Travel Answers
Loch Ness

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tracyskf's Profile Photo

Road trip 3 days (Stirling - Skye - Loch Lomond)

Isle of Skye Mar 10, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Hi - I wanted to find out more on the best way to see Isle of Skye - tried to find out more information online and I understand there is a couple of areas - Lolchalsh, Broadford, Potree etc. Which area is best to stay for the best view and experience? I am planning to drive.

If I am staying at Isle of Lolchalsh, is it easy to drive across and how should I plan in such to maximise a full day in Skye? Can someone let me know / share links on hiking routes / sightseeing routes and suggest any activities to do in Skye?

What is the best scenic spots for photos?

Thank you

more
    • Uig ferry/coach connection

Isle of Skye Mar 1, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Freaking out over nothing, but how does the coach connection with the ferry work? I'm travelling from Glasgow to Uig, and the bus gets in 10 minutes before the ferry is due to depart. Do we get time to get our tickets and do we get driven up to the ferry so we can board?
      Being really stupid I know, but thanks!

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days tour self drive possible?

Isle of Skye Mar 7, 2015 at 7:37 AM

I am arriving by train to Edinburgh Waverly station and plan to do 1 day Edinburgh city sightseeing. I am exploring possibly of doing a 3 day self drive the next morning. Let me know if that is possible and how should I do it? I am thinking of driving up north from Edinburgh to see Stirling Castle, Eilean Donan Castle, sightseeing, then return rented car flying out from Inverness to CDG, Paris. Is there any other airport beside Inverness that fly to CDG?

Suggestions welcomed. If you think driving is not possible, please let me know the best alternate transport. I did explore 3 day tours with tour company - but this is not guaranteed departure and the tours will not run if minimum number of people required are not met.

Thank you! :)

more
    • DannyM34's Profile Photo

Inverness to Drumnadrochit

by DannyM34 Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We are going to Great Britain at the end of March '14 to visit our granddaughter who will be spending a semester in college at Grantham. We plan on several days in Scotland and plan on using the train from Grantham to Edinburgh (two night stay) to Kincraig to Inverness. We have booked a B & B in Drumnadrochit but we are wondering what is the best way to travel from the train station in Inverness to Drumnadrochit and back. Our granddaughter has a 5 day weekend and we will travel by train from Inverness all the way back to Grantham in one day.

3 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    • Camping sites

by Russell_Lee Online Now Jan 12, 2006 at 10:38 AM

Hi everybody.
      Heading to Loch Ness to try some camping for a few days. Any recommendations for a particular scenic camping area? Also, are there any restrictions on having a camp fire?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 23, 2006 at 12:14 PM
    • School Trip

by Carolita71 Online Now Nov 9, 2003 at 4:17 AM

How long does it take from Edinburgh to Loch Ness? The boys and I will be travelling by a hired coach. Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 9, 2003 at 10:31 AM