Lombok Travel Answers

change location
Sibi3's Profile Photo

Where to change traveller's cheques

by Sibi3 Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Hello again!

My holidays are coming closer and closer and I'm so looking forward to it! There are two questions I would like to ask you:

1) Where can I change Traveller Cheques? Is this only possible in Mataram or are there other places where I can do that?

2) I would love to go to a market and I already know that there is one in Kuta (Wednesday and Sunday if I remember right). Are there other places to go to the market?

Thank you!

Regards,

Sibylle

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jchills's Profile Photo

Re: Where to change traveller's cheques

by jchills Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM

I suggest you change your money in Bali as the rate will be better. There are money changers in Sengigi. I use the one in the "mall" in the centre of Sengigi but I have used cash.
    There is a large market in Mataran which is fun to go to if you like to see a true indonesian market. May need someone to take you around though. Can i suggest you talk to the massage girls who work on the beach in front of the Intan in Sengigi. They would make a good guide for you as I found them very trustworthy and helpful.
    In you want more details email me OK
    cheers
    john

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sibi3's Profile Photo

Re: Where to change traveller's cheques

by Sibi3 Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 4:00 AM

Hi John

Thanks a lot for your replies, but I'm not going to Bali at all. I do also not require a money changer, but a bank or a hotel etc. to cash traveller cheques.

I'll ask the massage girls for the markets and I'm already looking forward to a massage =).

Can anybody else help me with the traveller cheques question?

Thanks a lot!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines