London Travel Answers

change location
mand1015's Profile Photo

Coming to London from the US?

by mand1015 Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 12:28 PM

Hello all. This is going to be a really strange question, but i was wondering if there is anyone coming from the US to London and will be so kind to bring some Oreo cookies over? yes, they dont sell it over here in the UK. unbelievable isnt it?

If you're willing to bring some over, email me at amandal@gmx.net. I'll pay for it of course. thanks!

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • KieronP's Profile Photo

RE: Coming to London from the US?

by KieronP Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 1:03 PM

Hi
    You can buy Oreo cookies and some coffee shops, I think Coffee Republic sell them but they are not big packs. Alternatively if you are in London you could visit the cybercandy shop in Covent Garden (address on their website: http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/).
    Hope this helps with your cookies!
    Kieron

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Coming to London from the US?

by Judyconnolly Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 1:16 PM

You can get Oreo Cookies in England. I buy them and I live in the north of England. If I can get them I'm sure you will be able to get them in the supermarkets in London. Try Tesco's or Sainsbury's.

• stiab3's Profile Photo

RE: Coming to London from the US?

by stiab3 Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 1:22 PM

I've bought Oreos in London . . . in the Notting Hill area. It was from a small convenience shop and not even a large suoermarket.

s3

• mand1015's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Coming to London from the US?

by mand1015 Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 2:04 PM

thanks for your suggestions. I've tried both tescos and sainsbury. tesco doesnt stock them, sainsbury's website says they have only the small snack packs (packs of 4)but so far i havent been able to find it in their stores here.
    I'll probably try the cybercandy store. which store is it in notting hill that stocks it too? I live in surrey and there are only supermarket chains here, i'll probably have to start checking out the small convenience stores in london.
    Thanks anyway!

• kerouacsdog's Profile Photo

by kerouacsdog Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 6:20 PM

Have you tried the Oreo shop in Camden Town? It's 3 stories high and is dedicated to Oreo's and nothing else. There's also a museum on the top floor detailing the history of the humble Oreo. There's directions on my homepage as it's hard to find..........

• film's Profile Photo

by film Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 4:12 PM

As a biscuit connoisseur you may be interested in this site. Being a great tea drinking nation, the biscuit (or cookie) has been the subject of close scrutiny by the British. This site delves deep into the biscuit world and the Oreo has been reviewed by some of the best.

nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/...

by snkisssd Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 5:32 PM

Hey
    I will bring some oreo cookies over if you tell me where the best location to live in london is, the best night life!

• londonbabe's Profile Photo

by londonbabe Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 3:03 AM

Selfridges are currently running a Vegas theme (complete with Elvis show in the basement) and have STACKS and STACKS of Oreos in the Food Hall.

Sarah

• mand1015's Profile Photo

by mand1015 Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 6:10 AM

well well, interesting replies! I'll be heading to london this weekend to check out cybercandy and selfridges. thanks everyone!

has anyone else heard of the oreo shop in camden? i havent been able to find the info on his homepage.

by baccione Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 6:50 AM

you can get them in most of the major supermarkets tesco sainsbury etc

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines