Loch Lomond

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

more
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

more
    • Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

more
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

more
    • 8 days in Scotland

Isle of Skye Mar 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I am planning my family's first trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days. I am wondering if I should include the Isle of Skye? My children are 12 and 9 (my son turns 10 while we are there). So far I am planning 2 days in Edinburgh, 2 days for Perth and the surrounding areas, 2 days in Inverness and the surrounding areas and I was just wondering where best to spend the other 2 days. Thanks

more
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

more
    • clivedinburgh's Profile Photo

Short stay in November

by clivedinburgh Online Now Oct 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM

We are off to 3 night stay in a lodge at Cameron House Hotel next month and would appreciate any hidden gems that we can either walk or drive to. Proposed so far for our party (granny & grandad, mrs, me & the kids - 3&1):

Walk to Lomond Shores/take a cruise with Sweeney's
      Fireworks on the 5th
      Drive over to Helensburgh/Faslane for old times sake

2 Answers Oct 14, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    • Best places to eat and drink in a November weekend in Loch Lomand???

by kirstymckie Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 7:02 AM

Hi there,

I'm traveling up from London to spend a weekend in Loch Lomond for my boyfriend's birthday. We're staying at the Culag Guesthouse (near Luss) which I've read rave reviews about. Arriving on Friday lunchtime and departing on Sunday evening.

I really want to plan a relaxing and romantic weekend and was hoping for some tips on nice restaurants and cosy pubs which we should visit. I heard certain things may be closed at this time of year - is that true?

We don't have a car and will be doing everything on foot. Happy to walk reasonable distances, weather permitting, but would also be great to know what there is close by.

Thanks in advance,

Kirsty

2 Answers Nov 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM
    • damo667's Profile Photo

confused

by damo667 Online Now Nov 2, 2007 at 8:26 AM

Hi I'm doing a 10 day trip around scotland in January (cold I know)
      10 days is not enough I know, as theres so many places I want to go
      I arrive in Edinburgh jan 18th then Inverness 20th
      and I need to be Tobermory on the 25th early as I'm organising a suprise birthday for my girlfriend

my problem is I've got only three days to split between Isle of Skye and Loch Lomond
      I was wondering which of the two I could see in one day

or should I just scrap Inverness and spend two days in both

any information gratfully recieved
      thank you

6 Answers Nov 7, 2007 at 4:00 PM
    • bct341's Profile Photo

Travelodge at Dumbarton

by bct341 Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 9:06 PM

Knowing that travelodges are cheap budget hotels..I was wondering if anyone knew how the Travelodge was at Dumbarton. Just looking for a decent place to stop and sleep (and a place that I can arrive late). Most Travelodges have some pretty bad reviews but for some reason I could not find any reviews for this particualr Travelodge.

4 Answers Jul 31, 2006 at 2:39 PM
    • 3 Days in the Highlands, Scotland - where do we go?

by Carrie0803 Online Now Dec 8, 2004 at 6:55 AM

Hi, We have 3 days to spare between xmas and new year and wondering if anyone had any suggestions with where to go/what to see in the highlands of Scotland? We have our own car but I am concerned about possible weather issues. We're going to be leaving and returning to Glasgow. Looking forward to any tips or suggestions! Thanx!!

3 Answers Dec 6, 2005 at 3:47 PM
    • ringleader's Profile Photo

What activities are there in Loch Lomond?

by ringleader Online Now Jul 26, 2003 at 11:38 AM

Hi out there~ We're bringing over a dozen teenagers plus the same number of adults to Scotland in 2004. In planning our trip, we decided we would like to do something at Loch Lomond. What is there to see and do there? Also, are there any recommended boating trips of about 1-2 hours? Thanks...

3 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 4:47 AM