London Travel Answers

change location

London to Paris

by dolphin7 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Which train is the best to travel from London to PAris in Aug and how much would it cost?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Sinjoor's Profile Photo

Re: London to Paris

by Sinjoor Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Hello dolphin,

you might want to check this out

eurostar.com/static/micro_si...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I prefer the Eurostar over flying, the train takes about 2 1/4 hours and goes city center (St. Pancras in London) to city center (gare du Nord in Paris). If you fly, you have to make a long journey to the airport in London and then a long journey from the airport in Paris plus airline security which is longer than train security.

The best rates are found 120 days before the train goes, once those rates are gone then the next rate kicks in. I booked in July for 69£, I waited until 120 days out and a lot of the trains were already booked at the lower rate, I found that booking on the US site by clicking on US resident on www.eurostar.com that the lowest rates were available before the 120 days, apparently the times aren't guaranteed more than 120 days out but you can book the fares. You can already buy tickets for August on the US site.

2 members found this helpful

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Of course the Eurostar is best and i agree with Dabs, try book it as far ahead as possible as prices can rise dramatically if you try to reserve a seat a week or two before--assuming that they are available!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

by gordonilla Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I too agree with all of the above. It is easy to get to Paris by Eurostar. I tend to travel Standard Premier class; you pay a little more but you do get food and drink as part of the service. Reasonable menus throughout the day.

Yes, try and book well ahead as prices to significantly change when approaching holiday seasons.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM

I've booked both classes, the seats are wider in premier and there is meal service but the ride is only 2 1/4 hours and you can bring your own food and drink onto the train so I now make sure I book well in advance and book standard. The non flexible fares are the cheapest but you can't change them or take a different train if you miss yours.

• Re: London to Paris

by nob-in Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Eurostar is the only train running between London and Paris, so there is not a big choice :)
    Regarding the fares, lowest one-way tickets start from only 39£ (or 50 euro). Sometimes also makes sense to check tgv-europe website, on certain occasions they might offer tickets for the same train a bit cheaper then eurostar website, so better to check both websites and see which one offers cheaper tickets for the day and train you need

1 member found this helpful

• virtualtanielle's Profile Photo

by virtualtanielle Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM

The eurostar is really the easiest way i would imagine. I travelled in December and returned on 1 Jan 2013 and it was such a smooth journey from Kings cross to Garedu Nord. I have been tipped off by a colleague who used to work for a rail travel company that you should book 4 months in advance to get the lowest rate which is about £59 return. After that the rates increase significantly.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines