Lombok Travel Answers

change location

Booking flights to Lombok

by Janderra Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 6:25 AM

I am travelling to Lombok in October and want to book a flight from Bali. Can anyone tell me which is the most reliable airline and is permatour in Kuta a reliable company to prebook your flights with. I have been told most of the flights are full for 17-10-2008 and only seats on 5.40pm flight available. I am worried if we get a late afternoon flight and it is cancelled, then we cant get there until next day. Alternatively there is an 8.00am with Indosesian Transport. Does anyone know these airlines and if they are reliable. I have read that they just cancel flights to Lombok all the time.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: Booking flights to Lombok

by BesarRahasia Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Hello
    Well they don't cancell flights all of the time, there are times when there are no cancellations, but the problem with some of the smaller carriers is that if they dont get enough passengers or cargo to make the trip profitable for them, they will cancell, but who knows when it will happen, they will take bookings right up to a couple of hours before scheduled departure, and still cancell if there isn't enough, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Even using an agency isn't any guarentee, some of the smaller airlines don't accept bookings from agents,they only take bookings direct from their offices in the Airport others will take bookings, but still cancell.

You could consider the alternative and go by ferry, although this is more time consuming way, but it is more reliable.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: Booking flights to Lombok

by BesarRahasia Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Hi again
    Merpati still have available seats on the fights 17 October 2008.

7:00am
    1:00pm
    6:00pm
    cost around 600,000Rp one way per person (price varies daily depending on availability and demand)

You need to be fairly quick if you want to book it as it is busy period.

They are fairly reliable regarding leaving as scheduled (sometimes late, but not so many cancellations)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines