London Travel Answers

change location
kathymay1's Profile Photo

Cotswolds

by kathymay1 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

On a weekday in June we want to get from London, Islington area, to Chipping Campden. I have available a free trasfer to LHR if I want it. I could get two of us to a train station (I think it's Paddington) and head for Moreton in Marsh and then a bus to Chipping Campden. There will be luggage! Are there any better (translate easier or less costly) avenues open to us if we go to LHR? Thanks for any help you can give.

Quote & Answer
14 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Cotswolds

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I have a daughter in Chipping Campden For her London trips she drives and parks at Moreton-in -Marsh -for the London Train. There is a bus service but not sure of frequency. So Yes go to Paddington to start the journey. Don't even think of starting out from Heathrow..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I could not get hold of my daughter to ask for bus services but found this online worcestershirebus.info/timet...

Hope it helps.

2 members found this helpful

• kathymay1's Profile Photo

by kathymay1 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Thank you ranger49! Don't know how I would manage without my virtual tourist friends!

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM

You are welcome - hope you enjoy your visit to Chipping Campden - and the UK:)

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

There's a "Left Luggage" office at Paddington, on platform 12. Open 7am until 11pm. It's not cheap but it is secure.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

There's a "Left Luggage" office at Paddington, on platform 12. Open 7am until 11pm. It's not cheap but it is secure.

• KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

by KakapoTheParrot Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 12:43 AM

You might find it easier to use a taxi for the final part between Moreton and Chipping Campden. It might depend on where in Chipping Campden itself you want to be and how much luggage you have. I'm a regular walker in the area, I was through Chipping Campden yesterday as it happens. Whilst walking through is very enjoyable the pavements and roads are rarely level. Dragging luggage any distance probably wouldn't be fun.

Moreton station is a reasonable size, but I wouldn't be certain of there being taxis waiting for trains. If you want a taxi, I would pre-book one.

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I would think around £30 for a taxi from the station in Moreton to the cente of Chipping Campden.

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I would think around £30 for a taxi from the station in Moreton to the cente of Chipping Campden.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

by toonsarah Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Yes, Paddington to Moreton in Marsh s the best route - going to Heathrow would only be helpful if you wanted to hire a car and drive their yourself.

If you decide to get a taxi rather than the bus (and although not cheapest, I think it could be your best option as you have luggage) Yell is a good source of info about companies to contact. I found this when search for taxi companies near Moreton in Marsh station:

The first company listed can be booked online from their website, I see

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

by toonsarah Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 3:02 AM

toonsarah wrote: Yes, Paddington to Moreton in Marsh s the best route - going to Heathrow would only be helpful if you wanted to hire a car and drive their yourself.

If you decide to get a taxi rather than the bus (and although not cheapest, I think it could be your best option as you have luggage) Yell is a good source of info about companies to contact. I found this when search for taxi companies near Moreton in Marsh station:

The first company listed can be booked online from their website, I see

I don't know why with the new forum structure, but my web link didn't appear - not helpful! Go to yell.com and do the search that I did, for taxis near Moreton in Marsh station. The company that offers the online booking is Taxis 4U

• PhilTheBus's Profile Photo

by PhilTheBus Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM

The bus service that runs between Moreton and Chipping Campden runs much more frequently than the timetable that Ranger49 has given you would suggest. The following link will take you to the full timetable johnsonscoaches.co.uk/PDFs/2... .

Phil-the-Bus

2 members found this helpful

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Thanks for the update Phil the bus! As my family contact is away from home this w/e I had to rely on google - nothing can beat local input:)

• graphicscorpio's Profile Photo

by graphicscorpio Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Last May my husband and I took the train from London Paddington to Moreton in the Marsh. We had a room booked at the wonderful Volunteer Inn. The very nice owner of the Inn picked us up from the train station! (I'm not sure if they always do this but worth checking if you'd like to stay there.)

P.S... The Indian Food restaurant at the Volunteer Inn is outstanding!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines