Lombok Travel Answers

change location

Earthquake in Lombok

by Sharynlea Online Now Jan 5, 2004 at 11:36 AM

We are travelling to Lombok this Sunday. I was wondering if much damage was done to Lombok. I will be staying at Novotel in Kuta. I hope the people are alright. Can anyone tell me if things are relatively normal there, or will it be harder to get around? Any advice on what to see in Lombok would be great. Thanks and I am looking forward to our trip. Sharyn

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Earthquake in Lombok

by mimpiamins Online Now Jan 30, 2004 at 8:37 AM

I was in Kuta Lombok during the quake. Though it was scarey and everyone fled from thier houses, in the Kuta area there was no damage done at all. Most damage (and there was not much at all) was in the north of Senggigi. It has not interfered with life on the island at all. I would just like to add that Novotel is a beautiful hotel, bery tastefully made in the local style & with natural materials. It is situated in Kuta, where you will find the best beaches on Lombok. Do get out and about and try some of the local restaurants. Segare Anak will pick you up from Novotel for dinner as will Family Cafe. Let me know if you want any further information on the area. Although in London at the moment my home is in Kuta Lombok.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines