London Travel Answers

change location
honeymooner82's Profile Photo

Breakfast and disney store?

by honeymooner82 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Hello all, hoping you can give me some advice.

Thanks to the shocking price of rail fares in this country it looks like myself, husband and four year old will be getting the national express coach to london to catch our eurostar train to disneyland paris. The coach arrives at about 6.15am and our eurostar is 11.30. I've looked into lockers at st pancreas and think we'll head straight there to dump our luggage.

Looking to go for a nice leisurely breakfast (someone child friendly/nice/cheap) and then possibly visit the oxford street disney store to buy an autograph book for my son (i know we could do this anywhere but thought it would kill time and tie in with the holiday).

My questions are, can anyone recommend somewhere for breakfast near the train station or oxford street?. Is the covent garden disney store a decent size? as would rather breakfast at covent garden. or alternatively something free/cheap/child friendly that we could do for a couple of hours near st pancreas.

I know these seem like petty questions but i just feel i need to be organised with a four year old in tow. thank you

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • Re: Breakfast and disney store?

by K_V_B Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

If you have a Eurostar ticket you can book a ticket to "London International" which will be a lot cheaper than a standard open fare, and which also guarantees rebooking on another Eurostar departure in the case you miss your connection in London due to a delay. Read here: seat61.com/UKconnections.htm...">seat61.com/UKconnections.htm... 2

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Breakfast and disney store?

by leics Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yes, you can get good fares if you book a through ticket from wherever you are in the UK to wherever you want to go with Eurostar. That's what I did when I travelled from Leicester. You'll see the option on the official Eurostar site:

www.eurostar.com

But I think you may already have booked your NatEx tickets?

You'll need to get from Paddington (where the bus will arrive). So I suggest you take the Tube or bus to Oxford Street & have something to eat in that area (plenty of options...perhaps Pret a Manger or similar..although it won't be cheap...maybe somewhere near Paddington bus station?) before going to the Disney store when it opens and then making your way to St P.

You should allow plenty of time at St P to collect your ticket (it can be very busy round those ticket machines) and you'll need to be through passport control/security by 1045 at the latest (there are cafes in the waiting area after security). So it makes sense to do breakfast first, then Disney, then go from there to St P (imo).

Be the first to rate this answer!

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

by alyf1961 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Regarding breakfast, there is two Wetherspoons at Victoria. The willow walk opens at 8am and the Wetherspoons in Victoria train station opens at 7am. The breakfasts at Wetherspoons are reasonably priced and very good. I have included a link to their website. www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk The Disney store at Covent Garden is not very large but it does have a good amount of stock.

2 members found this helpful

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM

leics wrote: Yes, you can get good fares if you book a through ticket from wherever you are in the UK to wherever you want to go with Eurostar. That's what I did when I travelled from Leicester. You'll see the option on the official Eurostar site:

www.eurostar.com

But I think you may already have booked your NatEx tickets?

You'll need to get from Paddington (where the bus will arrive). So I suggest you take the Tube or bus to Oxford Street & have something to eat in that area (plenty of options...perhaps Pret a Manger or similar..although it won't be cheap...maybe somewhere near Paddington bus station?) before going to the Disney store when it opens and then making your way to St P.

You should allow plenty of time at St P to collect your ticket (it can be very busy round those ticket machines) and you'll need to be through passport control/security by 1045 at the latest (there are cafes in the waiting area after security). So it makes sense to do breakfast first, then Disney, then go from there to St P (imo).

by planxty Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Apologies, folks, I haven't got the hang o fthis new answering system yet so sorry about the last meaningless post. I was just interested in leics. saying a coach would arrive at Paddington bus station. Surely all long-distance coaches run into Victoria? I didn't know there was a Paddington coach station. Victoria is not a major problem as there will be bus or Tube connections.

If you can tell us if you have already got your coach tickets or are considering the train from the earlier advice, we'll be able to help more.

I would second the Wetherspoons suggestion as the breakfasts there are extremely good value and pretty tasty. The link you have already been supplied will give you various locations. I cannot think of one that does not allow children, I think it is a default position for them to have child licensing.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Fergy, you are dead right. I have absolutely no idea why I typed Paddington...I can only plead advancing age.

So sorry.... :-(

Same idea applies from Victoria though: breakfast then Disney then St P in plenty of time.

by planxty Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

No problem mate, I was just confused as you are normally spot on about UK travel matters. I was just concerned I had missed something glaringly obvious not having done a long-distance coach in a while.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Bad day yesterday....apologies again.

• honeymooner82's Profile Photo

by honeymooner82 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM

thanks for your help guys, yes weatherspoons very good idea, no i haven't booked the coach yet. A friend has advised me that although the train fares are out it might take another couple of weeks for the advanced/cheaper tickets to come out. This makes very little sense to me but i will be keeping a close eye on the prices.

thank you for the advice re:through tickets. i have already got my eurostar tickets so is it not too late to get a through ticket? FYI we are coming from Newcastle.

thanks again x

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I suspect it may well be too late for the through tickets, but it's worth exploring the Eurostar site to see what can be done in terms of changing tickets etc.

I'm not sure about advance/cheaper tickets coming out well after the fares are displayed....there are already fares of £28.50 one-way up for the latest date available on

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Check the cost of two singles: they may well work out considerably cheaper than a return fare, though they'll tie you to specific departure times.

• Re: Breakfast and disney store?

by K_V_B Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM

honeymooner82 wrote: thanks for your help guys, yes weatherspoons very good idea, no i haven't booked the coach yet. A friend has advised me that although the train fares are out it might take another couple of weeks for the advanced/cheaper tickets to come out. This makes very little sense to me but i will be keeping a close eye on the prices.

thank you for the advice re:through tickets. i have already got my eurostar tickets so is it not too late to get a through ticket? FYI we are coming from Newcastle.

thanks again x

An insider tip I got is that new fares are loaded in to the system on fridays, so friday afternoon is a good time to check. That's how I managed to get a 49 UKP Caledonian sleeper ticket a few years ago...

For next time: You could have booked Newcastle - Paris directly with Eurostar. Would have been a lot more convenient and probably cheaper too.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines