London Travel Answers

change location

London Stansted off-site cheap parking?

by katiesquestions Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Hi, does anyone know of anywhere off-site I could maybe park cheaper at Stansted. I've googled a few off-site providers but the price is around the same as on-site (ie, a lot!).

Maybe a local council car park, supermarket car park, off street parking which is near enough to get to Stansted or maybe even someone's drive who'd be happy to rent it out!

Any suggestions would be great, or if you don't want to be accused of advertising please email any sugestions privately to me.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Katie

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • alyf1961's Profile Photo

Re: London Stansted off-site cheap parking?

by alyf1961 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 1:42 AM

There are a few websites that offer discounts for pre- ordering parking at the airport. I also came across a park at my house website that may be worth looking into. www.parkatmyhouse.com Websites…. http://www.airport-parking-stansted.com http://www.looking4parking.com http://www.purpleparking.com Hope this helps. 

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

by taurean_traveller Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Hi Katie As someone who uses Stansted a lot and have worked in and around the area your choices are limited.Stansted to me is one of the more expensive airport car parking both for short stay and long term. The nearest town is Bishops Stortford and I know even there council parking charges are high.Then you have the taxi fare to the airport to consider. Supermarkets are a bit iffy.They often have a 3 hour limit and then charges "could" be incurred (though thats a debateable subject certainly not for VT.) A friend of mine parks at LGW and uses https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/

which may include LSTN. Hopefully a VTer may know of someone who would let you use their drive way.

The question here may be asked,is Public Transport not an option? Many coach companies run out of the airport and you have a goodish train services. Good luck in your quest

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:00 AM

supermarket and council car parks don't normally allow overnight parking

• Re: London Stansted off-site cheap parking?

by katiesquestions Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Thanks so much for the replies. Stansted does seem to be more expensive than other airports which is a bit frustrating as my 'cheap' flight is not very cheap once I've paid for parking!

I'll definitely consider the options suggested but will heed the warning about supermarkets. Of course they have a three hour limit, I was totally forgetting that.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Katie

• adelinemmc's Profile Photo

by adelinemmc Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Hello The parkatmyhouse website has a good reputation so it might make sense to try that. If you do park at the airport, check cashback websites before booking direct, sometimes you can get quite a bit back! Also depending on your departure time, some hotels have very good stay+parking deals but the specific offers vary from time to time. Good luck!

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Don't know if you plan to stay overnight or if your trip would fall within the time parameters but hotels usually have 'stay and park' options. I received a notification recently for, I think, Premier Inn that offered stay 1 night, park for 14 (or periods less than that) - however, cannot remember which airport. Even if you don't plan to stay overnight, it might be worth considering doing so, if the whole package is less than using a parking facility in the area.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines