London Travel Answers

change location

BEST RESTAURANT!

by Reahm Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

hellooooo

I'm looking for some suggestions for really good restaurants in London. I have been googling for days but everything that is really nice ex OXO Tower, has almost nothing that I can eat. I don't eat meat, so it would have to be something vegetarian and all these really nice places hardly have vegetarian options. However, I am also looking for something nice like the OXO, Rhode 24 and so forth.

Please help me out!!!!

- can be italian or whatever, as long as veg
- no budget
- prefer restaurants with a view

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • shrimp56's Profile Photo

Re: BEST RESTAURANT!

by shrimp56 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Here's a series of reviews for Vegetarian restaurants. Several look as though they would fit your needs.

timeout.com/london/restauran...
    timeout.com/london/search?_s...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I miss from London since a while but I don't think it would be difficoult to fine a retaurant "nice like the OXO Tower"
    I do like meat, anyway once have been guest in a very nice/good vegetarian restaurant in Covent Garden, but don't remember the name..

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo

by y2ketan2007 Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 6:21 AM

If you like Indian food you will find scores of Indian vegetarian restaurants all over London.

• Re: BEST RESTAURANT!

by jacquibarnett Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I am also vegetarian although I do eat fish. As a Londoner, I have tried most of the good restaurants and I can honestly say they all do a good selection of vegetarian dishes. Furthermore, when you book your table, tell them you are vegetarian and they will ensure you will have something to eat. Have you tried The Greenhouse in Mayfair. Locatelli is an excellent Italian restaurant and definitely has a large assortment of vegetarian options. Locatelli is in the Churchill Hotel in Portman Square

• robine's Profile Photo

by robine Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM

If you eat fish, J Sheekey near Leicester Square is excellent.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

many definitions of best, here is the London magazine Restaurant with their lists including Italians

http://www.theworlds50best.com/

• Autumn9's Profile Photo

by Autumn9 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM

There is a restaurant/cafe just off Regent Street (on the left if heading away from Piccadilly circus, in a sort of food court) called Tibits that only serves vegetarian food. There is a buffet with a wide assortment of dishes. The great aspect of the place is that the food is paid for by weight, so you can try little portions of lots of things. The food is delicious and very reasonably priced. The place is licensed and is open lunchtimes and evenings. Address: 12-14 Heddon Street, off Regent Street, London W1B 4DA.

Mildred's is also not far from Regent Street and is more a restaurant. It is very popular. I haven't eaten there but I have friends who have. Mains are around £10.00. Address: 45 lexington street, london, W1F 9AN

• Re: BEST RESTAURANT!

by Reahm Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM

thanks guys! Came back yesterday! I LOVE london! it was so much fun. Afternoon tea at bea's and dorchester was amazing. We went to oxo restaurant as well and the view was amazing.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines