Lombok Travel Answers

change location
jamesywilson's Profile Photo

adventures on lombok?

by jamesywilson Online Now Oct 10, 2006 at 6:57 AM

What are the best places to go to on Lombok for adventures.
Im hoping to go to a couple of different places after my trip to Bali.
Im on honeymoon & i want to avoid the major tourist areas and i want to go places where there are amazing beaches, snorkelling, climbing volcanoes, renting a jeep to see amazing scenery & have an adventure, walk through/past rice paddy fields, see/take in indonesian culture etc.
Can anyone suggest what places are best for the things listed above? or even advise other things to do & places to stay on lombok?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

RE: adventures on lombok?

by xuessium Online Now Oct 10, 2006 at 8:52 AM

HI! James:

Lombok is very different from Bali. The anti-Bali.
    Be sure to go to the Gilis - you wouldn't regret it.
    I have not been up Rinjani but I heard it's great outdoors too....but I am not sure if it is a romantic honeymoon place to be...
    This website may be helpful: http://www.lombok-network.com/

I have a page on Lombok as well. Maybe you'll like to take a look and see if the tips are any useful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: adventures on lombok?

by Sunrise268 Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 4:37 PM

Hey there

We just got back from Lombok and had an amazing time with lots of adventures so you cant go wrong there!
    A great area to go visit is the area around Tettebatu which is near Mount Rinjani the volcano. We walked to the waterfall which is beautiful but gets very busy so best to go early and took the down river walk along the mountainside back to the jeep. If you ask for Eddie the guide, he is great fun and very knowledgable, just make sure you wear non slip shoes not flip flops like we did! There are lots of beautiful rice fields and villages nearby and to be honest, everywhere in Lombok is an incredible photo opportunity.
    Surfing is a fun thing to try too near Gerupak which is close to Kuta down south and the beaches along the south coast are stunning. Little waves and a great thing to try!
    Have fun, we did!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines