London Travel Answers

change location
annase's Profile Photo

Nice pubs with late opening time

by annase Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Can anyone recommend any nice pubs with late opening time in Central London or near Victoria? Last time I was in London with some friends they were really disappointed to find out that most pubs in central London close at 11 or 12 PM on Saturdays.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • planxty's Profile Photo

Re: Nice pubs with late opening time

by planxty Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

There are places that stay open late but I would neither describe them as pubs and certainly not nice! Despite the relaxation in licensing hours some years ago, most publicans don't bother as it is more trouble than it is worth. You won't get a proper pub past about midnight in that area. Believe me, I used to work there and I know! There are plenty of nightspots if you really want a late drink but not pubs.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings but I hope this assists,

fergy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • toonsarah's Profile Photo

by toonsarah Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Yes, Fergy's right I'm afraid. To be honest, 12 PM is late for a pub to close so you're doing well if you find one open till then. To drink after midnight you'll need to pay club prices I reckon, but I'm NOT an expert on London clubs (or any clubs). Others may chip in here, or you could post a separate question about reasonable clubs in that area perhaps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• happycats's Profile Photo

by happycats Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Players bar in Villiers street is cool and open til 2.30am the horse and groom in shoreditch isopen even later and is a nice place. The social is open late too that's on great Portland street. I've not been but I hear good things about the Russian bar again in shoreditch. The big chill bar is always fun too.

2 members found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines