile Photo

Best location to book hotel

by mccaw Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 8:03 PM

We have three people going to London from 3/10/14 to 6/10/14, the question I want to ask is Where is the best place to book hotel in London?
      We wanted to stay somewhere that is close to transport with easy & fast access to the Central London.
      We have a budget of Aud$400 for 3 nights for three of us.
      If more cheaper accomodations are bit further away from C. London.
      What are the costs of transports to take us there?
      Thank you.

8 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • Is tube travel safe with family after 10pm

by 590013 Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Is tube safe to use when travelling with kids on evening or should I use a cab ? Which phone apps are the best ones to use to book a cab.
      We are travelling back from theatre to Greenwich hotel on a Tuesday night.

9 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • St. Pancras to Heathrow area

by dpharr Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 8:42 AM

My wife and I will be arriving at St. Pancras (from Paris) at around 10:30pm on a Monday. We have a hotel near Heathrow. We are looking for the boards preferred transportation for getting from St. Pancras to Heathrow .  Thanks!

Also, any help with the following would be appreciated:

• Time required from St. P to Heathrow (for preferred transportation)
      • Difficulty finding the train, getting a ticket
      • Any need for advanced tickets
      • Difficulty in navigating any transfers during the route

11 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Travelling together with 9 year old son

by londrc Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Hello there,
      I am traveling with 9 year old son to London in August. He is very hard to please and too often easily gets bored with the stuff. He is very much into football (he asked me if there is a Football Museum? :)), xbox360 and movies..He loves Lego..is there a Legoland..? I was thinking of taking him to the Science Museum..to IMAX Cinema..to safari park if there is one not too far from London..I will take him for a royal day out to Buckingam Palace..I don't want to overwhelm him with the Museums..please suggest..thanks..Aida p.s. maybe transport museum would be fun? double decker or duck tours?

13 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • Two names on passport and e-ticket, tied name on booking ba.com

by OliverNorbert Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM

My first name in the passport is "Oliver Norbert".
      I've bought my e-ticket at an agency and they printed it out.The name is perfectly spelled,as it is in the passport I carry.
      Upon arriving home and accessing my booking on the official site of British Airways I have noticed that the name on the booking is "Olivernorbert". Is this a problem or will it cause any problems during or after the on-line check-in process or at the airport?If the answer is yes,then who should I contact in connection to this issue.
      Thank you very much.

8 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    • 24-hour Cafes Near Victoria station?

by DrPoP Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Are there any 24-hour cafes near Victoria Station in London? If so, what are their names?

7 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    • staying at london gatwick

by redgordies1 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 5:50 AM

hi,,,anyone have a clue with regard to whats best to get for a party 0f 3 ad 1child....we are in london for a sat/sunday in october.....we will need to go gatwick/victoria...then tube it round london for both days....is it best to get a travel card?...or buy non express gatwick/victoria rail and use oysters for the tube?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    • What to see outside of London?

by londrc Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Dears,
      Please recommend what city I should visit outside of London? Hull, Oxford?? Please suggest. I am staying only 10 days in London. Thanks!!!
      Aida

14 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • I am looking to buy 15 umbrellas for London's rain

by talko Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hello guys :)

I need to buy 15 umbrellas that can protect good from the rain, something strong that lasts. . . Of-course the price should be. best. Do you know in which shop will i find what i need ?

Asaf

7 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • Travel around London with an overnight trip to Liverpool

by Guywmuminlaw Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am meeting my partner in London as he is already there for a conference. I am traveling with his mother who is originally from England but has not been home in 43 years. Walking at times can be difficult and she is taking a walker with her. What are the best options for the following:
      Travel from Heathrow terminal 4 to Canary Warf area
      Travel from Canary Warf area to Liverpool
      Travel from Liverpool to Heathrow Terminal 4

We also plan on using the Tube for 4 days of sight seeing while in London prior to going to Liverpool. Sights I know we will be seeing are the London Eye, on/off bus tour for starters.

8 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    • ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

by ThamaraSD Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • janiesgotagun's Profile Photo

FInding a flat in london - how would go about it

by janiesgotagun Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

i am travelling to the uk for 6 month... i hear it like new york and apartments are hard to comeby. Do you live in london? how would you go about finding a flat with a roomate?

12 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

International Cargo shipping

by csuresh Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I need to ship few boxes part of my travel from London to Chennai, India. I wanted to know reliable authorized shipping companies from London who will take care of documentation, shipping, customs and delivery. Can I get some names and websites please?

7 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • Indian Restaurants in London

by AditiS3 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

The best place for indian food in London. Can anyone help me out???

11 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • Day passes for Underground London

by dolphin7 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi, would like to understand the underground & bus in London. I will be staying in London for 5 days near St Pancras in November. My queries:
      a) how much is the day pass?
      b) can i use it for the metro, bus & underground?
      c) will i save if is buy day pass or 5 day pass?
      d) can i get the day pass from Heathrow?
      thanks

8 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • 241 offers vs. booking online prior to arrival

by travelswithteens Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Hi, going to be in London with 2 kids (young teens) during last week of July. Wondering benefit of booking tickets ahead at Hampton Court, vs. using the 241 option when there. I'm not interested in saving a few dollars if it means we need to stand in line for an hour. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

8 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • Bally "Baljinder" Chohan

by baljinderchohan Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM

What is the easiest way to reach London from India?

5 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    • 2 Day travel in London

by Lillyanne Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Im from northern ireland and i havnt a clue anything about trains, underground etc as there are none where i live. Im planning a 2 day visit to london in july. The plan is this : Fly into heathrow, travel from there to thorpe park and after a few hours there, onto a hotel in central london for the night. Next day visit madam tussauds and oxford street shops and then straight back to Heathrow. Is there day passes to cover all this? are they worth it for the journeys i am planning? can i get a 2 day pass to cover the round trip? iv read somewhere about 'zones'? I really havnt a clue so any info or plan would be greatly appreciated

12 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Things open New Year's Day?

by monicarc Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Just wondering, are any of the following open New Year's Day--Harrods, liberty of London, serpentine grill, pret a manger? Thanks......

7 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Buying cheap second hand furniture in London

by talko Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Hello every body.
      I am about to enter an unfurnished house in London next week and need to but all furniture for my mates and myself.
      Beds, mattresses, washer,dryer,closets etc.

is there any cheap store ? donation store etc ?
      we are all young guys and trying to save some money in order to survive in London haha :)

10 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • renting a car in London or around

by talko Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hello every body :)

I'm looking to rent a Wagon car in London or around (Flexible), but its important to me to have the ability to pay in cash cause we are a few friends traveling and its easier for us to split join the payments. (we want to rent it for around 3 months.)
      if someone knows a small company of car hire that can be more flexible with us please let me know.

Thanks a lot !
      Talko.

10 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • caulder60's Profile Photo

How much money

by caulder60 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 6:44 AM

If my flight and hotel are paid, How much money will a family of 4 need to sight see, eat, and buy stuff?

21 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Heathrow

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Don't know exactly where to post this but have left it here and will be advised
      Just a general info really and possible will be common knowledge
      Was at T1 LHR this morning and was told by an official that T2 is hoping to be fully on stream (only partially at the moment) In October and then T1 will be closed.
      So please note that anyone who regularly uses T1 (me!!!!) it will change from October so double check when booking

6 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Is there a oystercard with travelcard for 10days visit

by UniTraveller Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hi, we are going to London for a 10days visit and the nearest station to our hotel is Newbury Park station (Zone 4). Which Oystercard is the best value for money if we are arriving from Heathrow and we intend to visit the common tourist attractions (Zone 1,2)?

11 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • rimbaldi's Profile Photo

London Heathrow to Stanstead

by rimbaldi Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

What the best way to get to Stanstead from Heatherow? Im coming in at 12:15pm and need to be at Stanstead for a 18:35 Flight! Thanks!

18 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    • weather in london

by GauriOak Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi..Do I need to pack thermal wear... or sweaters? I am traveling to London between 20th and 29th June.

14 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • Transit Visa Help

by harpreetsinghmarwah Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi, I am travelling from Delhi to Vancouver with two stops:
      Ist at munich for 1.5 hours (same terminal)
      2nd at London again for 1.5 hours with the terminal being changed from no. 1 to no. 2
      Will I be requiring a Transit Visa at any of the above two places?
      PS: I have a valid US and Canada Tourist Visa and will be carrying a return ticket from USA along!
      Please advise..Thanks

3 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Bus or train transportation

by jazzie0498 Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM

We are a family of 4 and planning to visit Bath, Stonehenge , and Salisbury in one day. We are coming from Premier Inn hotel near the Tower of London. Any help on how to get there from our hotel and coming back. What time is the last trip for a train/bus from Salisbury to our hotel. Your opinion/ suggestions are highly appreciated

86 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM