by lorrainelola Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 4:51 AM

What tour Company do you suggest for this tour

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: stonehenge/windsor/bath dat trips

by davidjo Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM

londontoolkit.com/whattodo/b...

I do not know but this site may help make your mind up as prices range from £71 -99. I myself would just take the Salisbury Bath Stonehenge tour as you can easily tour Windsor yourself as it is an easy day trip from London and i believe 2 hrs is not enough as there is more to see than the castle., such as Windsor Great Park, Savill Gardens, Dorney lake, Windsor Museum, the theatre.

Spend a day there and have lunch at a pub if you jave time tp spare

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I agree with davidjo, seeing Stonehenge, Windsor & Bath on a daytrip just means shorting both Windsor & Bath, both of which I'm guessing you just get a small taste of. If you really want to see Stonehenge, do a tour of just that and Bath or one that includes Salisbury which has a lovely cathedral. You can then take the train to Windsor and see that at your leisure, between Windsor Castle, the town and walking over to see Eton you can spend all day there. It's a very easy 1/2 hour train ride to Windsor.

• SallyM's Profile Photo

by SallyM Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I agree. Trying to see all 3 in one day would make for a very rushed day.

• Re: stonehenge/windsor/bath dat trips

by Famineguy Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM

We used a company called "International Friends" when we did this tour two years ago. They use smaller coaches and because if the vehicle size, can use the secondary roadways and you see more of the countryside. You travel with smaller groups (I think it was 15) rather than a whole large bus full. We had adequate time to see Stonehenge and Windsor Castle. We got to see some of Bath, but Bath has very much to see and we do plan on returning there for a future overnight stay. I would recommend this tour and this company, if you want to see the three locations in a one day window.

• manuna's Profile Photo

by manuna Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM

premiumtours.co.uk/psite/par...
    We used this company. We took a tour Bath + Lacock + private viewing of sunset at Stonehenge. Unfortunately the weather was not appropriate for sunset watching but still we had an access to the stones. And I think it is important when you choose a tour to Stonehenge. It's an absolutely different experience when you look at the stones from the distance.
    Lacock is a pleasant place to visit even if you are not Harry Potter fan. And it is very small (several houses), so we spent most part of our trip in Bath. I think it was a well planned trip. No rush at all. The only problem was that there was a party for graduates and their family, so there were too many people there. But it added some peculiar colours : )

• jonsintown's Profile Photo

by jonsintown Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Hi

From London you could try Evans Evans tours. They are good and have been around a while.

http://www.evanevanstours.co.uk/

Regards

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines