I am planning a trip this summer to London and was wondering what the best hotels for the price are and peoples experience. I also am planning on renting or buying a international cell phone. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience in purchasing a cell phone. My carrier does not support overseas service. I found a site called ezroam.com and was wondering if anyone would recommend them and what there exoeriences are. I am also debating between purchasing or renting. Anyhelp and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi Alex, How long is your trip for? Who are you travelling with? Are you looking for something luxurious like 5* or more midrange 3*/4* or budget? First try and narrow in on a budget, then location. I would recommend neighbourhoods like Marylebone, Bayswater, South Kensington, Bloomsbury, Victoria. You should be able to find something nice under £100 per night for two.
You can check out these options:
1. flat rentals from owners on websites like www.airbnb.co.uk or Homeaway.
2. serviced apartments from websites like www.Check-in-London.com or Citybaseapartments.com (good for 5-14+nights)
3. budget hotels like www.tunehotels.com, TravelLodge, Premier Inn (good for 1-5 nights)
4. www.Hotwire.com, Trivago, sometimes do great deals
5. And ofcourse dont forget to check out Booking.com & Expedia
About the mobile phone rental/purchase. Haven't heard of ezroam, and haven't rented a phone before, but I have used Phones4you and Carphone Warehouse retail outlets and online before to buy an unlocked phone (blackberry torch, nokia e68, samsung galaxy) (without a contract or sim). Amazon.com also has some seriously good deals. There are also cashback sites like Quidco where you get a percentage of the purchase you make credited back to you.
Tthis website is also useful for phones and other money saving advice. moneysavingexpert.com/phones...
Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Be the first to rate this answer!