change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for China Town in or close to Geneva, Switzerland

Geneva Dec 17, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Good morning,
      Looking for China town in Geneva or close to? Any tip to share?
      Thank you per advance.

more
    • A 6 days 5 nights itinerary in Switzerland? (Zurich, Bern, Lucerne, Interlaken, Geneva?)

Switzerland Dec 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hi everyone. I and my friend (2 girls) will be travelling to Switzerland from 22-27January. We will be arriving in Zurich on 22Jan (22:30) and departing in Geneva on 27Jan (12:25).

We would love to see the mountains and alps (more of the nature) during our trip. We would also love to see a bit of the city part. We are confused about where we should stay for visiting the mountains and the transport. My friends recommended me to go to Appenzell, Santis, Walensee, St Moritz, Montreux and Zermatt. Really hope someone can help us with that as this is our first time going to Switzerland and planning from scratch for our trip. Any recommendations/ suggestions please? I know we sound really greedy because there seem to be a lot of nice places that we don't wanna miss! But we would also want a relaxing trip which we can really spend some decent time in the beautiful places. Please share with us your ideas... Loads of thanks! :)

more
    • Titlis Rotair ticket v. day ski pass

Engelberg Nov 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We are travelling to Titlis next weekend and we see that the price of the day ski pass is lower than the price of the Engelberg-Titlis return ticket. The day ski pass says that it can be used on all lifts. However, we will not be skiing. Would we be able to get to the top of Titlis using the day ski pass and not skiing?

more
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Best things to see/do in Geneva in 5 hours?

Geneva Nov 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM

We will be driving to Geneva to catch an evening flight in January. We'll have between 3-5 hours to explore. Any suggestions? (No cruises or tourist tours) Any cool attractions, places to eat, beautiful scenic areas?
      My husband is into science and history. How is the CERN? I'm more into the artsy stuff. Unique shops or collections in the area worth mentioning?

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions!

more
    • smasteve's Profile Photo

what to do

Gruyères Nov 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM

what are the main attractions?

more
    • jesseniart's Profile Photo

What are the most scenic hotels/lodges in Switzerland?

Switzerland Dec 6, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I've got a voucher of $3000 to spend on accommodation in Switzerland! I want to know of the most beautiful hotels in the country. I'm a real lover of nature and want to stay somewhere with mountain ranges and hiking opportunities.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

more
    • Centovalli rail from domosolla to Lucern via Locarno

by kottokk Online Now May 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Can I buy FART ticket for Aug 6 2014 online now? When I checked it will only accept the month of MAy

Domossolla to Lucerne vis Locarno ( FART)

If I cannot buy ticket, my train from Milan comes in at 2:45 pm and there is a 4 mon walk to downstairs to buy ticket . I have only apprx half hour to walk, buy , and board the next avail train. Will this be enough time?

3 Answers May 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    • snow around mid-April near Locarno

by 54mass Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Where can we expect to find snow around mid-April near Locarno

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

by 54mass Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

which one is much better. or is it worth to see all of them in one day

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • Christmas in Locarno?

by SurelyNot Online Now Oct 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Hi

A friend and I would like to spend three or four days in Locarno over Christmas. I've been before, but a friend has told me that restaurants and bars will be closed over this period (24 - 31 December). Is this true? We don't need a huge variety of options but we will need to eat out and hopefully spend night or two in the bars as well as finding B&B within a couple of kilometres of the town.

Can anyone advise me? Would Lugano or Ascona be better options?

Thank you!

6 Answers Dec 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    • Vacation Rental in Locarno

by beejay421 Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM

We are looking for a vacation rental in Locarno, Switzerland close to the center as we use public transportation to explore the area. Does anyone have any recommendations for a vacation flat or condo? If not in Switzerland is there a town in Italy close to the border that would have access to the train line to Locarno. It would wonderful to have a view of the lake.

3 Answers Sep 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    • Recommended travel from Locarno to Verona

by Myblueginger Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 1:20 AM

What is the best way to get from Locarno to Verona during end of September? We are traveling without a car.

3 Answers Aug 24, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    • Hiring bike in Camedo and returning at Ponte Brolla

by rasheric Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Does anyone know if there are bikes available for kids at the camedo station ? is it a technical ride going to Ponte Brolla ? is the ride on a naroow or eide trail or is it on the road ?

1 Answer Jun 5, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    • Getting to Locarno

by ksk1 Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I am flying to Europe to go to Locarno for a conference.

Is it easier to get to Locarno from Milan or Zurich? I am interested in train service or other convenient quick method.

3 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    • Ferry day passes

by rfrlin Online Now Nov 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM

My wife and I plan on staying in Locarno in early September, 2010. I can find a lot of general information about ferries, but not much specific about fares, passes, areas. My questions are:

1- Are there ferry passes available that are good for several of the lakes i.e. Maggiore, Como, etc. ?

2- Are there passes that are good for the ferries portions of travel both in Italy and Switzerland?

3-Where can I find info on number of days and costs of the passes?

4-Any recommendations for traveling to the most scenic spots on the lakes and minimizing car driving time??

Thanks in advance for info and your time to respond.
      Bob

4 Answers Nov 7, 2009 at 2:48 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Centovalli railway

by pepemorris11 Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 5:01 AM

anybody knows the price for the scenic ride from Locarno to Domodossola (hope i got the spelling right). i would like to know the price of a return ticket and the frequency of the trains back and forth. want to do a day trip and be back in Lucarno to explore another little village Ascora (something like that). is it doable? thanks

6 Answers Aug 27, 2009 at 3:52 AM
    • Name that Statue

by milesy80 Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 4:39 AM

On an all too brief visit to Locarno a month ago, I photographed a large statue near to or in the gardens adjoining the lake shore - and within walking distance of the railway station - and would like to know what it is about and to whom dedicated. It is in grey granite (?) with a Toscanini-like figure apparently reading from a scroll and surmounting a deep plinth, on which are a succession of human figures. I hope this brief description will serve to identify it. My photograph is good and clear but the inscriptions do not seem readable. Thank you.I liked Locarno and my train journey through CentoValli but I doubt I shall much longer be able to travel in Switzerland/Italy

• JoseAlexandre's Profile Photo

Madonna del Sasso

by JoseAlexandre Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 3:32 AM

I would like to visit Madonna del Sasso in Locarno on my way from Bellinzonna to Val Maggia. Does anybody know if we can get there by car? Thank you

2 Answers Jul 7, 2008 at 5:51 PM
    • tunayilmaz's Profile Photo

Film Festival

by tunayilmaz Online Now May 23, 2007 at 2:28 AM

I'd like to attend the film festival in Locarno in August. Can anyone help me to fins very cheap accomodation? I'll only use the place for sleeping since I'll be busy on following the film festival. I ama film critic and I'll be out all days during the fest:) Thanks in adavnce!

1 Answer May 23, 2007 at 3:42 AM
    • Accomodations in Locarno--July

by dbasss Online Now May 2, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Can anyone recommend a good budget B&B or pension in Locarno for July?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    • bicycling around lago maggiore

by tonyverebes Online Now Oct 31, 2006 at 7:16 PM

I want to bicycle anound lago maggiore in june.
      how are the roads ? is there a lot of traffic? is it dangerous? are places to stay easy to find? where can i find a good map of the lake? any info would be very helpful
      Thanks, tony

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo

Who knows mountainbikeroutes and walkingroutes near Lago Maggiore?

by karin_kamphuis Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Hello,

We want to do some short (not heavy, we are starters!) mountainbike-routes in the neighbourhood of Cannobio/ Locarno (maximum of 40 kilometers). Does anybody know one? Please let me know how to find them (signs) or send me a roadmap/discription from the tour.

The same for a walkingtour; we like to do a walking tour to a mountainlake (ice-lake) or on higher mountains to the top. Please let us know if you have tips.

THANKS; greetings Karin.

2 Answers Jul 27, 2006 at 12:05 AM
    • linaks's Profile Photo

Which of the two would be better for a November holiday - Lugano or Locarno?

by linaks Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 6:02 PM

LUGANO or LOCARNO - which of these two is a better choice for holidaying in November ?

linaks

5 Answers Sep 14, 2006 at 3:13 AM
    • Sinjoor's Profile Photo

Campeggio Piccolo Paradiso

by Sinjoor Online Now Jan 19, 2004 at 9:16 AM

I've just found out that our climbing club will hold its annual summercamp on Campeggio Piccolo Paradiso near Avegna in the Ticono region of Switzerland. Is there anyone who has been there and has comments on this campground? I've found a site about it on the net but personal insights are always more valuable, I think.