London Travel Answers

change location

accomodation

by Rob21 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Hey everyone,
at the end of april i will attend a sommelier course in London (W.s.e.t)
The school is located in London Bridge,i would like some info about accomodations around there!
Not necessary close to the school! even 15/20 minutes with the tubes or other transportations!
thanks In advance!

R

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: accomodation

by soboring Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hey Rob,

When I stayed in London with a couple of friends last year we stayed in a serviced apartment in central London. This is a really nice an convenient alternstive compare to Hotels.

The company we stayed with is called Acorn of London, I think they also have a couple of studios around £110-£130/ night

You should have a look at their website

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: accomodation

by Dabs Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Have a look at the Premier Inn chain and the Ibis chain. I stayed at the Ibis budget on Whitechapel Road, the only issue I had with the hotel is that the shower is inside the room so when you step out you are inside the bedroom not a bathroom. Not a problem when I was by myself but I wouldn't want that configuration when staying with a friend. Free wifi, good location in between two tube stations (Whitechapel and Aldgate) and just a few tube stations away from London Bridge. Picking a random April date I got a rate of 41£

ibis.com/gb/hotel-8033-ibis-...

From the Ibis to London Bridge, I think I took the tube to Monument and just walked across the bridge, by the time you transfer lines at Monument I think you will walk more to transfer than by going outside.

1 member found this helpful

• Freddiexpat's Profile Photo

by Freddiexpat Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hi Rob,
    The main thing that will determine where you stay is your budget for your accommodation. Staying on the north side of the river at London Bridge will be more expensive . Going to the East and South will be cheaper (poorer infrastructure). To the West will be more expensive. Therefore I suggest something near a tube station on the Jubilee or Northern line south of the river. Also use the CS network to find a place while you are here. Then there is gumtree and several other "flatmate" services from short term to long. You just have to do the research to find something that meets your requirements. Make sure you post these on CS and accommodation sites.

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Hello Rob, as said above we really need to know your budget and also how long you are there for would be helpful. If you are looking for a cheap option you might try the St. Christophers hostel which would be walking distance to London Bridge. Here is a link.

st-christophers.co.uk/london...

Hope this assists.

• virtualtanielle's Profile Photo

by virtualtanielle Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Hi Rob,
    London Bridge has some really good connections and some great serviced apartments in the area . Acorn of London (as mentioned by soboring) is great value for money and dotted around Bloomsbury and Clerkenwell, although it would be difficult to get availability at this stage, I would imagine. Other areas you may want to consider with direct connections and within easy reach are Shoreditch/Old Street (lively bars and cool crowd), Camden (great nightlife and bustling market) and Canary Wharf (Busy offices, dockside entertainment and great shopping malls). Good luck on your search.
    (you may find this helpful www.check-in-london.com)

by laladu18 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Hi Rob,

If you would like to stay in Central London, I recommend you Notting Hill !!

You can have a look :)

http://nottinghillapartments.com/

Lot of fun in London xx

by laladu18 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Hi Rob,
    If you would like to stay in Central London, I recommend you Notting Hill !!
    You can have a look :)

http://nottinghillapartments.com/

Lot of fun in London xx

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines