London Travel Answers

change location

Best International Cellphone Companies for England?

by AlexFreeman Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I am planning a trip this summer to London and was wondering what the best hotels for the price are and peoples experience. I also am planning on renting or buying a international cell phone. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience in purchasing a cell phone. My carrier does not support overseas service. I found a site called ezroam.com and was wondering if anyone would recommend them and what there exoeriences are. I am also debating between purchasing or renting. Anyhelp and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • virtualtanielle's Profile Photo

Re: Best International Cellphone Companies for England?

by virtualtanielle Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Hi Alex, How long is your trip for? Who are you travelling with? Are you looking for something luxurious like 5* or more midrange 3*/4* or budget? First try and narrow in on a budget, then location. I would recommend neighbourhoods like Marylebone, Bayswater, South Kensington, Bloomsbury, Victoria. You should be able to find something nice under £100 per night for two.

You can check out these options:

1. flat rentals from owners on websites like www.airbnb.co.uk or Homeaway.

2. serviced apartments from websites like www.Check-in-London.com or Citybaseapartments.com (good for 5-14+nights)

3. budget hotels like www.tunehotels.com, TravelLodge, Premier Inn (good for 1-5 nights)

4. www.Hotwire.com, Trivago, sometimes do great deals

5. And ofcourse dont forget to check out Booking.com & Expedia

About the mobile phone rental/purchase. Haven't heard of ezroam, and haven't rented a phone before, but I have used Phones4you and Carphone Warehouse retail outlets and online before to buy an unlocked phone (blackberry torch, nokia e68, samsung galaxy) (without a contract or sim). Amazon.com also has some seriously good deals. There are also cashback sites like Quidco where you get a percentage of the purchase you make credited back to you.

Tthis website is also useful for phones and other money saving advice. moneysavingexpert.com/phones...

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines